Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Dont see why you'd have him anyway, not played at all in preseason. He's a goner. Frankly I'd expect qpr to finish bottom by some way (awful last season and haven't addressed any of the major problems), I'd not touch their players with a barge pole.
    hmm, did not know about pre-season..

Had remy as he did well last season, and for his price-range, if he improves from last season, then hed be good value.

may have a look at replacements if he has not been playing

ReputationRep:
    Pulis has left Palace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    I'd not touch their players with a barge pole.
    What about Caulker?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    What about Caulker?
    I don't think he's particularly good tbh, what I saw of Cardiff last season from him was sloppy errors and Marshall bailing him out far too often.

ReputationRep:
    Settled on this for now, going to switch out O'Shea for Colloccini after GW1 if Newcastle don't get tonked by City.

Also have my doubts about Sterling and Gerrard in the same team. I feel Sterling is likely to win some pens and Gerrard is likely to put them away but I have always avoided 2 players from the same team in any position; if the team have a bad game thats 2 players wasted. Thoughts?

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

with davies instead of ward

or

or

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amphiprion)
    Settled on this for now, going to switch out O'Shea for Colloccini after GW1 if Newcastle don't get tonked by City.

Also have my doubts about Sterling and Gerrard in the same team. I feel Sterling is likely to win some pens and Gerrard is likely to put them away but I have always avoided 2 players from the same team in any position; if the team have a bad game thats 2 players wasted. Thoughts?
    If you think both players will be the highest scorers for their price bracket then I don't see anything wrong with having both of them. Even if they are from the same team, they'll both gain from the games where Liverpool do turn up. Only disadvantage is you'll could suffer some HtH weeks I guess? But for the normal league/s I don't really see the problem.

Personally, I'd probably go with just one to start. Don't have amazing games to start with and I'm not a fan of Gerrard this year.

Spoiler:
    Show

with davies instead of ward

or

or

Probably the third one as it's got Mata and Rooney.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prandtl)
    If you think both players will be the highest scorers for their price bracket then I don't see anything wrong with having both of them. Even if they are from the same team, they'll both gain from the games where Liverpool do turn up. Only disadvantage is you'll could suffer some HtH weeks I guess? But for the normal league/s I don't really see the problem.

Personally, I'd probably go with just one to start. Don't have amazing games to start with and I'm not a fan of Gerrard this year.
    I don't see Gerrard achieving an awful lot from open play this year, he didn't really last year. He will probably take almost all their set pieces now Suarez has gone though and he has always been and always will be their #1 pen taker. Thats assists & some goals from free kicks, assists from corners and goals from pens.

ReputationRep:
    Pulis has officially gone. Have to say, I am very surprised Palace let him go. Starting to doubt Ward as a good pick now, any thoughts on whether or not to drop him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex Doran)
    Pulis has officially gone. Have to say, I am very surprised Palace let him go. Starting to doubt Ward as a good pick now, any thoughts on whether or not to drop him?
    I'm definitely dropping him

ReputationRep:
    Probably the third one as it's got Mata and Rooney.
    I could easily put rooney into the others instead of costa/sturridge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amphiprion)
    I don't see Gerrard achieving an awful lot from open play this year, he didn't really last year. He will probably take almost all their set pieces now Suarez has gone though and he has always been and always will be their #1 pen taker. Thats assists & some goals from free kicks, assists from corners and goals from pens.
    I hadn't thought about the close freekicks at goal he'll get now Suarez was gone :beard: Was just thinking free kicks/corners for assists and penalties. Probably still not a pick for me. Will miss the odd game/half when the CL games come around. Plus there are picks I prefer at the 9m mark over him.

I could easily put rooney into the others instead of costa/sturridge
    Then they'd be different teams But that's true. In what order would you rate rooney/costa/sturridge for the first 5/6 games?

ReputationRep:
    Then they'd be different teams But that's true. In what order would you rate rooney/costa/sturridge for the first 5/6 games?
    Rooney has the easiest games so......

I really can't decide

Begovic Myhill
    Davies Debuchy Azpilicueta Caulker Hutton
    Albrighton Hazard Ramsey Mata Eriksen With fabregas available to put in
    Sturridge/Costa/Rooney Jovetic Bojan

Begovic Myhill
    Davies Debuchy Cahill Caulker Hutton
    Siggurdson Fabregas Ramsey Mata Eriksen
    Costa/Rooney Jovetic Bojan

Begovic Myhill
    Moore Debuchy Cahill Caulker Hutton
    Albrighton Fabregas Ramsey Mata Eriksen
    Costa Rooney Bojan

Fabregas or Hazard is my main question as the third front line is easily the best imo

ReputationRep:
    Joined the league, Team name - S Club 11

I'm not sure whether to have silva or fabregas in my midfield and torn between jovetic and dzeko up front.

Up to now here's my team.

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I'm suprised overall that Yaya Toure has only been selected by 20% of players. Especially opening against Newcastle, He ALWAYS scores against us :facepalm2:

Also does anyone know if Mangala will be starting this sunday? Seems like he could be a good buy at £6m.

ReputationRep:
    Any thoughts on the starting Southampton defence? Since Pulis has gone I need to replace Ward and Southampton rotate well with QPR (I have Ferdinand.) At a budget of 5m, although 4.5m would be better, who is the best option? I would guess
    Clyne - Yoshida - Fonte - Bertrand
    Are they all nailed on, or is 1 of them a rotation risk?

ReputationRep:
    Just joined. SpongeBob FC.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2014-08-15 at 12.15.07.png
Views: 66
Size:  135.0 KBName:  Screen Shot 2014-08-15 at 12.15.07.png
Views: 66
Size:  135.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    Best Value 5.5m Midfielder anyone? Really struggling to pick one out of the bunch.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..DT..)
    Best Value 5.5m Midfielder anyone? Really struggling to pick one out of the bunch.
    Dont know about 5.5 s but if you can find another 0.5 Siggurdson is very well priced at 6.0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..DT..)
    Jonjo Shelvey or Sidwell are always good shouts

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 8, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.