Turn on thread page Beta

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 901dL)
    I really wanted to apply to No5; I did a mini-pupillage there and it was by far my favourite set. But after looking at the application form I'm not risking spending absolutely hours filling it out for it to not send. Plus I have a mac, and macs tend to not like those sorts of forms... If I'm still applying next year hopefully they'll go back to the old-faithful Word application form!
    Dedication, late nights and a lot of patience with application forms are needed if you are going to get pupillage. I would say it's worth your time if it really is your favourite set.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bob boblaw)
    Dedication, late nights and a lot of patience with application forms are needed if you are going to get pupillage. I would say it's worth your time if it really is your favourite set.
    I agree 100%! Not shouting at you, but if you can't be bothered filling out a simple form which is nothing compared to what you would do in practice. Then "why should we invite you to interview....."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SIE2013)
    I pressed save on the No 5 pupillage portal (to submit it). The page just refreshed & didn't go blank - has anyone else experienced this today?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I received a reply; the form had to go blank and not just refresh for it to send. Your DOB has to be MM/DD/YYYY and all boxes need something in them I.e n/a. Mine sent after changing the DOB format!

ReputationRep:
    How long until the No5 e-mail confirmation came through please? Heard nothing since 11pm yesterday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what tomorrow's interview at Lincoln will be? Adv? Or normal interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123flaw)
    I received a reply; the form had to go blank and not just refresh for it to send. Your DOB has to be MM/DD/YYYY and all boxes need something in them I.e n/a. Mine sent after changing the DOB format!
    I eventually figured that out, thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SIE2013)
    I eventually figured that out, thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you receive a confirmation email? I haven't. Very much questioning the reliability of the extension of their application process...

ReputationRep:
    Any word from Fenners?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123flaw)
    Did you receive a confirmation email? I haven't. Very much questioning the reliability of the extension of their application process...
    Yep, from Shirley.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when we are likely to hear from Five Paper?

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else having trouble filling out the Field Court application form? Tried using the pdf viewer they suggest but it won't let me enter any text on the form

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bar_hopeful)
    Is anyone else having trouble filling out the Field Court application form? Tried using the pdf viewer they suggest but it won't let me enter any text on the form
    I gave up and went for the Word version.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PupilLAD)
    Does anyone know when we are likely to hear from Five Paper?
    Errr unless I'm going blind,I can't find their closed advertisement on the Pupillage Gateway. Not sure what the consequences are for flouting the regulations. Can anyone find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulu_dudette)
    Has anyone received a confirmation email from QEB HW?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi there yes I received one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pupilpleaser)
    Hi there yes I received one.
    Ok that's a concern. When did you send yours/receive the confirmation email if you don't mind me asking? I had a problem with my emails a few days ago and I'm hoping this wasn't caught in the mix!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulu_dudette)
    Ok that's a concern. When did you send yours/receive the confirmation email if you don't mind me asking? I had a problem with my emails a few days ago and I'm hoping this wasn't caught in the

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi there
    I applied a couple of weeks ago and asked them for confirmation of safe receipt in my covering email. Hope that helps. They came back the same day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nordic)
    Errr unless I'm going blind,I can't find their closed advertisement on the Pupillage Gateway. Not sure what the consequences are for flouting the regulations. Can anyone find it?
    Sounds like somebody missed the deadline for applications...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGoblinHunter)
    You're a goblin, not a troll. Behave accordingly.

ReputationRep:
    I second that. They were at the pupillage fair as far as I know and they are known to offer 2 pupillages per year.

Not sure what the consequences are though.

ReputationRep:
    Guilty! But that's because I use the Gateway advertisements to track closing dates.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2017
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.