The I-SOC (Islamic Society) XIII

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    Wa'alaykumasalaam bro.

You can say that again, Gramps Ash.

(Original post by s_ahmed2)
    Salaam everyone, hope you're all having a good friday. I got my results today alhamdulillah

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wa 'alaykum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

How'd you do?!

ReputationRep:
    Salaam everyone, hope you're all having a good friday. I got my results today alhamdulillah

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wasalam. How did it go?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash92:))

Wa 'alaykum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

How'd you do?!
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    Wasalam. How did it go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Alhamdulillah, very good, much better than I expected

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Masha Allah that's awesome. You deserve it :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ma Sha Allah great to hear that akhi. May Allah grant you success in whatever you do with those results

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inve)
    Ma Sha Allah great to hear that akhi. May Allah grant you success in whatever you do with those results
    Ameen

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosopher77)
    When are you people going to stop with your paedophillic evil religion from two thousand years ago? The world's moved on. Clearly the concept of "advancement" seems alien to you people.
    Yet you felt so butthurt you came here to post about? Strong life.

ReputationRep:
    Abu Dawood (1048) and al-Nasaa’i (1389) narrated from Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Friday is twelve hours in which there is no Muslim who asks Allaah for something but He will give it to him, so seek the last hour after ‘Asr.” [Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani].*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayn is Bae)
    Yet you felt so butthurt you came here to post about? Strong life.
    ignore him and the troll will go away

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I thought they were already married.

I'm not sure bro.
    Lol. Dont worry. Ive told him to talk to her, I mean its between them two, thats the best he can do.

Thanks for your input my brother.

ReputationRep:
    Then Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) returned with the Inspiration and with his heart beating severely. Then he went to Khadija bint Khuwailid and said, "Cover me! Cover me!" She covered him till his fear was over and after that he told her everything that had happened and said, "I fear that something may happen to me." Khadija replied, "Never! By Allah, Allah will never disgrace you:

1. You keep good relations with your kith and kin,
    2. Help the poor and the destitute,
    3. Serve your guests generously
    4. And assist the deserving calamity-afflicted ones."

Sahih al-Bukhari 3

ReputationRep:
    Listening to this and reflecting on Muhammed s.a.w, riding into Medina , with the pious of his companions meeting him and greeting him. It fills ones heart with the love of Muhammed s.a.w and his way.

ReputationRep:
    How futile is it to worship other than Allah azwj, the only necessary existence, whom all things rely on to exist.

ReputationRep:
    AoA brothers and sisters

Hope you are all well iA.

I wanted to ask a very quick question re: a place I go to for lunch sometimes, but which I have stopped going to recently as I suddenly realised that bacon is served at this place, and the fact that the staff handle the bacon with their hands.

It occurred to me that when one of the staff make a sandwich, they are not using gloves to make my sandwich after they have made one with bacon, so will this effectively contaminate my sandwich, or is it alright to keep eating there? I'm guessing the answer is most likely no, and hence why I have stopped going, but thought I'd ask in case it's permissible.

JazakAllah Khair to your replies in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frank_drebin)
    AoA brothers and sisters

I wanted to ask a very quick question re: a place I go to for lunch sometimes, but which I have stopped going to recently as I suddenly realised that bacon is served at this place, and the fact that the staff handle the bacon with their hands.

It occurred to me that when one of the staff make a sandwich, they are not using gloves to make my sandwich after they have made one with bacon, so will this effectively contaminate my sandwich, or is it alright to keep eating there? I'm guessing the answer is most likely no, and hence why I have stopped going, but thought I'd ask in case it's permissible.

Salaam.
    It is best to leave what you doubt.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :yy:
    (Original post by Inve)
    Ameen

ReputationRep:
    AoA brothers and sisters

Wasalam

That doesn't sound good, personally I would avoid eating there.
    Tbh that would put me off straight away.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    AoA brothers and sisters

Wasalam

Well it seems very doubtful and as Hasan(ra) said: I learnt from the messenger of Allah(saw): Leave what gives you doubt to what does not give you doubt...

Therefore I would advise you not to eat from there anymore, I'm sure you have plenty of alternatives.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/0...052348064.htmlInna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un.
    I'm actually quite surprised AlJazeera reported this, usually they always blame the government.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BasharAssad)
    I'm actually quite surprised AlJazeera reported this, usually they always blame the government.
    It's because the Russians/Syrian regime bomb civilians everyday and so there are more news stories about them.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.