Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blazekid75)
    So Economics and econometrics isnt viewed lower than straight economics? Especially by employers?
    :confused:
    Less people take Econometrics because it's quite specific, so if students haven't researched into it themselves, they won't know what it is.

Also, Econometrics is harder than straight Econ.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    I know how you feel, it pisses me off how some schools give their predictions on results day/the first week back yet for us it takes them months.
    You can sort of guess, right? I mean my school generally predict one grade above. Then again, I just went up to each teacher and asked them what I was predicted.

Have you tried asking your teachers? (This question sounds rude, but I assure you it's typed with the nicest feelings.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedStark)
    You can sort of guess, right? I mean my school generally predict one grade above. Then again, I just went up to each teacher and asked them what I was predicted.

Have you tried asking your teachers? (This question sounds rude, but I assure you it's typed with the nicest feelings.)
    Asked all my teachers, their response is on the line of this "You'll know soon".

ReputationRep:
    Asked all my teachers, their response is on the line of this "You'll know soon".
    Same.
    I know one of my year mates who managed to get a copy of their 'Ucas report' which is basically a school report but just tells you some of subject references and predicted grades.

Extremely disorganised i think by my school as it almost prevents students from confirming / sorting out all their possible options for choices >.<

ReputationRep:
    This is me right now basically.
    I only know Maths cos our teacher told everyone, but still waiting for other subjects :confused:

ReputationRep:
    York and Loughborough University offer a Maths Centre.

Do you think it'd be like having a personal tutor where you can just go for free maths help? It sounds too good to be true.

ReputationRep:
    Guys by 'A*AA-AAA Typical Offer' What does this mean? I would have a chance off getting in with 3 A predictions? ._. (this is for notts btw)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex-Torres)
    Less people take Econometrics because it's quite specific, so if students haven't researched into it themselves, they won't know what it is.

Also, Econometrics is harder than straight Econ.
    Are you sure?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to the York open day today?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blazekid75)
    Guys by 'A*AA-AAA Typical Offer' What does this mean? I would have a chance off getting in with 3 A predictions? ._. (this is for notts btw)
    Nottingham's lower offer is for those with extenuating circumstances eg. Care or bad school

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham's lower offer is for those with extenuating circumstances eg. Care or bad school
    Oh ok then :O

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    But there is an A*ABB offer for people with 4 A2s I heard.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Really? I got AAA(B) in AS's but I've been predicted ABB. Was planning on applying to Nottingham but I guess that's out the window now, which is a shame because I genuinely think I can get A*AA.

ReputationRep:
    If a Uni's entry requirement A*AAB can I still get in with a prediction of AAAA?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deborah_J)
    If a Uni's entry requirement A*AAB can I still get in with a prediction of AAAA?????
    This is Warwick I'm guessing? If it is, from what I've read on the internet and on TSR, they want you to be predicted an A* otherwise a very small chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cantankerous cod)
    Really? I got AAA(B) in AS's but I've been predicted ABB. Was planning on applying to Nottingham but I guess that's out the window now, which is a shame because I genuinely think I can get A*AA.
    That's harsh I would go and ask your teachers to change them if they can. What were your UMS btw?

ReputationRep:
    That's harsh I would go and ask your teachers to change them if they can. What were your UMS btw?
    History - 81
    Economics - 88
    Maths - 81

I think that's what they were...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cantankerous cod)
    History - 81
    Economics - 88
    Maths - 81

I think that's what they were...
    Only reason i see it is, if your teacher are firm believers of people scraping A's at AS usually cant repeat the same during A2.

Still even if you scrape it, teachers usually just predict the same as your achieved grades anyways. Talk to the head and they will probably resolve it quickly.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else finding it really really really hard to write a Personal Statement?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smko)
    Anyone else finding it really really really hard to write a Personal Statement?
    I found writing my statement quite fun

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.