Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Wait so i got a cl* radical in my fragmentation equation is that wrong as i used ch2ocl+ as my fragment ion as it adds up to 65 too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hclarke9)
    It is!!
    :beer: So is mine!!!
    At least I've met (well spoken to) another Harry Clarke!
    You're going to tell me your born in May or Bristol next!

ReputationRep:
    Q3f. WTF!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scarly9)
    Yeah but in a previous pass paper silver nitrate was used to distinguish between a long chained haloalkane and acylchloride don't know why it works but it does >_<
    I put that you add water. With the acyl chloride, you get misty white fumes of HCl, but no visible change with the other one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannahC-H)
    Ah sh*t, I said it was because the polyester would be broken down by hydrolysis in the body and so wouldn't have to be removed once the wound had healed as they'd naturally break down…..
    I also said this

ReputationRep:
    It was 8 peaks for the carbon-13 n.m.r one right? The first box?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but in a previous pass paper silver nitrate was used to distinguish between a long chained haloalkane and acylchloride don't know why it works but it does >_<
    I put add H20 and steamy white fumes of HCL will be seen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gezza_O'Brien)
    Literally this is me. Watched all 12 seasons of greys anatomy in 2 months lmao and now look at me. Push one of Epi cuz dat exam nearly stopped my heart

Posted from TSR Mobile
    get me an OR because i think i have a brain aneurism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by terpanter)
    i think acyl chloride form ppt while haloalkane doesn't..?
    yeah u are right I was wrong so feelsbadman for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randoms132)
    I pretty sure it was 8 peaks for that c13 nmr question!
    I could have sworn it was 9

(Original post by Capsicle102)
    There was a question like this in a previous paper in which the mark scheme answer was:
    - Chlorine is more electronegative
    - Chlorine draws electron density towards itself
    - OH bond is weaker
    Is there any chance you can find this MS?

I said (which is in my notes/online):

Chlorine is a very electronegative atom which withdraws the electron density from the COO- ion, making the COO- ion less negative, more stable and more acidic.

I believe this was for two marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aerosmith)
    It was 8 peaks for the carbon-13 n.m.r one right? The first box?
    i got 9

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadherin)
    It was 9 - did you miss out the CH3 groups on the benzene (both in one environment) as I did initially and discovered my mistake>
    Yeah I got 9 too!! Pretty sure it's right because I checked it like 3 times

ReputationRep:
    I put AgNO3. If acidified, no marks.

Acidificed AgNO3 would work for the halogenoalkanes. However, if you don't acidify it, the acyl chloride would show a white precipitate and the Cl bonded directly to a methyl group wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stevesteve12)
    Could the last question be CH3-O-CH2-C(CH3)2-CH2OH???
    I got that!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannahC-H)
    Ah sh*t, I said it was because the polyester would be broken down by hydrolysis in the body and so wouldn't have to be removed once the wound had healed as they'd naturally break down…..
    That's what I said because the medical stuff through me off! But I think it's right though... maybe not what they want though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suits101)
    No, sorry.

D: zero
    E: second

People are in agreeance with E, but D people are getting 1/0 so I don't know.
    D is definetly 1 i had extra time and worked out k then put it into my own rate equation aha >_<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadherin)
    It was 9 - did you miss out the CH3 groups on the benzene (both in one environment) as I did initially and discovered my mistake>
    Do you by any chance Remember the name of the molecule? I need to find out because i re counted at least 3 times and i was pretty sure :-(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randoms132)
    Do you by any chance Remember the name of the molecule? I need to find out because i re counted at least 3 times and i was pretty sure :-(
    Lidocaine I seem to remember?

ReputationRep:
    Someone post a mark scheme please. Also the last question was so bad I wanted to faint lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.