Turn on thread page Beta

The Football League thread II watch

ReputationRep:
    Sannino must be in the running for Championship Head Coach of the Year is all I'm saying.

ReputationRep:
    I think Pearson will get the manager award, knew Leicester were going to do well since start of the season and well they managed it . Leicester's defence has been super throughout with the likes of Morgan. Used to be a fan of Morgan until he went from my home team (forest). Looking forward to next year with Leicester in the Premier league and for once a midland team in the top flight. Burnley have done well to get promoted but not sure on how they survive in the Premier.

ReputationRep:
    For me, the top 3 in the Championship have the 3 best managers (based on this season).

Dyche should win it, as much as I loathe Burnley and his persistent moaning about how they don't get decisions (which is complete and utter *******s).

Don't really want to see Pearson win it as I think most half-decent Championship managers could have got Leicester promoted with the squad they have. But he's done a good job based on the fact that they walked this league.

And, of course, even without my bias, McClaren's done an outstanding job. No-one would have predicted he would take us from 14th to 3rd on a low budget and with next to no big names.

So I'd go Pearson 3rd, McClaren 2nd and Dyche 1st. Honourable mention for wee Billy Davies as well for doing a fantastic job at Forest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    For me, the top 3 in the Championship have the 3 best managers (based on this season).

Dyche should win it, as much as I loathe Burnley and his persistent moaning about how they don't get decisions (which is complete and utter *******s).

Don't really want to see Pearson win it as I think most half-decent Championship managers could have got Leicester promoted with the squad they have. But he's done a good job based on the fact that they walked this league.

And, of course, even without my bias, McClaren's done an outstanding job. No-one would have predicted he would take us from 14th to 3rd on a low budget and with next to no big names.

So I'd go Pearson 3rd, McClaren 2nd and Dyche 1st. Honourable mention for wee Billy Davies as well for doing a fantastic job at Forest
    I'll just be happy as long as Dyche or Pearson win the championship manager. McClaren got lucky at derby but it is impressive with what he's done.

At least Forest are not in the bottom half of the table and well Billy Davies, he is a bit of a character.

ReputationRep:
    If Gianluca Nani doesn't win Director of Football of the Season just for his signing of Daniel Toszer alone, there's no justice.

ReputationRep:
    Not saying he should win it (I'd give it to Slade to be honest) but everyone demeaning the job Jackett has done doesnt understand. We were a club in crisis, a club with a squad so instilled into the losing mentality. A club lumbered with so many mediocre players who were as passionate as my adored sunglasses. Jackett has rebuilt all that, without spending much of the so called "parachute payments" Jackett has used our fantastic youth facilities, and reconnected a club that had become distant with its fans.

I'm not saying most managers couldn't have got us promoted (Dean Saunders exempt) but I'm saying that not many would have done it in the way Jackett has, which is what makes the achievement more special, to me, as a biased Wolves supporter!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Has to be Dyche, surely? Forced to sell his best player and couldn't spend a penny of the money to replace him. That squad must have one of the lowest wage bills in the Championship yet they've finished comfortably ahead of teams like QPR who spend more on wages than Borussia Dortmund. There were people tipping Burnley for relegation back in August, never mind promotion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xsophx)
    I'll just be happy as long as Dyche or Pearson win the championship manager. McClaren got lucky at derby but it is impressive with what he's done.
    Go on then, I'll bite. Please explain how he "got lucky".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Not saying he should win it (I'd give it to Slade to be honest) but everyone demeaning the job Jackett has done doesnt understand. We were a club in crisis, a club with a squad so instilled into the losing mentality. A club lumbered with so many mediocre players who were as passionate as my adored sunglasses. Jackett has rebuilt all that, without spending much of the so called "parachute payments" Jackett has used our fantastic youth facilities, and reconnected a club that had become distant with its fans.

I'm not saying most managers couldn't have got us promoted (Dean Saunders exempt) but I'm saying that not many would have done it in the way Jackett has, which is what makes the achievement more special, to me, as a biased Wolves supporter!
    Sorry pal, the financial advantage you had over everybody else was massive. No way should he be getting manager of the year for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

Steve McClaren is actually a brilliant shout - done very well with derby, and got QPR flying in those 9 games while Redknapp was ill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Has to be Dyche, surely? Forced to sell his best player and couldn't spend a penny of the money to replace him. That squad must have one of the lowest wage bills in the Championship yet they've finished comfortably ahead of teams like QPR who spend more on wages than Borussia Dortmund. There were people tipping Burnley for relegation back in August, never mind promotion.
    They were 4th favourites to go down. He's done incredible, should win it.

ReputationRep:
    Go on then, I'll bite. Please explain how he "got lucky".
    Be warned i bite hard! Because of how he was at Forest haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Steve McClaren is actually a brilliant shout - done very well with derby, and got QPR flying in those 9 games while Redknapp was ill.
    Yeah, as much as I'd love him to win it, he won't. And he shouldn't because Dyche deserves it way more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xsophx)
    Be warned i bite hard! Because of how he was at Forest haha.
    Ah, a Forest fan then?

5-0.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, a Forest fan then?

5-0.
    Maybe....

Thats something i'd rather forget. At least davies got sacked!

ReputationRep:
    Yeovil down, surprised it took this long to be honest. Back to punching above our weight just by being in league one it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    Coventry-Wolves
    May the worst team win! Good luck sir.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, could it be possible? Blackpool v Fleetwood in League One next year. And yet, just three years ago Blackpool were Premier League while Fleetwood were non-League.

ReputationRep:
    Nigel Adkins' dedication to fitness really impresses me. That was a great result for Reading today and their ability to keep going for the full 90 minutes could be the difference for them this season.

I just wish I had waited till half time to place this!

Name:  Screenshot from 2014-04-26 17:06:28.png
Views: 115
Size:  11.6 KB

ReputationRep:
    Playoffs are so last year, mid table safety is where the real money's at.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.