The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by spotify95
Oh yeah, I get you now :smile:

I'd definitely recommend HP's - my friend has a HP G6-2380SA (intel i5-3230M, 8GB, 1TB, Windows 8.1) and that is a good laptop. Been used for over 3 years now and pretty reliable.
My parents laptop is a HP G6-2241SA, with AMD E2-1800 CPU, 6GB RAM, 750GB HDD, Windows 10 (originally Windows 8). Runs well and is reliable - though not very fast due to the limitations of the 1.7GHz AMD processor.
My new laptop is a HP 15-ac153sa - intel i7-4510U, 8GB RAM, 2TB HDD, Windows 7 and Windows 10 (originally Windows 10 only) - and is very fast - a big improvement on the Acer Aspire 5742.

So far our experience with HP laptops has been very positive - haven't tried any other manufacturers (apart from Acer, who I wouldn't recommend; Packard Bell and Fujitsu Siemens for older XP based laptops - don't know if they still exist or not).

They all look great in terms of the design although most of them is fragile and once you drop it, it's the end.

101022:smile:
Original post by spotify95
Hopefully I'll be here to sort out all the future transitions
Yes I too am hoping that you're not going to snuff it in the night. Thank you for that rather melancholy image.
Original post by goldmedalwisher
Palindrome!
Incorrect.

Spoiler

Original post by 04MR17
101022:smile:Yes I too am hoping that you're not going to snuff it in the night. Thank you for that rather melancholy image.Incorrect.

Spoiler

I can't guarantee anything if the thread ends at about 3am or something crazy like that!

My advice is: if it looks like a thread is going to end when I'm not available (i.e. late at night), switch to one of the other counting threads and we'll do the transition the following morning, when I'll be about :yep:

Original post by Impressive
They all look great in terms of the design although most of them is fragile and once you drop it, it's the end.

Thankfully, I haven't dropped any of my computers - and although build quality of the Acer does seem a bit stronger than the HPs, the HPs are still perfectly adequate.

Latest