Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Something I don't quite understand: I thought spring internships could lead to summer internships in IB, right? However, on Rotschild's website the deadline (or is it maybe the beginning of the application process) for the 2015 Spring Insight Programme is 28 December 2014 while the deadline (or beginning) for the summer analyst position is 16 Novembre 2014??!! Isn't this illogical? How can you apply for the summer internship before even having completed or finished applying to the spring internship.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i was just wondering how interviews work... If we are studyng at a non-london uni are we expected to travel to london for the interview or can other arrangements be made!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiirankapoor)
    Hey, i was just wondering how interviews work... If we are studyng at a non-london uni are we expected to travel to london for the interview or can other arrangements be made!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I assume you would have to travel. Wouldn't be surprised if costs are reimbursed though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fragy)
    Something I don't quite understand: I thought spring internships could lead to summer internships in IB, right? However, on Rotschild's website the deadline (or is it maybe the beginning of the application process) for the 2015 Spring Insight Programme is 28 December 2014 while the deadline (or beginning) for the summer analyst position is 16 Novembre 2014??!! Isn't this illogical? How can you apply for the summer internship before even having completed or finished applying to the spring internship.
    They can lead to summer internships for the next year. So for us summer 2016

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ah ok. So we don't have any summer internships this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fragy)
    No, not this year.

ReputationRep:
    Huum interesting Why not though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fragy)
    Unless you're good at networking

ReputationRep:
    Anyone keen on doing a summer stint in the summer of first year, look at the asset management firms. I did this summer at Schroders, and Aberdeen Asset Management also have places for first years.

Barclays do summer for the top performing freshers on their SW and it's pretty much their standard 9 week internship, so consider the impact that would have on your bank balance.. Same with RBCCM.

Aside from those, look at mid-tier boutiques who are always on the look out for an extra pair of hands.

Alternatively, enjoy the summer, might be your last for a long time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cutmeloose)
    Anyone keen on doing a summer stint in the summer of first year, look at the asset management firms. I did this summer at Schroders, and Aberdeen Asset Management also have places for first years.

Barclays do summer for the top performing freshers on their SW and it's pretty much their standard 9 week internship, so consider the impact that would have on your bank balance.. Same with RBCCM.

Aside from those, look at mid-tier boutiques who are always on the look out for an extra pair of hands.

Thanks for the advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cutmeloose)

Networking important for Schroders or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    I believe you just apply as usual but obviously networking always helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will2348)
    I believe you just apply as usual but obviously networking always helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Started the application there and noticed there are 12 x 200 word competency questions. Balls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    Not at all. People massively overestimate the 'need' to network on this forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    Started the application there and noticed there are 12 x 200 word competency questions. Balls
    The last time I wrote that much was for my GCSE English Literature coursework...(not counting Chem as Chem is different)

ReputationRep:
    Just thinking, is it not better for all applicants to get into the swing of uni in terms of networking events, societies and ECs before sending off all applications? Esp at targets

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patrickh)
    Just thinking, is it not better for all applicants to get into the swing of uni in terms of networking events, societies and ECs before sending off all applications? Esp at targets
    Yeah, that's what I'm doing. It's advised.

(Original post by fragy)
    (Original post by CD315)
    Unless you're good at networking
    This ^ Networking opens doors. Get people to like you and you have a chance, a chance is better than nothing. Use your own initiatives. I've taken the stance that the traditional SW > Summer internship (penultimate) is too competitive for me just to gamble my chances. I'm going to do everything in power to secure something informally for first years and hopefully convert that.

A summer intern in my first year is looking hopeful, given I can maintain relationship with my team and manager from this summer.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know the deadline for DB's spring week? Can't seem to find it on the site

Any help would be much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,i'm an italian student who's about to start attending the University of Bologna,doing a degree in history and I know I'm not coming from a worldwide known university. Even if they say to be accepting students from all academic backgrounds,I would like to know what are my chances of getting accepted in the spring week/summer internship ? Do you have any advice ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedStark)
    Anyone know the deadline for DB's spring week? Can't seem to find it on the site

Any help would be much appreciated
    Also anyone elaborate on this pls? should I upload a resume AND a cover letter, yet it should be only ONE file wtf IMPORTANT! You can only submit one file per application. Therefore, the file must contain all documents relevant to the application process including: CV/Resume, cover letter and ANY OTHER requested documents such as transcripts and/or essays. Please note: only documents in Word (.doc or .docx), Adobe Acrobat (.pdf), or plain text (.txt) formats can be uploaded and the file can be no larger than 4MB.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.