Official LSE Applicants+Decisions 2009 Watch

This discussion is closed.
izoar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think the LSE admissions tutors were really tired on Friday nights and Saturdays after putting their decisions on Friday afternoons on UCAS after a hard-working week trying to figure out who sould be rejected and offered a place. I believe they put decisions on the system on Mondays now...
ggap
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Dragonkiller)
Why does everyone think offers/rejections come at 5pm? They can come at anytime.
someone hasn't been paying attention. We know that, however, for LSE there are certain general patterns. and 5pm or 12noon offers/rejections are one of those patterns
amar09
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by ggap)
someone hasn't been paying attention. We know that, however, for LSE there are certain general patterns. and 5pm or 12noon offers/rejections are one of those patterns
Umm...not really...thats just the time UCAS send e-mail out.
Dragonkiller
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ggap)
Lol ye, you haven't...
ggap
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by amar09)
Umm...not really...thats just the time UCAS send e-mail out.
i know that. but if u look at last years post i think they got decisions around 12, and just after 5
amar09
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by ggap)
i know that. but if u look at last years post i think they got decisions around 12, and just after 5
The decisions aren't made then, its coincidence. People check their e-mail more than they check track. So when they check their e-mails at those times, they see the UCAS email, check track, and then post it on tsr.
ggap
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
haha. r u kidding me. lasts years bunch were bigger track addicts than us.
Economist1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by amar09)
The decisions aren't made then, its coincidence. People check their e-mail more than they check track. So when they check their e-mails at those times, they see the UCAS email, check track, and then post it on tsr.
True, but I'd imagine that when it got to Fridays, LSE applicants would be checking Track more frequently than they would be checking their emails. The fact that most people seem to report in TSR that they have got their offers at around 5, is perhaps because they have just come back from school / college.
ggap
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
lol. its funny how the posts hav moved onto trivial matters, probably to hide the huge anticlimax.
Dragonkiller
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ye it's probably because most people get home at about that time.

Offers can be made on Track anytime, it's just that the emails are sent at 12 and 5.
izoar
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey guys, I got my LSE rejection last year on 1st April at 7 30 am
bvcj
Report 10 years ago
haha that last post certainly put an end to the conversation!

looks like we are in for a long wait then!

yodude888
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
LOL that took the wind out of our sails ... :hmpf:
ggap
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
APRIL!!!!!:eek:
ok guys, time to dig in and set up camp, this is gonna be a war of attrition. Don't expect it to be over by christmas.
Stretton
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by izoar)
Hey guys, I got my LSE rejection last year on 1st April at 7 30 am

Any significance 1st April?
Economist1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
When was the final UCAS deadline for university replies last year?
Locke54
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The person who got a rejection in April probably applied after the 15th of January deadline or very close to it I'm guessing, it sounds far too late for someone who has applied early or in Oct/Nov time.

Oh well onto next Monday!
steve2006
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ajp100688)
The person who got a rejection in April probably applied after the 15th of January deadline or very close to it I'm guessing, it sounds far too late for someone who has applied early or in Oct/Nov time.

Oh well onto next Monday!
not true at all.

My mate last year applied for history in November to LSE. He got rejected on april 1st. The final deadline is march 31st and LSE sent the rejection late on the 31st and it updated on track on 1st April.
ExRx123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
LSE are ***** really aren't they :p:
JoeJBB
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
As we've had loads of nerves and excitement built up to an anticlimax, both today and last friday, maybe we should stop trying to predict/get excited about stuff? I might unsubscribe from this thread for a bit.

Actually, I won't.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (3)
50%
No - I got the required grades (2)
33.33%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (1)
16.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed