Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

fabregas getting whistled at. arsenal is his true home, shame he doesn't see it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sufistic)
    Isn't it amazing that Arsene keeps us in the top 4?

Attachment 212500

Posted from TSR Mobile
    atleast we're doing better on and off the pitch than that crap team everton, liverpool are a joke and manu would be a lot higher if it was not for one player,

considering we had 40mill from player sales and probably average atleast 20mill profit a season (being safe) we should have made about 160mill by the end of this season, I know we have reserves of 123mill but cant you all of it for some reason

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal's Premier League win percentage with Koscielny in the team this season is 59%, compared to 39% without him. Indispensable.

ReputationRep:
    Inisgne at Napoli anyone? Looks some talent!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Arsenal's Premier League win percentage with Koscielny in the team this season is 59%, compared to 39% without him. Indispensable.
    That's why we can't afford to sell him for any amount. If Vermaelen was to leave, I think Koscielny should be given the armband.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    That's why we can't afford to sell him for any amount. If Vermaelen was to leave, I think Koscielny should be given the armband.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Koscielny has been a great defender but he is not a leader - mertesacker has been the leader.

I would say give the armband to arteta but I think it would be better if he was phased out next season

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eh13)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, he's brilliant, but we would never land him, Neapolitan through and through, and Napoli would have no need to sell.

(Original post by eh13)

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by WhatamIdoing)
    Yeah, he's brilliant, but we would never land him, Neapolitan through and through, and Napoli would have no need to sell.
    also far too short, we're not looking to build a team of super midgets, cazorla is enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheEssence)
    also far too short, we're not looking to build a team of super midgets, cazorla is enough.
    Yeah, 5'4, was gonna edit and bring this up.

tbh arteta still has a lot to offer. his game is not based on physicality, he's done what is expected of him well, he was never going to be an out n out DM to be honest. We need to stop getting rid of our older players once they hit the big 30 and let them teach the younger players. Arteta isn't used to winning titles , but his understanding of the game and tactical discipline would be great to pass on to our youngsters. Wilshere needs to tame himself a bit imo, then again it could be how wenger likes his creative hubs . Fabregas is adapted to having freedom and is being hindered by this at barcelona. Rosicky imo still has a lot to offer as well.

ReputationRep:
    tbh arteta still has a lot to offer. his game is not based on physicality, he's done what is expected of him well, he was never going to be an out n out DM to be honest. We need to stop getting rid of our older players once they hit the big 30 and let them teach the younger players. Arteta isn't used to winning titles , but his understanding of the game and tactical discipline would be great to pass on to our youngsters. Wilshere needs to tame himself a bit imo, then again it could be how wenger likes his creative hubs . Fabregas is adapted to having freedom and is being hindered by this at barcelona. Rosicky imo still has a lot to offer as well.
    I think artet is getting worse season by season, hes meant to be good technically but he doesn't create many goals any more, just a stats player IMO. other than the offside goal against qpr I cant remember a goal he scored that hasn't been a penalty this season

ReputationRep:
    What, you mean like giving away free kicks in extra time in Munich when Bayern weere on the ropes? Arteta is just average, just about good enough to get us into the top4 but nowhere near good enough to win anything.

Funny how people talk about bringing in quality players but people seem unwilling to name the current starters who are going to have to make way. Arteta, Walcott, Giroud, Sagna, Ramsey and possibly Podolski will do for a start.

(Original post by yaboy)
    I think artet is getting worse season by season, hes meant to be good technically but he doesn't create many goals any more, just a stats player IMO. other than the offside goal against qpr I cant remember a goal he scored that hasn't been a penalty this season
    he's playing in the dm role, what do yu expect, wenger shifted his role from last season
    (Original post by Zürich)
    What, you mean like giving away free kicks in extra time in Munich when Bayern weere on the ropes? Arteta is just average, just about good enough to get us into the top4 but nowhere near good enough to win anything.

Funny how people talk about bringing in quality players but people seem unwilling to name the current starters who are going to have to make way. Arteta, Walcott, Giroud, Sagna, Ramsey and possibly Podolski will do for a start.
    And lemme guess, we should bring in lewandowski, eriksen, jovetic and co. Please be real, we cannot/ will not compete for most of these players. Jovetic seems realistic though. Hopefully there is a change of policy in the summer, but i would now class us as a Category B top club. Still one of the best in the world, but we can still be seen as a stepping stone for bigger ones. Walcott won't leave anytime soon, nor will giroud, ramsey(who along with walcott and others signed a contract extension months ago), or podolski, unless very good offers come in or they genuinely wish to leave.

