Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR Chemistry A Exam Thread (Breadth - May 27 2016 and Depth - June 10 2016) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaryamHera)
    Is oxidation of magnesium gaining electrons?
    OILRIG
    Oxidation Is Loss (of electrons)

ReputationRep:
    Original post by MaryamHera)
    what did everyone write for would the gas produced increase decrease or stay the same for the first few questions

i got volume increases because i said that it gets more reactive down the group is this correct? or would it be because the number of moles decrease

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amysed)
    no oxidation is loss of electrons:

OILRIG
    Great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2kk2)
    what did everyone write for would the gas produced increase decrease or stay the same for the first few questions

i got volume increases because i said that it gets more reactive down the group is this correct? or would it be because the number of moles decrease
    it decreases because the Mr increases as you go down the group therefore moles decreases

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2kk2)

I put volume decreased because less moles are used

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2kk2)

It is decrease because the atomic radius increases and so does solubility

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nabzyvelli321)
    4.46*10^6 Pa
    1.8 something for mass
    67% yield
    Metal - Ca
    9*10^-4 for gs-1- rates
    Did anyone say clamp stand needed for oxidation??
    I wrote that the alcohol was volatile and would evaporate, hence why you'd need quick-fit apparatus e.g reflux condenser

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2kk2)

K basically it would decrease because as you go down the group mr increases, mol=g/Mr , so a bigger me gives smaller mol value

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KevinClyde)
    I wrote that the alcohol was volatile and would evaporate, hence why you'd need quick-fit apparatus e.g reflux condenser
    OMG thats what I written exactly too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2kk2)

Everyone's here saying that it changed and here I am getting it wrong as I just wrote that it stayed the same saying that it's reaction rate increased because everything else stayed constant

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=me...FsraVhTLh7M%3A WHo drew something similar to this?

ReputationRep:
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=me...FsraVhTLh7M%3A WHo drew something similar to this?
    I used a gas syringe

ReputationRep:
    Some people in my class did that, others drew a gas syringe. I'm pretty sure both are correct

ReputationRep:
    I drew a gas syringe but I think both methods are fine (the book mentions both)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    Would we lose marks dor puting the dot on the wrong element I put it next to nitrogen
    Nope, as long as it's on your NO/NO2 molecule as it's not known of which element contains that free radical, it's just assumed the molecule as a whole contains it. I prefer putting mine before he compound also, it just looks tidier.

ReputationRep:
    And i was getting bare excited when i found out it was butanoic acid as well

ReputationRep:
    I guessed the NO catalyst question but in the end looking at the book I got it right!!!

ReputationRep:
    grade boundaries predictions? I am guessing last paper 54/70 and as this one was harder 52/70

ReputationRep:
    or maybe OCR will be ********s and make it 58 and 56

ReputationRep:
    FFFFFSSS cus it said the NO is used for catalyising, I wrote the NO on top of the arrow for each stage and done it for a Cl I f***ed that test up so fu***cking bad

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.