Turn on thread page Beta

Medicine Rejections 2009 entry watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Oh thats some very gd results, nice one! i got 622.5 and 2A* 2A rest B's you're the reason why people like me will never get into med lol! No news is gd news for the first 2 months but after that i reckon its bad news! However Leeds have handed out very few interviews from what i know so see what happens...

Thanks and im sure you will get in somewhere and make a great Doc :yep: unlike us wannabe's!

(Original post by Medicine Man)
    UKCAT was 655 (average)
    10A*s 2As at GCSE

Just wish the GKT waiting list has a greater success rate than last year!

I'm sure Leeds would love your PS, and remember (as repeated umpteen times on this thread), no news is good news!!

Good luck, i'm sure you'll make a great doctor!:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zidza)
    i no what u mean. im staring down the barrel of 3 years if i dont get in this time.
    Yup its horrible, wasted my gap year and waste my 2nd gap yr, if i RE-reapply! So unless i get in this yr, 2 yrs down in one more year i could have done a Bsc or a BEng! They need to open more med schoooools!

ReputationRep:
    Rejected from Manch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moaningmona)
    Rejected from Manch.
    that's really unfortunate. it's a very hard uni to get into this year. was this post or pre interview? also may i know your ukcat score?

ReputationRep:
    its so frustrating having to wait to see if u got an interview! you plan your whole future thinking u are gonna go to med school so i would be totally lost doing a gap year!

btw only got one rejection so far! but im sure the others will soon follow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moaningmona)
    Rejected from Manch.
    Sorry to hear about that :/ Hang in there with the rest of us!

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling really antsy now - I'm waiting to hear from Leeds and Keele Keele seem to have given out quite a few interviews, not so much from Leeds......

I wouldn't mind a gap year toooooo much, just because I could then reapply with my grades in hand, but I would really give anything to get into med school this year :love:

ReputationRep:
    i know how u feel toffee_kid
    i really want to get in this year but my chances look slim :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vj69)
    Yup its horrible, wasted my gap year and waste my 2nd gap yr, if i RE-reapply! So unless i get in this yr, 2 yrs down in one more year i could have done a Bsc or a BEng! They need to open more med schoooools!
    if hopefully i make it this year i will be starting my first year when all my firends will be on there last year and i could have been with em really doing optom, but if i make it this year it was all worth it. if not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toffee_Kid)
    I'm feeling really antsy now - I'm waiting to hear from Leeds and Keele Keele seem to have given out quite a few interviews, not so much from Leeds......

I wouldn't mind a gap year toooooo much, just because I could then reapply with my grades in hand, but I would really give anything to get into med school this year :love:
    Hm... I emailed them quite few weeks ago why I haven't received an acknowledgment letter from Keele and they said at the moment my app. is still under consideration. But it's a bit worrying to me why some people who applied to Keele already have offers/rejects....

ReputationRep:
    Rejected from Cambridge (Caius) this morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kelly^2)
    Rejected from Cambridge (Caius) this morning.
    oh no!
    Don't loose hope - you'll still make a good doctor!:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    oh no!
    Don't loose hope - you'll still make a good doctor!:yep:
    :o:

ReputationRep:
    rejected from Cambridge
    devastated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymity007)
    rejected from Cambridge
    devastated
    no way!!
    with those GCSE grades, UMS and BMAT?
    what are they lookin for then?

Don't loose hope though
    still got 3 more unis!:yep:

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymity007)
    rejected from Cambridge
    devastated
    HOLY :santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2:....no :santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2: way.

so sorry man

ReputationRep:
    Really sorry anonymity007, I know what you're going through. I have to say your grades are significantly better than mine.

Isometrix, have you heard yet?

ReputationRep:
    Just wasn't good enough at the end of the day...UCL is now my first choice...but after that rejection, I feel I will be receiving 3 more. I used to think I was invincible because of my academic side, how naive and stupid I was.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone on TSR got an offer from Cambridge (for med)? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    Has anyone on TSR got an offer from Cambridge (for med)? :p:
    no...but NMM are pwning cambridge.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 5, 2010

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.