ReputationRep:
    he's playing in the dm role, what do yu expect, wenger shifted his role from last season

And lemme guess, we should bring in lewandowski, eriksen, jovetic and co. Please be real, we cannot/ will not compete for most of these players. Jovetic seems realistic though. Hopefully there is a change of policy in the summer, but i would now class us as a Category B top club. Still one of the best in the world, but we can still be seen as a stepping stone for bigger ones. Walcott won't leave anytime soon, nor will giroud, ramsey(who along with walcott and others signed a contract extension months ago), or podolski, unless very good offers come in or they genuinely wish to leave.
    wel ther are many players ahead of him in the advanced midfield position and he lacks defensive qualities so he should be taken out of the first team, if hes not good enough then he should not play end of no matter how experienced he is.

ReputationRep:

And lemme guess, we should bring in lewandowski, eriksen, jovetic and co. Please be real, we cannot/ will not compete for most of these players. Jovetic seems realistic though. Hopefully there is a change of policy in the summer, but i would now class us as a CategoryB top club. Still one of the best in the world, but we can still be seen as a stepping stone for bigger ones. Walcott won't leave anytime soon, nor will giroud, ramsey(who along with walcott and others signed a contract extension months ago), or podolski, unless very good offers come in or they genuinely wish to leave.
    I really dont think Wenger's going to conduct a major revamp of the squad at all. Well get rid of the deadwood for sure, but they dont play anyway so where's the room for the new players going to come from? Well bring a new striker(possibly two if we manage to sell Bendtner/Chamakh) in but everywhere else on the pitch we've got a large number of players. AOC/Podolski can barely get a game and we have Wilshere currently on the bench for instance so I really dont see how Wenger's going to bring in another 2/3 on top of an already congested squad.

Wenger often seems more concerned with his players future than he is with Arsenal's present. So no way is he going to proactively replace Gervinho, Sagna etc without someone forcing his hand. Depressing.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think our team needs an overhaul. I reckon this season's signings have been pretty good: Cazorla ( :sogood: ), Podolski, Giroud, Monreal all in one season is nothing to baulk at and certainly an improvement on last season. All we need is Wenger to continue in the same vein and bring in a few more good players this window to fill in other crucial areas of the squad and we're rolling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Pretty narrow way of looking at it IMO. The reason Arteta 'looks worse' this season is that he's had to take on the role of DM which he isn't used to yet he's had amazing discipline in doing it. If Song had a tenth of his discipline last season in sitting back and covering Wilshere's marauding runs, he'd have been great. Ergo, it's a bit unfair to single out Arteta for his lack of attacking threat when the role we have placed him with specifically asks him to negate this and sit back. Arteta's experience and age show - other than the Bayern game which was pretty uncharacteristic for him, he's a shrewd customer. He knows how to slow the game down when needed and draw the foul to take the pressure off the back line. It's that kind of experience to close off games that we've previously lacked and for that reason I reckon Arteta should definitely stay in the squad for the next season, but not necessarily in the first XI. You can replace him with a younger, less experienced but altogether more exciting midfielder, but as we've already seen in previous seasons, you need an old head when it comes to the crunch time in both individual games and seasons as a whole.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nosaer)
    Pretty narrow way of looking at it IMO. The reason Arteta 'looks worse' this season is that he's had to take on the role of DM which he isn't used to yet he's had amazing discipline in doing it. If Song had a tenth of his discipline last season in sitting back and covering Wilshere's marauding runs, he'd have been great. Ergo, it's a bit unfair to single out Arteta for his lack of attacking threat when the role we have placed him with specifically asks him to negate this and sit back. Arteta's experience and age show - other than the Bayern game which was pretty uncharacteristic for him, he's a shrewd customer. He knows how to slow the game down when needed and draw the foul to take the pressure off the back line. It's that kind of experience to close off games that we've previously lacked and for that reason I reckon Arteta should definitely stay in the squad for the next season, but not necessarily in the first XI. You can replace him with a younger, less experienced but altogether more exciting midfielder, but as we've already seen in previous seasons, you need an old head when it comes to the crunch time in both individual games and seasons as a whole.
    He played most of his career in that position it was only after a few seasons at everton that he played as an attacking midfielder so hes not alien to it. Fair enough keep the the guy but dont buy a defensive mid which is probably better than him but because of his age and lack of experience leave him on the bench and let arteta play in the first team for another season.

ReputationRep:
    Anything think we can get fabergas back? Barcelona fans seem to be getting on his back
    If he did join (unrealistic I know) where would he fit in, as our teams adapted since he left? Fab in cam and cazorla out wide?
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bayern Munich president, Uli Hoeness on the club's £104 season ticket prices

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.