Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC3 Core 3 - Wednesday 15th June 2016 [Official Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    https://www.change.org/p/aqa-lower-g...aries-for-mpc3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WurfWurf)
    Please just **** off. You made this account today just to annoy people. http://prntscr.com/bgqh6h . Busted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaaakie)
    i don't really see what the fuss is about, this was an easy paper, if you think this was hard you shouldve seen FP3 OR worse still M3!! this was really good in my opinion
    Personally I found FP3 and M3 much easier than Core 3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smartsy)
    I got the simpsons rule question wrong wtf i got -123 that's so wrong i'm gonna kill myself that was supposed to be easy marks
    LOOOOOOOOOL man got -123 uno LOOOOL FFS

ReputationRep:
    It's all resting on core 4 and mechanics now for uni

Lol what am I saying core 3 has done me in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khuman97)
    you bring the 2 down because its ln, so it will be 2ln3x/x anf then bring the 2 out next to pie and do and it will ln3x/x then continue
    You can't bring the 2 down, it's (ln3x)^2 not ln(3x)^2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rickystan)
    +1
    got that too!!

ReputationRep:
    For the integration by parts question what did everyone get could you bring the x^2 up so its x^-2

ReputationRep:
    Surely the first 30-40 marks should be accessible for most
    Then a few harder marks for a C
    Few more for a B

Then the rest for the guys that are aiming for As and A*s

For B students like myself I felt like there was no middle ground

It's sad cos I actually understood the syllabus and knew why I was doing everything I was doing in the past papers. As opposed to before not really knowing what I was doin but applying it anyway and getting it correct.

The year I made proper effort and understood stuff I couldn't do it lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jojoj)
    how where you meant to do the whole of question 9
    not sure if this has been posted and i didn't get part a in the exam but realized it at at home
    question 9
    a)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    secx-tanx=-5
    secx=tanx-5
    sec2x=(tanx-5)2 ==>sec2x=tan2x-10tanx+25
    since sec2x=tan2x+1
    tan2x+1=tan2x-10tanx+25
    tan2x's cancel so 10tanx=24 ==> tanx=2.4
    secx=tanx-5 ==> secx=-2.6
    therefore secx+tanx=-0.2
    b)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    secx-tanx=-5 and secx+tanx=-0.2
    add the 2 equations together ==> 2secx=-5.2 ==> cosx=1/-2.6
    c)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    use cos(2x+70)=1/-2.6 to solve

if there are any mistakes i've made feel free to point them out

ReputationRep:
    What was the substitution question including the limits please anyone?

ReputationRep:
    All i remember was when I put that 7 marker for integration into my calculator it took 20 years to churn out the answer.

ReputationRep:
    BY THE WAY FOR THE VOLUME OF REVOLUTION I GOT 4pi -2pi ln3 as my final answer and havent seen anyone here who got the same

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I am a B worthy student.

If u gave me 10 of the past papers before this I would average between 50-55.

Most u guys probably feel the same and it kinda sucks cos we worked hard. There is no doing a maths a level exam without working hard regardless of ability. We worked and have f all to show for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smartsy)
    Me too. According to my maths teacher there hasn't been a single easy paper so far, so I'm reeeeeally ****ed for Core 4 if this trend continues.
    Only FP4 was comparable to past paper difficulty - FP3 M3 C3 have all been difficult (and the word difficult doesn't quite capture the gift from Satan that is M3)
    (Original post by rickla)
    Personally I found FP3 and M3 much easier than Core 3
    Are you serious about M3 lol

ReputationRep:
    Start of the week: 'I think, based on past papers, I can get A*A*A', post-AQA: 'I hope to god I can get ABB'.

ReputationRep:
    If anyone knows anybody that are invovled in the grade boundaries discussion making please let them read this. Aqa i hope ure reading this.
    FEAR YOUR LORD COZ U R AFFECTING THE NUMBER OF FUTURE DENTISTS, DOCTORS, TEACHERS AND OTHER AWESOME PEOPLE'S LIVES. WE DESERVE THE BEST SO PLZ LET AN A BE AT LEAST 37 MARKS OR LOWER (MUCH APPRECIATED IF YOU CAN).
    with all my respects 😨😨😵😵
    please be nice this yearrrrrrr!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parhomus)
    All i remember was when I put that 7 marker for integration into my calculator it took 20 years to churn out the answer.
    do you remember what the substitution u was in that question? was it u=4x-1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    do you remember what the substitution u was in that question? was it u=4x-1?
    according to answers here; but I thought it was 4x+1 but that doesn't give a nice answer so im not sure. I thought i had got the answer right but now im worried af about my answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Berke0)
    I feel like I am a B worthy student.

If u gave me 10 of the past papers before this I would average between 50-55.

Most u guys probably feel the same and it kinda sucks cos we worked hard. There is no doing a maths a level exam without working hard regardless of ability. We worked and have f all to show for it
    I agree. It probably looks like to people who haven't done this paper looking at this thread that we are just over-exaggerating, but that paper hardly allowed anyone to show what they were capable of, nor did it allow us to represent and showcase the effort put in. It is quite painful to see grades disappear after doing one paper, and knocks confidence massively. Hopefully we can all scavenge something good from the next paper. Good luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.