Turn on thread page Beta

Keele A100 Applicants 2016 Entry watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    To those who got offers, has your track updated yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottemc1234)
    Has anyone heard anything today?
    No

ReputationRep:
    Got rejection without interview email today about 2:20pm. Was a graduate applying for the six year course as from an arts background. 2:1 degree, experience as a carer and event first aider. Absolutely flunked the ukcat though, with an average at about 595 (670 VR, everything else sub-600). Had managed to get 650+ averages in practice but on the day just panicked and over thought everything. Will be applying again for next year. Good luck and congrats to those with interviews and offers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bumblebee12)
    To those who got offers, has your track updated yet?
    Yes, my track updated first, and then I got the email from Keele.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScarlettxB)
    Yes, my track updated first, and then I got the email from Keele.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When did you get your offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bumblebee12)
    When did you get your offer?
    Around late afternoon on 17th Feb.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    From a successfull applicant or someone who has receiced an interview, considering i only got 4A*'s so i obviously won't be in the 20% academic scoring section, what is required from the roles and responsibility for you to get an interview or is it a siginifcantly high ukcat score needed

ReputationRep:
    Has everyone seen that they've increased the offer for the 2016/17 cycle to A*AA?

That's motivation to do well at interview!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curiouzgeorge)
    From a successfull applicant or someone who has receiced an interview, considering i only got 4A*'s so i obviously won't be in the 20% academic scoring section, what is required from the roles and responsibility for you to get an interview or is it a siginifcantly high ukcat score needed
    That's fine.

It need to be varied, and well written. Really, you just need to show commitment and insight.
    May I ask what you scored on the UKCAT?

ReputationRep:
    I score 597.5 average in the UKCAT and had an interview in December

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mutleybm1996)
    That's fine.

It need to be varied, and well written. Really, you just need to show commitment and insight.
    May I ask what you scored on the UKCAT?
    I'm yet to apply, I'm currently in year 12

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sssbbb)
    I score 597.5 average in the UKCAT and had an interview in December
    Is there any advice you could give to me on successfully getting an interview?

ReputationRep:
    Is there any advice you could give to me on successfully getting an interview?
    Just make sure that you put the really important stuff in the R&R form. Make yourself stand out.

ReputationRep:
    Guys I'm freaking out! Just saw a page where it said that for the 2014/2015 cycle only 25 offers out of ~500 interviews were given?!!!

IS THIS TRUE

Does Keele only give out a few offers of 10s, I don't know and I can't find the stats anywhere

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mutleybm1996)
    Has everyone seen that they've increased the offer for the 2016/17 cycle to A*AA?

That's motivation to do well at interview!
    where did you see that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by academia123)
    Guys I'm freaking out! Just saw a page where it said that for the 2014/2015 cycle only 25 offers out of ~500 interviews were given?!!!

IS THIS TRUE

Does Keele only give out a few offers of 10s, I don't know and I can't find the stats anywhere
    Thought it was 250 out of 500

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephannalee)
    Thought it was 250 out of 500
    Yeah it is they said on the open day

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything today?

ReputationRep:
    Stats: Ukcat 670 and what I thought was a decent r and r form. Yet I'm still on hold and someone got an interview with a Ukcat under 600?

Lol ok.

ReputationRep:
    They don't use the ukcat unless it's borderline, interviews are based on the R&R form. So the experiences you've gained. Obviously that person had a really good work experience background. UKCAT is practically irrelevant with Keele unless you're faced with someone who's scored the same on their R&R form. I hope we hear soon as last week when I rang, they said we should all know by Friday of this week!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2017
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.