Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nana96)
    Hi can someone please help me out, ive changed my number from the one i submitted onto ucas. How will I tell ucas this? or do i just go on track and change it to my new number and that will automatically let the uni's know??
    You can change it via track and your uni should be able to see it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why do the unis need your number? Do they ring you by any chance ? ive disabled private calls from my phone

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone interested in going to the Ace med interview course?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, just a couple of questions,

How much notice do universities give you before your interview, is it like 2 weeks before, 2 months before or what? :P

If at all, when are the following unis likely to interview or start interviewing or send interview emails out?
    Edinburgh
    St Andrews
    Dundee
    Glasgow

You have probably guessed im a scottish aplicant, Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesmcd96)

How much notice do universities give you before your interview, is it like 2 weeks before, 2 months before or what? :P

If at all, when are the following unis likely to interview or start interviewing or send interview emails out?
    Edinburgh
    St Andrews
    Dundee
    Glasgow

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well Edinburgh don't interview school leavers (only graduates) so that's one less for you to worry about

ReputationRep:

Edinburgh
    St Andrews
    Dundee
    Glasgow

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got my interview invites for Dundee and St Andrews in November. Dundee gave me two weeks notice, St Andrews three.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TattyBoJangles)
    I got my interview invites for Dundee and St Andrews in November. Dundee gave me two weeks notice, St Andrews three.
    Well done!!im hoping to getinvites as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do yoi get interviews according to how late you submitted your application? I submitted it on 12 october should I be expecting replies quite later?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrSupernova)
    Am I allowed to say that this year's BioMedical Admissions Test contained a lot of biology that could be considered almost medical in nature? Or that I found it quite testing?
    It's an outright ban on any mention of the test, situations you sat it in, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone interested in going to the Ace med interview course?
    Hey - I am considering it but I was going to wait untill the end of November before I booked it. If I get rejected for Bristol by then I will wait untill next year. Where are you applying to and which course you thinking of?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellsywells)
    Hey - I am considering it but I was going to wait untill the end of November before I booked it. If I get rejected for Bristol by then I will wait untill next year. Where are you applying to and which course you thinking of?
    I'm applying to UCL, Manchester, King's and Queens - I live in london so i was thinking of going to the London course on 17th wbu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariagoretti)
    Well done!!im hoping to getinvites as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That was for last year, just so you know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TattyBoJangles)
    That was for last year, just so you know.
    Oh yea I didn't read the op

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this before here, but Leeds medicine applicants:
    Leeds have just received UKCAT scores and the email from the uni says some people's emails have bounced back because their inboxes are full and some students are not registered as having sat the UKCAT so it would be important to read the email, just letting you know

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philippamalko)
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned this before here, but Leeds medicine applicants:
    Leeds have just received UKCAT scores and the email from the uni says some people's emails have bounced back because their inboxes are full and some students are not registered as having sat the UKCAT so it would be important to read the email, just letting you know

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I haven't got the email yet

ReputationRep:
    Here is the email I got from Leeds today:

Dear all,

We have now received the UKCAT results and will be processing the first applications next week. A few of you do not appear in the list supplied by UKCAT as having sat the assessment this year. I have emailed all those people – but some of the messages have bounced back as their inboxes are full. I cannot stress the importance of keeping an eye on your email inbox during the next few months! (And once you start university too – it’s a vital channel of communication.)

So I’d be grateful if, when you’re next in a medicine application forum, you mention that Leeds has started emailing people. That way anyone who isn’t receiving anything from us can check that their inbox isn’t full and that the address they registered with UCAS is correct.

Yours truly

Dr Patrick J R Harkin, MBChB, BSc(Hons), FHEA
    Associate Director of Student Support & Deputy Director of Admissions
    Leeds Institute of Medical Education

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to UCL, Manchester, King's and Queens - I live in london so i was thinking of going to the London course on 17th wbu
    I have applied to Bristol, Exeter and Cardiff so was planning on the Bristol course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WannabeMedic123)
    Here is the email I got from Leeds today:

Dear all,

We have now received the UKCAT results and will be processing the first applications next week. A few of you do not appear in the list supplied by UKCAT as having sat the assessment this year. I have emailed all those people – but some of the messages have bounced back as their inboxes are full. I cannot stress the importance of keeping an eye on your email inbox during the next few months! (And once you start university too – it’s a vital channel of communication.)

So I’d be grateful if, when you’re next in a medicine application forum, you mention that Leeds has started emailing people. That way anyone who isn’t receiving anything from us can check that their inbox isn’t full and that the address they registered with UCAS is correct.

Yours truly

Dr Patrick J R Harkin, MBChB, BSc(Hons), FHEA
    Associate Director of Student Support & Deputy Director of Admissions
    Leeds Institute of Medical Education
    Yea I just received same few minutes ago

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123456789012)
    When do people normally get replies from their chosen universities for Medicine? Also, for my fifth choice I chose BSc Chemistry. Do you think that the university I applied to for Chemistry minds why I have chosen Chemistry as the 5th option, or does this put me at a disadvantage in any way (bearing in mind that I have also applied for Medicine to the same university)? Thanks.
    You may hear anytime between now and the end of March, depending on each med school's selection process/policies and where you stand in their rankings. I had my first reply in November, and didn't hear from the others until late Feb/early March. Regarding the 5th choice, it won't be a disadvantage. The med schools know that applicants have to make a non-medicine choice - why would it count against you? You chose their uni/city - that should be a positive, if anything. I chose Biomed at Nottingham as my 5th option, and applied for medicine there as well - I got offers for both. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    If at all, when are the following unis likely to interview or start interviewing or send interview emails out? Edinburgh St Andrews Dundee Glasgow
    I didn't apply to any of your choices, but I had 2-3 weeks notice of each interview and, from talking to other medics, that seems fairly standard. Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.