The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Efoster221
anybody got anything back from Nottingham yet? I sent mine in November got offers for Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield and Reading but still waiting for Nottingham. Sat my lnat in November as well :frown:

Nottingham were last to reply to my daughter for law last year, think it was late February.
Original post by Kingston97
May i ask when did you send that email ? Because i am really worry about King's as well in terms of my LNAT score But my friends got rejected and my other friends and myself are still waiting which is weird

I asked after I messed up my LNAT. So Oct 26 or so
Original post by mumollypolly
I'm just worried that they may not have my LNAT scores and I want them to have it before the deadline... Apart from filling in your LNAT ID on your UCAS application and ticking the schools when applying for the LNAT, did you do anything else? Thanks

I wouldn't worry too much. My daughter last year took her LNAT early Sept, UCAS submitted early Oct and received offers from all her choices inc Oxford, before Nottingham eventually giot round to making her an offer in Feb/Mar (she found out she attained 32 in the LNAT), so please don't get too discouraged by the delay in them responding.
Original post by oli19919
Well done, may I ask what you got a at gcse please

7A* 3A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PollaPulchra197
Hi Guys,

I have offers from Oxford, Bristol, Nottingham and Liverpool to study Law and German next year. Waiting to hear back from UCL. AS Grades - 4 As.

Anyone here an Oriel College Oxford Law offer holder?? Would love to speak to fellow prospective students!!

Hi. What were your GCSE grades?
GCSE: A*A*AAAABBB
AS: AAAA
Applied early October, LNAT 19th October.

Rejected from LSE (because of GCSE's), UCL (because of LNAT). Offer from S'oton. Waiting on Bristol and Cambridge.

Hoping on Bristol, but UCL rejecting me on the basis of the LNAT is worrying me.

How's everyone else doing?
Original post by Varya
Applied to KCL, UCL, Durham, Cambridge and LSE. Got rejected by the last two. LNAT went down the drain. I haven't heard from the first 3. I am panicking.

What were your predicted grades?
Original post by NOP97
GCSE: A*A*AAAABBB
AS: AAAA
Applied early October, LNAT 19th October.

Rejected from LSE (because of GCSE's), UCL (because of LNAT). Offer from S'oton. Waiting on Bristol and Cambridge.

Hoping on Bristol, but UCL rejecting me on the basis of the LNAT is worrying me.

How's everyone else doing?

What were your A2 grades ?
Original post by JohnGreek
Meh, got offers from Bristol and UCL, rejected from Oxford (rest in peace), waiting for King's and LSE.

Depending on whether LSE rejects me or not, I see myself ultimately firming UCL :s-smilie:

That's not a bad thing. UCL has a very good law school.

Original post by Abhishek Dhawan
What were your A2 grades ?

Haven't finished A2. Predicted 3 A*s.
Original post by dodo15
Congrats they're great offers!!

When did you get an offer from Bristol and what was the offer?
:smile:

Hi! Thanks! I'm so excite!

My Bristol offer is 3As or an A*, A and a B.

My Bristol offer came through on the 17th December :smile:
Original post by NOP97
Hi. What were your GCSE grades?

Hi :smile:

9A* 3As :smile:
Hi! Thanks! I'm so excite!

My Bristol offer is 3As or an A*, A and a B.

My Bristol offer came through on the 17th December :smile:

Well done that's s great :biggrin:

Can I ask what you were predicted? and when you sent your application off and did your LNAT?
Thanks
Reply 1032
Original post by Abhishek Dhawan
What were your predicted grades?

I'm applying as a mature student as I am completing an undergrad degree in English from Durham. They've predicted a high 2:1 for me. Other than that, in class12, I managed to get a 97% in the Indian Board exam.
Reply 1033
Original post by Ruby17
My LNAT went down the drain too :frown: I applied to KCL and durham too :"(

Best of luck!! I think we really need it.
Original post by Ruby17
My LNAT went down the drain too :frown: I applied to KCL and durham too :"(

Original post by Kingston97
May i ask when did you send that email ? Because i am really worry about King's as well in terms of my LNAT score But my friends got rejected and my other friends and myself are still waiting which is weird

Original post by Varya
Best of luck!! I think we really need it.

what happened on the day of your LNAT? did you do the sample tests regularly beforehand? were you sick or did not enough sufficient food prior to the exam?

Original post by JohnGreek
I think I saw somewhere that UCL and King's have the same MCQ average score for their offer holders - it was 25/42 a couple of years ago. However, King's uses the LNAT MCQ as a minimum cut-off point, whereas UCL tends to focus more on the essay... Don't take my word for it - browse the LNAT threads here and see what people are saying :smile:
Original post by dfradkin
I emailed them before and they said that if you score below 26, you are 'unlikely to be offered a place'

yes. kings and nottingham have a cut off point policy. so no matter how good your AS or predicted A2 grades are, if an applicant has an LNAT score that is below a certain score, that person will be rejected.
anyone else applied for Cambridge law and waiting for decisions on the 12th??
Original post by izzzler
anyone else applied for Cambridge law and waiting for decisions on the 12th??

I am, mate, what college did you apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dodo15
Well done that's s great :biggrin:

Can I ask what you were predicted? and when you sent your application off and did your LNAT?
Thanks

Thanks! I'm predicted A*, 2As, but honestly I think the A* is pushing it. I sent my application off on around the 13th October ( as I remember) and I had done my LNAT already on 16th September. I wanted to get it out the way, and I think that was a good idea. I liked my LNAT, didn't think it went too badly. Is that what you guys think?
Original post by Solrac777
I am, mate, what college did you apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

trinity college, you?? and how did your interview go do you think?
Thanks! I'm predicted A*, 2As, but honestly I think the A* is pushing it. I sent my application off on around the 13th October ( as I remember) and I had done my LNAT already on 16th September. I wanted to get it out the way, and I think that was a good idea. I liked my LNAT, didn't think it went too badly. Is that what you guys think?

We have the same predictions and the same feeling about our predictions haha!

Thank you for telling me all this, and yes I thought the LNAT was okay not amazing but not terrible! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending