?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by badger stripes)
personally, im happy with my ukcat scores:

verbal 700
quant 540
abstract 580
decision 610

avrage of 608 .. i know its not amazing, but its average, will this b ok, will i still be able to apply to leeds, manchester, hullyork and liverpool ?

ok if im honest im disappointed lol, i wanted like 650+
well with liverpool its fine...seeing as they don't consider the UKCAT :P
badger stripes
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by motiv3)
well with liverpool its fine...seeing as they don't consider the UKCAT :P
yeah i know, wat about the others tho???
8EnglishRoses
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by N.O.R.E.)
I read from your signature your going to sheffield?

Congratulations!

What was your offer then? AAB to include bio/chem at A? How was the interview, and when did you get your offer?

Well done, if I can reach your position this time next year, I'll be over the moon.

And fizzy, thanks for ur comments I hope your UKCAT goes well and good luck for everything.

Thank you My offer was AAB in any order - I got a B in Chemistry and As in Bio and Psychology and an a in AS english literature, if it makes any difference. The thing about Sheffield is that they say they want AS Maths/Physics but they will still consider you without it! I had my interview on Jan 25th and got my offer on Feb 7th. The interview - gawd, I couldn't answer many of the questions they asked me but I made a few jokes which seemed to go down well!

Work really hard this year, be well prepared but not rehearsed for your interviews and you'll be fine. As I said before, if I can do it, anyone can! Best of luck!
crazylemon
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I had mine book for 30th but after doing the online QR and sucking awfully (my mental maths is crap after summer) Ive delayed it to 20th of September. I need more time to get my brain in gear
Isometrix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by crazylemon)
I had mine book for 30th but after doing the online QR and sucking awfully (my mental maths is crap after summer) Ive delayed it to 20th of September. I need more time to get my brain in gear
i know...even i booked for 30th...but after attempting the full length test the VR simply owned me. but i really need to get it over with so i can decide on my university applications and PS. gonna wait till tomorow to see if i need to delay or not.
crazylemon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Isometrix)
i know...even i booked for 30th...but after attempting the full length test the VR simply owned me. but i really need to get it over with so i can decide on my university applications and PS. gonna wait till tomorow to see if i need to delay or not.
I did it cause im getting 2/3rds on VR and AR about 1/2 on DA and well the less said about QR the better
Raquel//
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I did it cause im getting 2/3rds on VR and AR about 1/2 on DA and well the less said about QR the better
I don't think it really matters what you get in the practice. I think it's more important to go in with confidence and then perform without panicing and tensing up. I personally wouldn't delay it. I was doing worse than you in the practice but thought stuff it, it'll go alright on the day. It's a weight of your shoulders to get it over and done with.

However, if it makes you feel more comfortable doing it later then that's fair enough but I don't think preparing for longer is particularly gonna help.

Good luck for when you do it anyway
motiv3
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Raquel//)
I don't think it really matters what you get in the practice. I think it's more important to go in with confidence and then perform without panicing and tensing up. I personally wouldn't delay it. I was doing worse than you in the practice but thought stuff it, it'll go alright on the day. It's a weight of your shoulders to get it over and done with.

However, if it makes you feel more comfortable doing it later then that's fair enough but I don't think preparing for longer is particularly gonna help.

but how can you be confident when you do the 'real thing' on the UKCAT website and fail horribly...kinda knocks the confidence right out of ya, it mocks you and says 'HA YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE READY!? THINK AGAIN'! and makes you cry in your bed over the most annoying thing known to man, verbal reasoning!
Raquel//
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by motiv3)
but how can you be confident when you do the 'real thing' on the UKCAT website and fail horribly...kinda knocks the confidence right out of ya, it mocks you and says 'HA YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE READY!? THINK AGAIN'! and makes you cry in your bed over the most annoying thing known to man, verbal reasoning!
Hmmm, I don't know, I suppose I'm just a confident person :p: Even my non-cog analysis agrees :yep: And I knew if it didn't go well, I could just apply to birmingham and the like, so it wouldn't be the end of the world.
crazylemon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Raquel//)

Ive allready delayed it I want to only by a week but I hand no choice as it was al that was left in my area. Wish I could be more confident but im naturally cautious (Really put off booking driving test as well)
Shuijing
Report 10 years ago
Well I did mine today at 11:00am. I am disappointed. This may be an understatement because I am quite below average.

