Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samb1234)
    For clarity. Numerical/graphical methods does not refer to cast or using graphs to generate other solutions. Graphical means you plot a graph e.g. if sin x =1/2 and you drew the line y=1/2 and the sine graph and then read off the intersections. Numerical means you used a method like newton rhapson or trial and error to find the solutions

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alishahussain832)
    Thank you.
    Yes you can use them. Arsey has essentially used a graph to generate the other solutions he's just done it the quick way

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alishahussain832)
    Same. I am just so used to drawing a sketch of the graph and working it out that way. The cast method gets confusing if you are looking for values beyond 360 degrees.
    You can still use the graph as long as you show you working out as well, that message only means that you cant use trial and error or just draw a graph and show the values...if you get what I mean, I've even started to confuse myself too now!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah he's literally just pictured the graph in his head.

ReputationRep:
    anayone know what's coming up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marsbar135)
    http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...ked-paper.html
    This is on the official edexcel site about c1 paper leak, why not about c2? Is it because they don't know or because it's a lie?
    I hope no one has an advantage of seeing any leaked papers, so unfair
    The papers weren't even leaked, just some dumb kid deciding to take his/her mobile phone out in an exam.

I highly doubt anyone actually has the C2 papers also.

ReputationRep:
    https://c4a3f001dcd45afe69d0ceec8300...%20Edexcel.pdf

Can someone help me with q7)a

ReputationRep:
    Apparently the C2 paper has been leaked so now we have to sit the reserved paper which is harder

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 12g)
    Apparently the C2 paper has been leaked so now we have to sit the reserved paper which is harder
    sources?

ReputationRep:
    Arc length = Rxpheta
    so 7x0.8

ReputationRep:
    I cant seem to get the answer for question 3 on this paper (Circle Theorems)
    https://b940eb267c31463d4d23ccfd3105...% 20Edexcel.pdf Paper
    https://b940eb267c31463d4d23ccfd3105...% 20Edexcel.pdf Mark scheme
    Help Anyone!?!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frances98)
    Arc length = Rxpheta
    so 7x0.8
    oops, i mean 7)c

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 12g)
    apparently the c2 paper has been leaked so now we have to sit the reserved paper which is harder
    fml, nooooooooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olon)
    You keep saying R/IAL but can you give me a link of where i can find these questions?
    Sorry! I didn't know people were confused :/

http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/...rs/c2-edexcel/

Scroll down, there will be June 2013/14 IAL/R papers so that's 4 more papers to do. They're usually harder so don't worry too much if you get a bit under your usual marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Walex12108)
    sources?
    what's the difference between an r paper and a normal one? and why is it harder?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haych97)
    You can still use the graph as long as you show you working out as well, that message only means that you cant use trial and error or just draw a graph and show the values...if you get what I mean, I've even started to confuse myself too now!

Thank you. I guess I kind of just panicked.
    Good luck for tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't you use the formula Arc length=r(theta)
    So that would be 7x0.8
    Make sure your calcs in radians

ReputationRep:
    Anyoneeee??
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    yes i heard rumours of the leak as well, around the street./ what is your source

ReputationRep:
    Guys, tbh I don't think the C2 paper was leaked. People on twitter have been calling up Edexcel and they've confirmed it isn't. I'm sure it's just a rumour

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 15, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Who is going to be the top scorer of the World Cup in 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.