** Official Investment Banking Spring Week 2017 Thread **

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yua)
    is it similar for verbal reasoning?
    yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are the AD free numerical practice tests similar to the real ones?

ReputationRep:
    How are you suppose to start applying for SW when they ask you for your cell phone number? I am yet to arrive in the UK hence has no UK number yet?

ReputationRep:
    Also, for personal details when asked to provide info regarding your residency, country, street adress etc. I am not from the UK, should I write the campus adress or my "home" adress back home?

ReputationRep:
    hey guys! anyone know which banks have opened up their applications?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DecentSounds)
    hey guys! anyone know which banks have opened up their applications?
    GS, MS, JPM, CS, UBS, HSBC, DB, Nomura, BAML, Rothschild

Still waiting on Citi, RBC, Blackrock, Fidelity, Unilever, Bloomberg and BP IST.

Barc and Laz will be 1st Nov.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Still waiting on Citi, RBC, Blackrock, Fidelity, Unilever, Bloomberg and BP IST.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Unilever? Da***, that ain't a bank

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    Unilever? Da***, that ain't a bank
    no crap bro, neither are blackrock, fidelity or bloomberg but guess what? they all have spring week programmes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, just gonna say that I won't be using this much over the next week to two weeks or so for freshers and all of that. So won't be able to answer anything/respond to PMs that much.

To everyone starting uni etc, hope you guys have a blast

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Might sound very stupid but after looking extensively, I cannot for the life of me find the MS Spring week application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jker)
    Might sound very stupid but after looking extensively, I cannot for the life of me find the MS Spring week application
    https://morganstanley.tal.net/vx/lan...t-London/en-GB

Never mind the fixed incone s&t tag, it is a generalist programme. Someone don' goofed when publishing the application.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    https://morganstanley.tal.net/vx/lan...t-London/en-GB

Never mind the fixed incone s&t tag, it is a generalist programme. Someone don' goofed when publishing the application.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks bud!

ReputationRep:
    This has probably been answered a few times, but skimming through all the pages is tedious. for GS SW, does the resume need to include both the CV and covering letter, or strictly the CV?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Getting a couple of emails for Investment Banks visiting my University in mid-late October. They explain how they'll do some presentation about their firm and will offer some Alumni networking.

Would it be worth applying to spring weeks after these internal insight programmes (late October) as I'll have contacts within the firm, or should I just apply early anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sonnyjimisgod)
    Getting a couple of emails for Investment Banks visiting my University in mid-late October. They explain how they'll do some presentation about their firm and will offer some Alumni networking.

Would it be worth applying to spring weeks after these internal insight programmes (late October) as I'll have contacts within the firm, or should I just apply early anyway?
    Late Oct is fine, not gonna pick up til then. But tbh, attending the session before or after applying won't make much of a difference.

(Original post by glebp)
    This has probably been answered a few times, but skimming through all the pages is tedious. for GS SW, does the resume need to include both the CV and covering letter, or strictly the CV?

Cheers
    CV. There's a 300 word application question that is essentially a CL.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    no crap bro, neither are blackrock, fidelity or bloomberg but guess what? they all have spring week programmes

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I meant more in the sense that it's not finance and I thought that's what the thread is for...

But I get what you mean

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    I meant more in the sense that it's not finance and I thought that's what the thread is for...
    bruh, large companies have finance departments

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah I see
    Also, EY, KPMG, PWC, Deloitte do some sort of Spring week/insight thing that can lead to vacations schemes.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, just gonna say that I won't be using this much over the next week to two weeks or so for freshers and all of that. So won't be able to answer anything/respond to PMs that much.

To everyone starting uni etc, hope you guys have a blast

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck ma boy Prince

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Isn't that basically accounting tho? Not banking or asset/investment management or trading

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.