Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
TSR looking different to you this week? Find out why here. 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olly_price)
    I applied for equity research, what about you?
    I'm applying for markets.

ReputationRep:
    anyone heard anything about CS? And updates about what stage ppl are for Lazard pls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gsbs2)
    anyone heard anything about CS? And updates about what stage ppl are for Lazard pls
    Did the CS test about a week ago but haven't heard anything yet.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone every applied to Centerview before? I just sent off an application, not sure what to expect in terms of how long they will take to get back to me if they ever do, what the process is etc.

ReputationRep:
    On my CV Ive got 1 proper work experience as a finance assistant and 2 volunteering.

I've got a one reference for my finance assistance role. But none for my volunteering which was teaching kids in a village in South Africa whilst on holiday. Say if I'm lucky enough to get an offer, would this be an issue with regards to background checks?

I'm applying for finance grad btw.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Is it OK to write a cover letter addressed to dear sir/madam if you do not know the name of the person?
    Its really difficult to find, for example, the name of the person for banks such as MS, JPM ect. so just wanted to make sure that this is acceptable.

thanks in advance to those who reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by panda12)
    Hey guys,

Is it OK to write a cover letter addressed to dear sir/madam if you do not know the name of the person?
    Its really difficult to find, for example, the name of the person for banks such as MS, JPM ect. so just wanted to make sure that this is acceptable.

thanks in advance to those who reply.

ye

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olly_price)
    Has anyone every applied to Centerview before? I just sent off an application, not sure what to expect in terms of how long they will take to get back to me if they ever do, what the process is etc.
    is it for FT role?

ReputationRep:
    How difficult is it for a UK student to get an internship position in a bulge bracket firm in New York, if you have a contact pretty high up the hierarchy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by econibpe)
    How difficult is it for a UK student to get an internship position in a bulge bracket firm in New York, if you have a contact pretty high up the hierarchy?
    Already answered earlier in the thread, basically impossible. Although, if your contact can get you an interview then maybe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Already answered earlier in the thread, basically impossible. Although, if your contact can get you an interview then maybe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My contact is an MD, does this make things much better?

ReputationRep:
    If they can get you an interview, yeah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

you obviously know more about the chances, since you are the one in the situation and I doubt anyone else in the forum has gone through it

ReputationRep:
    Is it too late to start looking for internships? I thought we were meant to start looking for them in early October, but holy ****, everyone here sounds like they already have one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khemia)
    Is it too late to start looking for internships? I thought we were meant to start looking for them in early October, but holy ****, everyone here sounds like they already have one.
    No lol, most haven't even opened.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No lol, most haven't even opened.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank god! It'll be future me's problem to get one then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gsbs2)
    you obviously know more about the chances, since you are the one in the situation and I doubt anyone else in the forum has gone through it
    I was only recently introduced to the contact and I haven't even approached him yet. I was asking to find out how much to realistically expect - chill with the hostility mate.

ReputationRep:
    I was only recently introduced to the contact and I haven't even approached him yet. I was asking to find out how much to realistically expect - chill with the hostility mate.
    ?????

So it's not really a contact ahahaha, I very much doubt you'll get an interview if this is the first time you're speaking to him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ?????

So it's not really a contact ahahaha, I very much doubt you'll get an interview if this is the first time you're speaking to him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We are family friends dude. (The contact and I)

ReputationRep:
    We are family friends dude.
    Ah.

Should be easy enough then, with the right way of framing it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.