CTAM: Count to a million (Part 11)

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spotify95)
    Yep, the Acer's battery lasted 3-4 years before it had to be replaced - I believe that it was replaced sometime last year. Now, I think it may do another year, maybe a little bit more, then the battery life will be getting a bit low again...

In regards to the HP, I didn't have that many tabs open, less than 10 tabs at all times, however the main issue was having to constantly reload and refresh tabs as I was loading the site, and you know what the site is like in regards to CPU usage. Thankfully, the HP wasn't throttled by temperature, however it did use up a lot of power from the battery and hence may have damaged the cells...

Let's hope that someone creates a batter battery for this machine, that will likely give a battery life of in excess of 10 hours.

Yep, I know - I always try and look after my laptop batteries, in order to get the most amount of battery longevity as possible.

Do you believe that there was a correlation between the overheating issue and the battery life diminishing rapidly, of the original battery and the current battery? If I recall correctly, you state that a battery warning appears when your battery capacity runs at critical levels?

Oh yes, I understand - the CPU often spikes upon a refresh, from experience; so I can only imagine how bad it is on the 'Acel'.

Indeed, that would solve many problems surrounding battery usage on laptops.

Yes, that is very true indeed, my lovely.

:moon:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.