Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gabrielealek)
    didnt get that for the current question.. im not sure what one you are on about there was a few current ones?
    It was the one about the current splitting it was like what currents flowing through 7ohm and then it asked about a 4ohm, it was overall 2 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Okdmd46)
    It was the one about the current splitting it was like what currents flowing through 7ohm and then it asked about a 4ohm, it was overall 2 marks
    oh gosh no for 7 ohm i wrote 240mA and for 4ohm i wrote 320mA.. how did you get 106.6 recurring?

ReputationRep:
    oh gosh no for 7 ohm i wrote 240mA and for 4ohm i wrote 320mA.. how did you get 106.6 recurring?
    Yea i got 240 for first and the two resistors were 8 and 4 ratio of 2:1, current ratio of 1:2 160/3 =53.333x2 = 106.66

ReputationRep:
    Yea i got 240 for first and the two resistors were 8 and 4 ratio of 2:1, current ratio of 1:2 160/3 =53.333x2 = 106.66
    that doesnt make sense because the total has to be 480mA and 106.66 + 160 does not add up to that - hence why i took 160 away from 480

ReputationRep:
    that doesnt make sense because the total has to be 480mA and 106.66 + 160 does not add up to that - hence why i took 160 away from 480
    Why does it have to be 480? It told us 160mA was flowing at the point of the 8 and 4 ohm

ReputationRep:
    Why does it have to be 480? It told us 160mA was flowing at the point of the 8 and 4 ohm
    So i split the 160 into 106.6 for the 4 and 53.3 for the 8

ReputationRep:
    So i split the 160 into 106.6 for the 4 and 53.3 for the 8
    im pretty sure 160mA was only travelling to the 8ohm resistor and current always adds up to what it was at the beginning thus it has to leave as 480mA and also a 4ohm resistor will have more current throught it as it has less resistance so again it would not make sense for 106 to go through a 4ohm resistor when 160 was travelling through the 8ohm resistor

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=gabrielealek;65950236]im pretty sure 160mA was only travelling to the 8ohm resistor and current always adds up to what it was at the beginning thus it has to leave as 480mA and also a 4ohm resistor will have more current throught it as it has less resistance so again it would not make sense for 106 to go through a 4ohm resistor when 160 was travelling through the 8ohm resistor[/QUOTE

Current in series doesnt split, in the second parallel circuit thing it said 160mA was flowing but i had yet to split so i split it between the 8 and the 4 in a ratio of 1:2 with the 4 ohm getting 106 and the 8 getting 53 which equalled the current flowing of 160

ReputationRep:
    im pretty sure 160mA was only travelling to the 8ohm resistor and current always adds up to what it was at the beginning thus it has to leave as 480mA and also a 4ohm resistor will have more current throught it as it has less resistance so again it would not make sense for 106 to go through a 4ohm resistor when 160 was travelling through the 8ohm resistor
    I dont understand why ccea would put in that the current was 480 at the start and then at the second part was 160 i just split what the current was at the two 7 which is 230 each and then 160 between 8 and 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RJM1802)
    For physics SA these are my answers that i remember:
    The cyclist max acc. =0.6
    Forward force=36N
    Mass= 60kg
    Then car crash deceleration i got 15
    And initial speed=30
    The one about the force on the car hitting the tyres was something like 16666.67?
    Then the initial velocity of the boulder=4
    The energy lost in the efficiency question was 100N
    I got the same as you for all of these! What did you think of it overall?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Okdmd46;65950384]
    (Original post by gabrielealek;[url="tel:65950236")
    65950236[/url]]im pretty sure 160mA was only travelling to the 8ohm resistor and current always adds up to what it was at the beginning thus it has to leave as 480mA and also a 4ohm resistor will have more current throught it as it has less resistance so again it would not make sense for 106 to go through a 4ohm resistor when 160 was travelling through the 8ohm resistor[/QUOTE

Current in series doesnt split, in the second parallel circuit thing it said 160mA was flowing but i had yet to split so i split it between the 8 and the 4 in a ratio of 1:2 with the 4 ohm getting 106 and the 8 getting 53 which equalled the current flowing of 160
    yes i know but it was flowing to the 8ohm resistor ONLY - there was no arrow going to the 4ohm resistor with 160mA - and current splits in parallel and those two resistors were in parallel and when it came out it has to add up to 480mA because like you said current doesnt split in series.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=gabrielealek;65950710]
    yes i know but it was flowing to the 8ohm resistor ONLY - there was no arrow going to the 4ohm resistor with 160mA - and current splits in parallel and those two resistors were in parallel and when it came out it has to add up to 480mA because like you said current doesnt split in series.
    See i thought the current of 160 was before it had split?

ReputationRep:
    Triple award physics.

For question 2 for the initial speed did anyone use

F=M(V-U)/T? And end up with 30m/s?

Also, what's the reason for the increased radius? I said lower centripetal force but I had no idea what to say for it.

The boulder asked for potential energy in TA so I did

gpe=mgh and found it then for part ii I believe it gave us a kinetic energy value so you took them away and got the kinetic energy and then subbed it back into KE=1/2 mv^2?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=gabrielealek;65950710]
    Yea i understand now, i misred it and thought 160 was split between the two instead of 160 going to the 8, atleast its only 1 mark bc i got 230 for the other

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Okdmd46;65950842]
    (Original post by gabrielealek;[url="tel:65950710")
    65950710[/url]]

See i thought the current of 160 was before it had split?
    idk thats not the way i saw it

ReputationRep:
    Chem unit 2 predictions? I've got so much left to learn.

ReputationRep:
    aight basically certain man will get sparked g don't watch dat ting

ReputationRep:
    triple physics:
    one of the questions said something about 600 milliseconds and I made a mistake converting it into seconds... I said it was 6 seconds instead of 0.6.. how many marks will I lose????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenmck99)
    triple physics:
    one of the questions said something about 600 milliseconds and I made a mistake converting it into seconds... I said it was 6 seconds instead of 0.6.. how many marks will I lose????
    what? i did that too i'm pretty sure it asked for it in s did it not?

Do you remember the question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackcoys)
    what? i did that too i'm pretty sure it asked for it in s did it not?

Do you remember the question?
    I can't remember the exact question but I know it gave you the milliseconds and your answer had to be in seconds, but maybe I'll get follow through marks? every other year they gave the conversion from seconds to milliseconds to you

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.