Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanj18)
    Guys how do we structure this? Is it four paragraphs and one organisation per paragraph? So how many should we write in total?
    most people structure it like this:
    INTRO
    POINT ONE FOR (one or two examples to illustrate)
    POINT ONE AGAINST
    POINT TWO FOR
    POINT TWO AGAINST
    TAKE AIM CONCLUSION

ReputationRep:
    Guys how do we structure this? Is it four paragraphs and one organisation per paragraph? So how many should we write in total?
    Four paragraphs....one example to support your point and one against

The way i do it is i have four for points and four against (if i can think of that many) like

Leader’s actively seek out risks and turn them into opportunities which they can exploit for profit and sustain growth because ideas are the foundation of the business, leaders should be capable of creating and managing these ideas and allocating proper resources to it. For example, under the leadership of Richard Branson virgin differentiated into many markets from their original market which was a record store and expanded into many different areas such as Banking, AIRLINES and cosmetics. This is an extremely risky strategy because it was a new product into a new market which they had no prior knowledge and understanding of, lead them to become one of the world’s most successful business with $21.3 billion revenue as of 2011. Therefore, this success can only be attributed to the characteristics of leaders’ being risk-averse and believing that the rewards outweigh the risks that ventures bring. However, will this last in the future or will entering too many markets cause them to lose out in the long term through having too much in their product portfolio. For example, Sony under the leadership of previous CEOs entered many different markets but lost sight in their primary markets causing them to lose their market leader status because all these markets such as entertainment, cameras and TVs caused communication to be restricted creating SILOS and losing out on overall competitiveness causing failing profits and sales.

Jun11 q4

ReputationRep:
    I think I was told about 4/5 examples in the section A culture (remembering to refer to case study twice!) then a couple examples in section B

ReputationRep:
    You would want to mention 3-4 factors and ideally each factor included two examples which is compared and contrasted.
    And 2-3 evaluation point and a judgement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catherine1995)
    First of all nothing is inevitable, that's what we've always been taught to mention in the evaluation.

Nokia were very much a victim of their own success and their culture became very risk adverse. Culture is often embedded deeply into a business so although they're trying to change (Stephen Elop reportedly plans to cut 30,000) jobs it will be hard. However, because he is cutting so many jobs it means he's getting rid of employees who may be resisting change and therefore he will be left with less resistance? .... This obviously has to be developed, just a couple of ideas.

If I think of anything else I'll post it
    Okay thank you! Would we need to present evidence as to how they have or haven't failed due to internal resistance to change?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do potential problems of corporate social responsibility outweigh the benefits in emerging markets like china?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Could someone upload some notes and figures on Kodak?

And also on any takeovers and mergers!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadster)
    most people structure it like this:
    INTRO
    POINT ONE FOR (one or two examples to illustrate)
    POINT ONE AGAINST
    POINT TWO FOR
    POINT TWO AGAINST
    TAKE AIM CONCLUSION
    What does AIM stand for again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadster)
    I was looking for firms that have taken advantage of the 0.5% rate of interest by taking out a big loan, but couldn't find much. Instead I've found this:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...n-8664207.html
    It suggests that firms operating within the motor industry are benefiting from the low interest rate in the UK. This is because it is cheaper for people to take out loans. There is therefore more of an incentive to spend rather than save etc etc
    Is this the kind of thing you were looking for? If so, I will try to find more examples
    thank you, yes it was many thanks!!!

ReputationRep:
    the nerves are kicking in !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenculver24)
    What does AIM stand for again?
    Address the question
    It depends on
    Most important
    Take AIM gotta love Tutor2U

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iggyDash)
    the nerves are kicking in !!
    i know i feel like i'm going to fail.... only thing i know properly is retrenchment, csr, emerging markets and culture...anything else and i got a U

ReputationRep:
    Please could someone give me the names of...

2 examples which have benefited from technological change and 2 businesses which have failed.

2 examples which have are for CSR and 2 businesses which are against.

The best 2 examples which have benefited from takeovers/mergers and 2 businesses which have failed because of takeovers/mergers.

I would be so so grateful!! Thanks so much in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BARCEMO)
    i know i feel like i'm going to fail.... only thing i know properly is retrenchment, csr, emerging markets and culture...anything else and i got a U
    which businesses have you used for and against retrenchment? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrFantastic)
    How should we structure essays?

Intro

Point 1 For
    Point 2 For

Point 1 Against
    Point 2 Against

Conclude

(Evaluation must not be in conclusion, should be embedded throughout the case study)

Is this right?
    yep or this way but going to be hard to think of 2 per point and make it relevant http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.ph...ect-paragraphs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J_W-x)
    Absolutely ANYTHING to do with the external environment from PESTLE/Competitors
    Ohh okay, so that's the most vague question they could ask then? What points would you answer for that question? I'm thinking:

As the value of the Pound if falling, this means UK products are cheaper and more competitive abroad which will increase trade for UK products and boost economy. It will also result in an increase in tourism which will further benefit the economy and people from the uk will start to go on domestic holidays instead etc.....

However, due to the reduction in demand for holidays, companies such as travel agents will suffer as a result....

What businesses could I relate to this question and what other points could I use?

ReputationRep:
    Could someone please give an example of a retrenchment strategy that WAS NOT successful?

ReputationRep:
    anybody any ideas of really decent examples for Corporate Strategies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrChuckNorris)
    Ohh okay, so that's the most vague question they could ask then? What points would you answer for that question? I'm thinking:

As the value of the Pound if falling, this means UK products are cheaper and more competitive abroad which will increase trade for UK products and boost economy. It will also result in an increase in tourism which will further benefit the economy and people from the uk will start to go on domestic holidays instead etc.....

However, due to the reduction in demand for holidays, companies such as travel agents will suffer as a result....

What businesses could I relate to this question and what other points could I use?
    bad for Thornson & Thomas cook but good for Center parcs and Butlins

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have the jan 2013 paper?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.