Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giran)
    This guy is a legend! :ditto:
    Hey man you startin at Brum this year?

ReputationRep:
    When do we find out our timetables. Is it at our department induction or whatever?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toxic Tears)
    Lol how's elgar - is it nice and is there literally no one else there? Don't worry the day after tommorow i'm coming to keep you company
    Everyone is moving in on sunday I did find somebody else so its all good now

ReputationRep:
    theres only 2 of us in my flat at the mo - im in maple bank so it was our moving in day yesterday.
    im thinking they are probably foreign students. im looooonely (but quite lucky to get on so well with my flatmate!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melting_snow)
    theres only 2 of us in my flat at the mo - im in maple bank so it was our moving in day yesterday.
    im thinking they are probably foreign students. im looooonely (but quite lucky to get on so well with my flatmate!)
    Oooh, did you go to the Maple bank party thingy last night?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tasha-x)
    Oooh, did you go to the Maple bank party thingy last night?!

i did! were you there??

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to the MOMD fair on Wed/Thurs. Can't remember. My maths department says I should go. What exactly is it though?

ReputationRep:
    When you do your degree there are times when you do different modules that aren't within or necessarily related to your main degree. This is what a MOMD is - Module outside main discipline.

For example you can do something like Introduction to Psychology and Development. In your first year you would certificate level, unless you have previous qualifications meaning you can take higher levels. Here is the link: http://www.as.bham.ac.uk/cdu/students/momd.shtml

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by funkiichiicka)
    When do we find out our timetables. Is it at our department induction or whatever?
    I would assume so yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pink_cait)
    When you do your degree there are times when you do different modules that aren't within or necessarily related to your main degree. This is what a MOMD is - Module outside main discipline.

For example you can do something like Introduction to Psychology and Development. In your first year you would certificate level, unless you have previous qualifications meaning you can take higher levels. Here is the link: http://www.as.bham.ac.uk/cdu/students/momd.shtml
    Thanks!

So is anyone else going to the MOMD fair?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melting_snow)
    i did! were you there??
    I was indeed!!

Argh! I am sooo tired this morning! I am not going to live through freshers!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

So is anyone else going to the MOMD fair?
    I think I will be, but I am not sure if I will be taking an MOMD ..

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else having an AMAZING time so far?!

ReputationRep:
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pink_cait)
    I think I will be, but I am not sure if I will be taking an MOMD ..
    Do you HAVE to take one... if your department has told you to go to the fair.. Obviously its recommended?

ReputationRep:
    Do you HAVE to take one... if your department has told you to go to the fair.. Obviously its recommended?
    I think that most courses exoect you to do 20 credits from momd unless you are doing joint honours when your time will already be taken up. If you are told to go to the fair then you will need to sign up for an momd else you won't complete enough credits for the year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blacktabs)
    I think that most courses exoect you to do 20 credits from momd unless you are doing joint honours when your time will already be taken up. If you are told to go to the fair then you will need to sign up for an momd else you won't complete enough credits for the year.
    Ok. Thanks for explaining.

ReputationRep:
    can someone please help me, its a bit urgent.

I bought the silver freshers fest package and only just realised that i wasnt given any freshers fest club night tickets. i.e. i have calvin harris and freshers ball but nothing else.

:eek3:

when i go and ask a freshers rep surely they are going to think i have simply had the tickets and given them to someone else and am now demanding extra tickets?! I

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hrov)
    can someone please help me, its a bit urgent.

I bought the silver freshers fest package and only just realised that i wasnt given any freshers fest club night tickets. i.e. i have calvin harris and freshers ball but nothing else.

:eek3:

when i go and ask a freshers rep surely they are going to think i have simply had the tickets and given them to someone else and am now demanding extra tickets?! I

if you dont have them ask your mentor person. they have a list of names of people who have bought the tickets and if you're name doesn't have your signature against it they will know they havent given you your ticket.

ReputationRep:
    Ok. Thanks for explaining.
    Hey, I failed my MOMD last year (couldn't be bothered going to the lectures) and I have still progressed to the second year. It's only for people that really are hopeless and are likely to fail second/third year modules (even after resits). But yeah, just take it anyway, better to be safe than sorry.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 7, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.