Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anishalad)
    me too and i went cally im hoping so, cant wait to get there
    oh cool, and yeah really excited for it guess i'll see you around freshers, line up's looking really good. do you think you'll get a wristband?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by igcsecrazy)
    Opal court anyone??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah, Block C !! 3rd floor

ReputationRep:
    Anyone at Nixon Court, Block C, Floor 1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sylva_3195)
    oh cool, and yeah really excited for it guess i'll see you around freshers, line up's looking really good. do you think you'll get a wristband?
    hope so it looks really good, im thinking i getting one just havent gotta round to it yet :/ you?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone brought the annual bus pass yet?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what size bed there is in a Premium plus ensuite room. (John Foster Hall) I'm trying to buy bedding and it isn't very clear on the website.
    Thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megatron94)
    Has anyone brought the annual bus pass yet?
    It's extremely expensive and for lazy people. You're better off bicycling or walking if you're in Oadby.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammydemon)
    It's extremely expensive and for lazy people. You're better off bicycling or walking if you're in Oadby.
    Lul "for lazy people" ? I understand that its quite expensive but u dont have to use the term lazy to justify your cheapness - Goodluck rollerblading to class in the icy hail or whatever it is u plan on doing phahaha

ReputationRep:
    How long does it take to walk from Oadby though? And considering that the weather is gradually getting worse, it would be ideal to use the bus as a sensible mode of transport.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone in Digby house? I'm in Floor 1 Flat 1

I've seen lots of people in the coloured blocks but noone in digby house.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolStoryBroo)
    Lul "for lazy people" ? I understand that its quite expensive but u dont have to use the term lazy to justify your cheapness - Goodluck rollerblading to class in the icy hail or whatever it is u plan on doing phahaha

(Original post by Luke070)
    How long does it take to walk from Oadby though? And considering that the weather is gradually getting worse, it would be ideal to use the bus as a sensible mode of transport.
    For the entire year there I bicycled and when it snowed too much or was icy, I walked. If you get a shift on you can walk it in around 40 mins, maybe a little less. Bear in mind there are only a few days when the conditions are too poor to cycle. Cycling should take you 15 mins.

I walked more frequently than I needed to though since I had friends who preferred not to cycle. The walk/cycle makes good exercise and gets you woken up for the day in the morning and then relaxes on the way home. Beats sitting on your arse in a sweaty bus (EDIT: with no money because you spent it all on the ticket).

ReputationRep:
    Mary Gee anyone??

ReputationRep:
    For the entire year there I bicycled and when it snowed too much or was icy, I walked. If you get a shift on you can walk it in around 40 mins, maybe a little less. Bear in mind there are only a few days when the conditions are too poor to cycle. Cycling should take you 15 mins.

I walked more frequently than I needed to though since I had friends who preferred not to cycle. The walk/cycle makes good exercise and gets you woken up for the day in the morning and then relaxes on the way home. Beats sitting on your arse in a sweaty bus (EDIT: with no money because you spent it all on the ticket).
    Okay, well it does sound like quite a long walk and yeah, I agree, it does save you a few hundred quid. I personally wouldn't like cycling there so I would probably go with walking there and back if I decided not to buy the bus pass. We can also apparently purchase the bus pass at the Student Union, so there's no rush in making a decision - might just walk for the first week and see how that goes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke070)
    Okay, well it does sound like quite a long walk and yeah, I agree, it does save you a few hundred quid. I personally wouldn't like cycling there so I would probably go with walking there and back if I decided not to buy the bus pass. We can also apparently purchase the bus pass at the Student Union, so there's no rush in making a decision - might just walk for the first week and see how that goes.
    Why wouldn't you cycle? The entire route has a cycle lane so you won't be bothered by traffic if that's what you're afraid of...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebattleswefight)
    Does anyone know what size bed there is in a Premium plus ensuite room. (John Foster Hall) I'm trying to buy bedding and it isn't very clear on the website.
    Thanks guys
    Single bed, unfortunately, although if you're catered you get bedding? Maybe?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what's in the kitchen utility room you get if you're catered at gms?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone in Lasdun Block I?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndyMCG)
    Anyone in Lasdun Block I?
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1410833892463272/ Join the Lasdun Facebook if you haven't already, most people are on there

ReputationRep:
    Hey. I'm a student now and the best advice I can offer is to NOT live at The Summit. The place is truly horrible, unless you're a fan of management walking in on you without knocking in the middle of the night. It's a ****show here

ReputationRep:
    Why wouldn't you cycle? The entire route has a cycle lane so you won't be bothered by traffic if that's what you're afraid of...
    Is it possible to longboard there ? Are the roads smooth or bumpy and full of cracks ?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.