Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: What Pokemon Go team did you choose?
    Team Valor (Red)
    33.18%
    Team Mystic (Blue)
    46.68%
    Team Instinct (Yellow)
    20.14%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColossalAtom)
    Pokemon Go is bugged for me. The Poke stop near me no longer exist. The Poke radar doesn't show any Pokemon at all.
    Close the app and/or restart your phone. That happens quite regularly to me and it means it's time to reboot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    nope but went to germany and they had a shet tonne of jigglypuffs :yep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    it was so good
    bulbasaur ran away though
    even after I gave it a frikin berry thing!!!!!!!
    I caught Jigglypuff from my desk in work, and Wiggleytuff from my bed 😂.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkMagic)
    Im hoping to complete pokedex by next week! Woohoo!

Caught 122 so far

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkMagic)
    lucky u

ReputationRep:
    Level 19 is so frustrating. Keep seeing Pokemon that are way too strong to catch with just Great Balls. Need those Ultras!

ReputationRep:
    Aaaaaaaaaand I've run out of data for the month :/. 3 days till it renews, it's gonna be a long 3 days...

ReputationRep:
    When and how do you get Great and Ultra Balls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helpmekid)
    You get great at level 12 and ultra at 20, just at pokestops

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Last night, I was hunting pokemons. I found the rare "Lost Dog" Pokemon, and it's now been reunited with its owner

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    Last night, I was hunting pokemons. I found the rare "Lost Dog" Pokemon, and it's now been reunited with its owner
    Ahem, it's pokemon, or do you also go looking for sheeps?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Ahem, it's pokemon, or do you also go looking for sheeps?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :confused: I didn't know there was a sheeps pokemon.

ReputationRep:
    Found a gym in the middle of nowhere and have wiped out the team holding and popped one of my littluns in.

The gyms near home seem to have a ridiculously quick turnaround time. Hoping that the isolation of this place means I can hold it for a decent amount of time and get some payoff.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandst...mon-go-cartoon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Found a gym in the middle of nowhere and have wiped out the team holding and popped one of my littluns in.

The gyms near home seem to have a ridiculously quick turnaround time. Hoping that the isolation of this place means I can hold it for a decent amount of time and get some payoff.
    You can claim as soon as you've won the gym!

You can only claim once every 21 hours, so if you hold multiple gyms then it can be worth waiting, but if it's the only one then there's not too much point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    You can claim as soon as you've won the gym!

You can only claim once every 21 hours, so if you hold multiple gyms then it can be worth waiting, but if it's the only one then there's not too much point.
    Wish I'd realised this earlier. I've placed pokemon in friendly gyms before but didn't claim.

I have high hopes that this place is so remote (and inhabited by very old people) that there's a chance my 650cp pigeon will last the night or even the weekend.

ReputationRep:
    Don't really get the gyms... sometime's at my team's gym i have the option to station one of my own there, but often the only option avail is to fight. Why is it that i can't place one of my own at a gym? i want to show off my glorious magikarp!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arima)
    Don't really get the gyms... sometime's at my team's gym i have the option to station one of my own there, but often the only option avail is to fight. Why is it that i can't place one of my own at a gym? i want to show off my glorious magikarp!
    The gyms have a certain number of spaces available depending on the gym prestige. So if it's full you can fight the Pokemon there to show the team has stronger members and raise the prestige which opens up more spaces.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helpmekid)
    level up and then you can get them

ReputationRep:
    Just turned level 18 today (using my dad's phone, as my ridiculously low data contract faded 5 days ago) still making good progress though.

ReputationRep:
    I swear there's a hot spot for squirtles around Town in my area. Got on the bus to go into town and found a couple of squirtles in the same place.

The first one got away from me (Level 112) but caught the second one which was level 130 something. =D

I know where to go now to find me some squirtles.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.