Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm not living on campus, but I'm just having a look at the accomodation website. It asks for a university ID number. I haven't received that yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelc142)
    omg me too XD ooh nice!
    Is manchester your firm choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coffeetime)
    I'm not living on campus, but I'm just having a look at the accomodation website. It asks for a university ID number. I haven't received that yet.
    You have to make one - sign up as a new student and you get given one

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    its on some of the emails from them, i know its definitely on the acknowledgement email you get when you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meli.Hardege)
    Mines come up with 2015/16 today Richmond Park and Sheavyn House are my top two cant decide which to put first and then Oak house ... I really want to be self catered in fallowfields hah you?
    I don't know which accommodation to choose! I want an ensuite and self catered too. I am considering Richmond Park, but it doesn't look that great from pics that i have seen. I do like the look of Denmark Road accomodation! However, it seems that people have said better things about Fallowfield

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks! How do I do that...? Haha.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is applications for accomodation open for 2015/16 entry now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teeahz)
    I don't know which accommodation to choose! I want an ensuite and self catered too. I am considering Richmond Park, but it doesn't look that great from pics that i have seen. I do like the look of Denmark Road accomodation! However, it seems that people have said better things about Fallowfield
    Yeh i think im putting Sheavyn as my top because it does look really nice and its about the same cost as richmond i like the look of some of the campus/victoria park campus but i've been told by so many people how much better fallowfields is and i am very much the kind of person who wants to go out and i dont want to be out of the way of all events and parties and nights out etc. theres only two self catered ensuite in fallowfields though

ReputationRep:
    Guys I donno what to do, i have around a 33-34 predicted in IB, my Aerospace Engineering requires a 35. Applied Both Foundation year and BEng, out of fear. been my dream to join manchester as i have a house there and family etc. I think it was a bad choice, do u think it will negatively affect me? Btw im an international students with UK citizenship

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OmarZ)
    Guys I donno what to do, i have around a 33-34 predicted in IB, my Aerospace Engineering requires a 35. Applied Both Foundation year and BEng, out of fear. been my dream to join manchester as i have a house there and family etc. I think it was a bad choice, do u think it will negatively affect me? Btw im an international students with UK citizenship
    The personal statement and references are also taken into consideration, not as much as grades though. I don't necessarily think it's a bad choice because they could give you a conditional offer. I am not very familiar with their procedures regarding international students and whether they will take into consideration your citizenship. Also, applying for a foundation year usually makes universities lenient, but that's just info I gathered by reading things on TSR. I am an IB student too and I've based some of my choices on bonus points, which hopefully will not turn out to be a mistake. Good luck to you and I hope you get into Manchester!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schrode)
    The personal statement and references are also taken into consideration, not as much as grades though. I don't necessarily think it's a bad choice because they could give you a conditional offer. I am not very familiar with their procedures regarding international students and whether they will take into consideration your citizenship. Also, applying for a foundation year usually makes universities lenient, but that's just info I gathered by reading things on TSR. I am an IB student too and I've based some of my choices on bonus points, which hopefully will not turn out to be a mistake. Good luck to you and I hope you get into Manchester!
    Thanks man, its just my school lowers my IB score cuz they know if i dont get my predicted i wouldnt get in, so they lower them a lot so they make sure i'll get my predicted /:

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for Politics and International Relations! Probably going to be my firm so just got to get the grades now

ReputationRep:
    Sent off my application for accommodation applied for Richmond and Sheavyn

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OmarZ)
    Thanks man, its just my school lowers my IB score cuz they know if i dont get my predicted i wouldnt get in, so they lower them a lot so they make sure i'll get my predicted /:
    I understand you perfectly and I know how frustrating it can be. I'm really nervous about Manchester as well, as I did not meet one HL requirement so I am checking my email and track literally every 10 minutes

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! How do I do that...? Haha.
    I can't exactly remember - when I get home I will find a link for you

Is applications for accomodation open for 2015/16 entry now?
    I think so!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bronwencerimarsh)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How did you apply for accommodation? I'm struggling I don't know where/how to get the university ID number?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schrode)
    I understand you perfectly and I know how frustrating it can be. I'm really nervous about Manchester as well, as I did not meet one HL requirement so I am checking my email and track literally every 10 minutes
    What are ur courses and grades, what unis as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bronwencerimarsh)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do we only choose 2 preferences?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OmarZ)
    What are ur courses and grades, what unis as well.
    Math HL - 6
    Physics HL - 5
    Film HL - 6
    Geography SL - 5
    English L&L SL - 6
    Spanish AB - 7
    TOK - B
    EE - A

Very frustrated about geography and film as those could have been a 6, respectively a 7, but the reasons for which they aren't are just silly.

I applied to

Manchester
    Bristol
    Edinburgh
    Liverpool
    Bath

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Do we only choose 2 preferences?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No we get three, but my third is Victoria hall, hoping for either of the Fallowfield ones

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.