Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello
    Would you say its worth waiting for a year to go to engineering at Cambridge? I got a deferred entry as the engineering course was oversubscribed and I don't know if its worth the gap year and the fees!
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ajka)
    Would you say its worth waiting for a year to go to engineering at Cambridge?
    I wouldn't. Not now, nor at the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ajka)
    Hello
    Would you say its worth waiting for a year to go to engineering at Cambridge? I got a deferred entry as the engineering course was oversubscribed and I don't know if its worth the gap year and the fees!
    Thank you
    You mean you'd be on 9,000 instead of 3,000 by deferring for a year? In that case I would say no, it's not worth it. Otherwise yes, as long as there's something to keep you busy for a year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clarris)
    Yes Newnham! AMES.
    Heading to the pool open day on the 23rd Feb
    arghhhh me too! i thought i'd be the only one going to the open day!
    linguistics over here though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Emerlina*)
    Hi, I got an offer from Peterhouse for French and Spanish, as well after getting pooled from Corpus. Is there a Facebook group or anything for Peterhouse or MML people yet by the way? I'm useless at anything to do with computers :rolleyes:
    xxx
    Hey - I don't think your year's got any Facebook groups yet (although I may be wrong about Peterhouse). If you've got any questions, feel free to ask them here, in the Peterhouse thread, or in the MML thread - we're a friendly bunch!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Emerlina*)
    Hi, I got an offer from Peterhouse for French and Spanish, as well after getting pooled from Corpus. Is there a Facebook group or anything for Peterhouse or MML people yet by the way? I'm useless at anything to do with computers :rolleyes:
    xxx
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=222517528377

That's the Cambridge fresher's group
    If Peterhouse has a facebook group, they would have posted somewhere on there (you may have to scroll down a lot)

ReputationRep:
    Hey there! i got an offer a few weeks ago from Murray Edwards (via pool!) for medicine
    still sooo happy ,
    any other medics/Murray Edwards people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomU)
    I'm a mature student Doing an Access course at the moment and have an offer to study Law at Hughes Hall!
    fab fab fab, your Access thread (NB I'm only at the start of it!) looks brilliant. I'm so so pleased you've an offer - I've been a drifter too. ahhhh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chai wallah)
    fab fab fab, your Access thread (NB I'm only at the start of it!) looks brilliant. I'm so so pleased you've an offer - I've been a drifter too. ahhhh.
    Thanks What are you studying/applying for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ajka)
    Hello
    Thank you
    I don't think the fees will hit you next year but for the record, as someone who took a gap year, it's well worth it just don't sit on ur ass too long. Unless u got into Johns.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeeWeeDan)
    I don't think the fees will hit you next year but for the record, as someone who took a gap year, it's well worth it just don't sit on ur ass too long. Unless u got into Johns.
    Deferred sadly will still get hit with the increase, they closed that gap up just to make there was even more hatred for the ConDems.

But yeah like Dan said if you got an offer for John's just, ya know, give up. Apply to Anglia Ruskin through clearing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigbosomsevie)
    when should i expect a reading list? i want to start straight away.
    Anyone esle for peterhouse?
    Peterhouse for English

I want a reading list tooooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomU)
    Thanks What are you studying/applying for?
    MML French/German. When I tried to start an Access course the other year I wanted to be a biologist so it's a lovely turnaround to finally find the One Thing I really do want to do above all else - and to get it. Still processing it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chai wallah)
    MML French/German. When I tried to start an Access course the other year I wanted to be a biologist so it's a lovely turnaround to finally find the One Thing I really do want to do above all else - and to get it. Still processing it!
    Cool So what offers do you hold?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone with an offer for English started any kind of preparatory reading?
    I'm reading Ovid and Chaucer and its a bit of a trek, but a nice bit of change...

I'm so going to miss my offer AHH must do some gruesome A-level work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Londoner92)
    I'm reading Ovid and Chaucer and its a bit of a trek, but a nice bit of change...

I' m so going stupid - I thought your offer was AHH!!

I'm sure you'll be there in October (as for me ......)

ReputationRep:
    Argh just replied to my offers on UCAS !

ReputationRep:

Ulysses... after this I'm retiring to something easy, relatively modern, and unrequiring of a dictionary.

ReputationRep:

To be fair AHH sounds like a pretty low offer.

ReputationRep:
    Any St Catharine's offer holders?

http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?...778191910&ap=1

Group for all of you to join. Talk to real freshers from Catz about all your worries, questions etc.

Spread the word!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.