Verbal Reasoning 610
Quantitative Reasoning 460
Abstract Reasoning 480
Decision Analysis 590
Total 2140
Average 535

Not good is it? :no: Some perspective, please?

I'm really surprised that I'm not panicking my arse of atm. But I think it's because I really believe I did the best i could and I don't think a month later I would have been any better. At least now I can concentrate on other things to help my application and I won't be stressed out when I get back to school.

On the other hand, it could just be the headache tablets! :p:

OH WAIT I just remembered that the universities I really want to go to need BMAT. That made me feel better momentarily. But then I realised it was supposed to be harder? :o: Haha...
jjkkll
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Shuijing)
Well I did mine today at 11:00am. I am disappointed. This may be an understatement because I am quite below average.

Verbal Reasoning 610
Abstract Reasoning 480
Decision Analysis 590
Total 2140
Average 535

I'm really surprised that I'm not panicking my arse of atm. But I think it's because I really believe I did the best i could and I don't think a month later I would have been any better. At least now I can concentrate on other things to help my application and I won't be stressed out when I get back to school.

OH WAIT I just remembered that the universities I really want to go to need BMAT. That made me feel better momentarily. But then I realised it was supposed to be harder? :o: Haha...

Well done, your score is fine and it will feel better in a day or so.

but its all good

Congrats!!
crazylemon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Verbal Reasoning 610
Abstract Reasoning 480
Decision Analysis 590
Total 2140
Average 535

UKCAT isnt everything. And as for the BMAT at least you can revise for it properley (rather than doing 5million questions)
Shuijing
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jjkkll)
Well done, your score is fine and it will feel better in a day or so.

but its all good

Congrats!!
Thanks! Maybe I thought it was worse than what it is. It's just that I went on this thread and people were disappointed with scores of 600+... :p:

UKCAT isnt everything. And as for the BMAT at least you can revise for it properley (rather than doing 5million questions)
Umhrm! ^___^ Thanks crazylemon :o: Yeah I was pretty much doomed with UKCAT. Even when I practiced I never got better ha.

Thanks a lot you guys!! ^____^ You've really made me feel a lot more positive :yep: I guess you win some... and all that Jazz :rolleyes: Could have been a lot worse, right?
jjkkll
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thanks! Maybe I thought it was worse than what it is. It's just that I went on this thread and people were disappointed with scores of 600+... :p:

Umhrm! ^___^ Thanks crazylemon :o: Yeah I was pretty much doomed with UKCAT. Even when I practiced I never got better ha.

Thanks a lot you guys!! ^____^ You've really made me feel a lot more positive :yep: I guess you win some... and all that Jazz :rolleyes: Could have been a lot worse, right?

yea you could of had my score

crazylemon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

feel sorry for the person who gets 300 SOMEONE is bound to get that. Now that would really suck
jjkkll
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
feel sorry for the person who gets 300 SOMEONE is bound to get that. Now that would really suck

to get anything less than on Average 500 you would actually have to be on a different planet!! whilst taking the test!!
Holsy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hey everyone. I've compiled all the results that have been posted so far (deliberately not including usernames) just so the obsessives can have a look at the figures.

More to the point - everyone's done so fantastically and looking at the spreadsheet you can all be so proud of yourselves. I hope to be as lucky as you all on Friday.

I'll keep the spreadsheet updated as time goes on.

The spreadsheet is attached to this post, but I'll also link to it on the front page. The scores highlighted in yellow are the top 10% of scores in that particular section.
Attached files
scaryhair
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
to get anything less that 500 you would actually have to be on a different planet!! whilst taking the test!!
That's a bit harsh, especially seeing as someone's just posted with results under 500, and there may be others less confident about posting who have lower marks. We all do the best we can, and that should be enough.
Shuijing
Report 10 years ago

That's not "a lot worse"! Thats 2 points less than me! I was thinking along the lines of 400-and-something like i got in QR and AR. :rolleyes:

Edit: Sorry. Didnt mean to sound insensitive either. But I got a lot less than 500 on half the exam so I'm not belittling anyone and if it wasn't for the really short VR extracts I got dealed I would have got in the 400's on average anyway. Sorry if it sounded that way!

Edit II: Wait... scaryhair was talking about ME wasn't she? v_v This is depressing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (316)
37.44%
No - but I will (66)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.35%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (400)
47.39%

Watched Threads