Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boing36)
    applied ashurst 29th dec, thanks!
    A friend of mine interviewed at Ashurst and was offered a TC. He told me the interview is brutal, they're looking for someone who can stand their ground. I hope this helps you!

ReputationRep:
    yep i applied early/mid dec - i heard back within a week so they are quite quick!
    I applied mid December and haven't heard yet, which can't be a good sign then! :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyWoccy)
    I applied mid December and haven't heard yet, which can't be a good sign then! :erm:
    I'm in the same boat as you. Applied to Latham mid-November and have not heard back...

ReputationRep:
    it's next week! let me know if you get an interview i'm happy to let you know how it went/what it was like!
    Awesome, thank you! Not too optimistic but will definitely take you up on that offer if I manage to get one.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what requirements Bond Dickinson look for? Cant seem to find it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScroogeHumbug)
    I'm in the same boat as you. Applied to Latham mid-November and have not heard back...
    Not just you guys, I applied early December and haven't heard anything.

ReputationRep:
    A friend of mine interviewed at Ashurst and was offered a TC. He told me the interview is brutal, they're looking for someone who can stand their ground. I hope this helps you!
    haha, oh god - well thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swimmer)
    Does anyone know what requirements Bond Dickinson look for? Cant seem to find it!
    Hi

I completed a vac scheme with them last year and I'm pretty sure their competencies etc are listed on their graduate recruitment website in a bullet point list ? If you still can't find them, I know they're big on building relationships and work experience. The commercial awareness section I was told carries a lot of weight as it sets apart good candidates from the rest

Hope that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i've applied to mainly american firms - had an interview at shearman & sterling and have interviews at latham watkins and mayer brown. also applied to kirkland & ellis and weil but haven't heard anything from them! and got rejected from sullivan & cromwell and cleary gottlieb.
    Hi - do you mind sharing with us how your interview at shearman & sterling was please? I've heard it's slightly obscure and "strength based"... not sure what to expect.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legallife)
    Hi - do you mind sharing with us how your interview at shearman & sterling was please? I've heard it's slightly obscure and "strength based"... not sure what to expect.

Thanks
    sure - it was just one competency question then the rest were strength based such as - what does success mean to you, if you had to decide would you say you are a big picture or a detail kind of person... if you google it online they give you some examples and it's that kind of thing. you can't really prepare for it - it really wasn't that bad though. the rest of the interview was just very standard - why law, why shearman, where else have you applied and why, recent deal

hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    sure - it was just one competency question then the rest were strength based such as - what does success mean to you, if you had to decide would you say you are a big picture or a detail kind of person... if you google it online they give you some examples and it's that kind of thing. you can't really prepare for it - it really wasn't that bad though. the rest of the interview was just very standard - why law, why shearman, where else have you applied and why, recent deal

hope this helps!
    This is really helpful - thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liarpoker)
    Jones Day interview invite.
    When did you apply if you don't mind me asking? Just wondering how long it is between applying and hearing back I just applied a while ago.

ReputationRep:
    Just got a PFO from Shearman. Applied on Sunday.

ReputationRep:
    Just got a PFO from Shearman. Applied on Sunday.
    Commiserations. Applied quite a while ago and haven't heard back, so expecting same result.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Was So Funny!)
    Any word on slaughter's easter scheme
    Received an offer about an hour ago!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcrlawstudent)
    congrats!

ReputationRep:
    congrats!
    Thanks Choccy!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Choccy!
    Congrats, you are absolutely killing the vac scheme game.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well done, old boy!

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully it'll be mitigated by the fact that you're at LSE?
    Is a 2.1 a bad thing? It's what they ask for. And it's what I have. And most of my friends who are working in big international law firms only got a 2.1 as well.... so not sure why it would be a bad thing.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.