Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel Physics Unit 2 "Physics at work" June 2013 Watch

• View Poll Results: The last question - Does resistance increase or decrease?
    It increases ( using V=IR or some other method)
    70.73%
    It decreases using the 'lattice vibrations' theory
    29.27%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheKingOfTSR)
    I did unit 3..but the written paper.
    Hopefully I could bag a 60 UMS on it ..perhaps 58 at least.
    I assume you got a gradient of 5.21x10^-34 Js i got that as a gradient and i am so happy
    I think the grade boundaries are going to be low for this paper since many people messed up their graphs - the last question was worth 45% of the whole paper!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x0x)
    I assume you got a gradient of 5.21x10^-34 Js i got that as a gradient and i am so happy
    I think the grade boundaries are going to be low for this paper since many people messed up their graphs - the last question was worth 45% of the whole paper!
    Yes I got that but :banghead::banghead::banghead: forgot the units...were there marks for the units?
    I am going to have a look at the marks schemes.:rolleyes:
    I think the grade boundaries won't be that much different.

ReputationRep:
    I did unit 3..but the written paper.
    Hopefully I could bag a 60 UMS on it ..perhaps 58 at least.
    I was on Foundation for the Unit 3 paper, but I found the topics easier, i.e. radiation cos it was covered in Unit 2 pretty similarly are you taking it at alevel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CelineBean)
    I was on Foundation for the Unit 3 paper, but I found the topics easier, i.e. radiation cos it was covered in Unit 2 pretty similarly are you taking it at alevel?
    What do you mean foundation for the unit 3?
    Radiation in unit 2??
    Your talking edexcel, right?

I am taking physics for A2 if that's what you asked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x0x)
    To be honest, i don't think it was that harsh Unit 2 has always been a unit about learning definitiois so that you can write them out succinctly and accurately during the exam.However, i do agree that it is extremely annoying since they change the answers to the same question from year to year. In a previous past paper there was a question worth 1 mark about defining what a photon is but since it was just one mark, saying that it is a discrete packet of energy is sufficient.
    I don't think that the full UMS will be 70+ - perhaps in the range 64-68 ?
    Good luck, i hope you get 120 UMS let me know what you get
    This is gonna be so close...

In Jan I got 92 UMS and didn't re-sit, like a lot of people. Now, I need to get 91 UMS to get an A thanks to a good coursework grade.

I think I've got between 52-57, do you think that will be enough to get 91? It's going to be so so close for me

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean foundation for the unit 3?
    Radiation in unit 2??
    Your talking edexcel, right?

I am taking physics for A2 if that's what you asked.
    I most certainly am talking Edexcel, in triple science majority of us were made to do unit 3 foundation as everyone did bad in unit 2 :L
    yeah there's like one or two topics on it in the syllabus I believe, or I could be confusing myself with unit 1 :') least that's what was in our revision guides aha! Oooh I couldn't do a2 physics I just about got it at gcse!

ReputationRep:
    I most certainly am talking Edexcel, in triple science majority of us were made to do unit 3 foundation as everyone did bad in unit 2 :L
    yeah there's like one or two topics on it in the syllabus I believe, or I could be confusing myself with unit 1 :') least that's what was in our revision guides aha! Oooh I couldn't do a2 physics I just about got it at gcse!
    Now I am thoroughly confused. :confused:
    What were the topics in unit 1 and 2?
    Your talking AS right?

ReputationRep:
    Now I am thoroughly confused. :confused:
    What were the topics in unit 1 and 2?
    Your talking AS right?
    No I'm talking GCSE whoops

ReputationRep:
    No I'm talking GCSE whoops
    Knew it!
    Ahahah! Gotcha for trolling

ReputationRep:
    Knew it!
    Ahahah! Gotcha for trolling
    My bad, I actually feel like a right nonce now I'm new to TSR so don't judge me xD I was just looking for a forum for the exam I'm going on abotu so I presumed this was it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StephenNaulls)
    This is gonna be so close...

In Jan I got 92 UMS and didn't re-sit, like a lot of people. Now, I need to get 91 UMS to get an A thanks to a good coursework grade.

I think I've got between 52-57, do you think that will be enough to get 91? It's going to be so so close for me
    96 UMS is - usually - around 53-56 so yeah I think you have a good chance
    When I do past papers I actually take the trouble to input my mark in a spreadsheet I downloaded from edexcel to see what ums i'd get after doing and marking past papers.
    Good luck Can't wait to hear the good news from you!

ReputationRep:
    Yes I got that but :banghead::banghead::banghead: forgot the units...were there marks for the units?
    I am going to have a look at the marks schemes.:rolleyes:
    I think the grade boundaries won't be that much different.
    Yeah there is a mark for units
    We shall see on the 14th about the grade boundaries ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x0x)
    Yeah there is a mark for units
    We shall see on the 14th about the grade boundaries ...
    Dammit. You ruined my day.:mad:

ReputationRep:
    Dammit. You ruined my day.:mad:
    I am sorry but I had to tell you ...
    who knows, you might end up with 58+ UMS out of 60
    Btw what is your UMS for unit 1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x0x)
    I am sorry but I had to tell you ...
    who knows, you might end up with 58+ UMS out of 60
    Btw what is your UMS for unit 1?
    I can say my UMS only on august 15th.
    But I ruined that paper.there was no ****ing time. I left out about 7 question parts I still expect a 120 UMS.....if only only the grade boundary is 64 for 120... :banghead:

ReputationRep:
    I can say my UMS only on august 15th.
    But I ruined that paper.there was no ****ing time. I left out about 7 question parts I still expect a 120 UMS.....if only only the grade boundary is 64 for 120... :banghead:
    Actually for unit 1 (Jan 2013) 64 was exactly the mark you needed for 120 UMS
    But I doubt 64 will be the cap mark for unit 2 since in my opinion it was easier than unit 1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x0x)
    96 UMS is - usually - around 53-56 so yeah I think you have a good chance
    When I do past papers I actually take the trouble to input my mark in a spreadsheet I downloaded from edexcel to see what ums i'd get after doing and marking past papers.
    Good luck Can't wait to hear the good news from you!
    Oh my days, if I miss out by 1/2 UMS I'll cry. Good luck, I hope you get the grade you want!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StephenNaulls)
    Oh my days, if I miss out by 1/2 UMS I'll cry. Good luck, I hope you get the grade you want!
    I hope that doesn't happen
    I hope you get the grade you want, too. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x0x)
    Actually for unit 1 (Jan 2013) 64 was exactly the mark you needed for 120 UMS
    But I doubt 64 will be the cap mark for unit 2 since in my opinion it was easier than unit 1.
    I agree :thumbup:
    69 is my guess.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah .. I guess it will be in the range 68-72

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.