The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

I managed to get an interview on 18th Dec! :smile: Anybody else?
Original post by F.Lawton

When did you get the email??

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got it two days ago on 21st. No news is good news cause u haven't been rejected yet!

Original post by Saywhatyoumean
When did you get the email??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats!

What are your stats?

Congrats what was your UKCAT score?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by donkhan
Congrats!

What are your stats?

I got 41 points for IB but I didn't sit for gcse's in grade 10... I scored 2730 band 1 for ukcat. Hope I'd helped!
Thanks!! I scored 2730 band 1 but I don't think I did that well tbh!

Original post by beansontoast92
Congrats what was your UKCAT score?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1047
Have most people got inteviews? Because I still haven't heard from St George's :s-smilie:
Original post by lazymedic
Well I don't really have much experience with PBL (I've only been here 8 weeks :P). CBL is basically were you get a case which is spread over a few pages. The tutor gives you the first sheet and you discuss it with your group, explaining terms and if there's something that you guys don't know, you make that a learning objective. Then the next sheet is given out and you do the same thing, the next sheet usually tells you what happened to the patient next. Then after the session before the next one you have to find the answers for the learning objectives. Then you come back a next later and spend half the CBL session reviewing the answers you got. Then you start a new case.

I think in PBL you don't just focus on cases every week but medical problems. Although I'm not entirely sure. You might want to ask someone in the higher years. Sorry!! :colondollar:
alright thanks, i dont mind that style of learning, but do you get lectures in between to consolidate your knowledge?
Original post by Nubian_Queen_97
alright thanks, i dont mind that style of learning, but do you get lectures in between to consolidate your knowledge?

Yeah you do. The week starts on Thursday for semester 1, so on Thursday morning you get the case you'll be working on for the week. Then throughout the week, until the next Thursday, you'll have lectures/Anatomy/Clinical skills related to the case. Sometimes you hardly have to do any extra research to answer the Learning objectives, you can just use what you learnt in from the lectures and other sessions.
Original post by lazymedic
Yeah you do. The week starts on Thursday for semester 1, so on Thursday morning you get the case you'll be working on for the week. Then throughout the week, until the next Thursday, you'll have lectures/Anatomy/Clinical skills related to the case. Sometimes you hardly have to do any extra research to answer the Learning objectives, you can just use what you learnt in from the lectures and other sessions.

okay, thank you!:biggrin:
Are all interviews given out before December?
Original post by TheUnicorn62
Are all interviews given out before December?

Nope I emailed them about something and they said that I'm unlikely to be called until Feb/March
Original post by tealover96
Nope I emailed them about something and they said that I'm unlikely to be called until Feb/March

Thanks! What are your stats?
Thanks! What are your stats?

No problem!
Gcses: 6.5 A* and 4 As
As: aaaa
A2 prediction: A*AA

And my pride and joy ukcat: 2590 (yes I'm kidding, I'm so lucky that I met the cut off!)
No problem!
Gcses: 6.5 A* and 4 As
As: aaaa
A2 prediction: A*AA

And my pride and joy ukcat: 2590 (yes I'm kidding, I'm so lucky that I met the cut off!)

Nice stats! I'm similar
6A* 6A gcses
AS:AAAA
A2 pred: A*A*A
UKCAT:2600
So I'll hear around that time too I guess, did they imply that you'll definitely get an interview?
Nice stats! I'm similar
6A* 6A gcses
So I'll hear around that time too I guess, did they imply that you'll definitely get an interview?

️️️ahh I'm sort of similar to you!

Gcses: 10A*s 2As
AS: AAAB (+B in further maths)
A2 predictions: A*AA (+ A in EPQ)
UKCAT: 2600

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nice stats! I'm similar
6A* 6A gcses

Well I'd basically asked them whether the references had to be so specific and they said I quote "yes we need references to be just as they were asked for but you have plenty of time to get them as you are unlikely to be called for interview until Feb/March"

I didn't know whether they meant I was specifically going to be called then or whether I was going to be called at all... I hadn't given my stats or ID with the email either

So not too sure what to make of it :/
Original post by Saywhatyoumean
️️️ahh I'm sort of similar to you!

Gcses: 10A*s 2As
AS: AAAB (+B in further maths)
A2 predictions: A*AA (+ A in EPQ)
UKCAT: 2600

Posted from TSR Mobile

Amazing stats! Have you got an interview? If not, I'm sure you will with your academics!
Well I'd basically asked them whether the references had to be so specific and they said I quote "yes we need references to be just as they were asked for but you have plenty of time to get them as you are unlikely to be called for interview until Feb/March"

I didn't know whether they meant I was specifically going to be called then or whether I was going to be called at all... I hadn't given my stats or ID with the email either

So not too sure what to make of it :/

Did they mean you will hear about interview in Feb/March or your interview will be scheduled then?

Quick Reply

Latest