Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don'tMessThisUp)
    See now that's really interesting to me, because it seems from that layout that they really don't care about what your GAMSAT score was, just that you passed it. I got 68/69 depending on the calculation, but then it seems that that doesn't matter - you don't get a better chance from a higher mark.
    Maybe your GAMSAT score is only used to decide who will be invited for interview, and then the offer is made based solely on interview performance. I know the aptitude test isn't taken into account for the final offer in a lot of GEPs, not sure how Exeter use it though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shha5)
    Ik the feeling mate (for Plymouth) but I still haven't got an official rejection
    Was off by 10 on one of the sub section.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ye but u know why u got rejected
    Genuinely in the dark here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahwab)
    Ye but u know why u got rejected
    Genuinely in the dark here
    Theory:

Ahwab is the position of the coast of Yemen.
    Yemen borders Saudi Arabia.
    Saudi Arabia Borders UAE.
    The only other nation commonly known by 3 letters, two of which are U and A is USA.
    The president of USA is Barack Obama.
    Obama was elected in 2008, on November 4th.
    9 years earlier, to the day, the 24128 Hipsman asteroid was discovered.
    Hipsman is an anagram of Shipman, the most infamous doctor in British history.

COINCIDENCE?!! I THINK NOT

(In all honesty man I don't know, all I can say is good luck with your other choices

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Django)
    Theory:

Ahwab is the position of the coast of Yemen.
    Yemen borders Saudi Arabia.
    Saudi Arabia Borders UAE.
    The only other nation commonly known by 3 letters, two of which are U and A is USA.
    The president of USA is Barack Obama.
    Obama was elected in 2008, on November 4th.
    9 years earlier, to the day, the 24128 Hipsman asteroid was discovered.
    Hipsman is an anagram of Shipman, the most infamous doctor in British history.

COINCIDENCE?!! I THINK NOT

(In all honesty man I don't know, all I can say is good luck with your other choices
    OMG, dying with laughter
    literally lololololol

u sound like nigahiga

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahwab)
    OMG, dying with laughter
    literally lololololol

u sound like nigahiga
    he was my inspiration

ReputationRep:
    In Exeter now!!!
    Interview tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To those still waiting I have a pretty good idea of what Exeter are doing or at least trying to do.

Obviously, we have not had our rejection yet. But at the same time, we have not seen any new interviews given out.

It could be that Exeter are checking if their applicants are good enough during December. If not then they invite some to fill the gap in Feb?

Or they're just not rushing to disappoint us lol. But I have a funny feeling that I could be right. Just some food for thought I guess.

Either I am so deluded or just a boss at predicting the future lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahwab)
    To those still waiting I have a pretty good idea of what Exeter are doing or at least trying to do.

Obviously, we have not had our rejection yet. But at the same time, we have not seen any new interviews given out.

It could be that Exeter are checking if their applicants are good enough during December. If not then they invite some to fill the gap in Feb?

Or they're just not rushing to disappoint us lol. But I have a funny feeling that I could be right. Just some food for thought I guess.

I think you might be right, in that they're seeing how many people they want from the undergrad cohort and then will decide on graduate numbers after.

ReputationRep:
    Is 5 medical volunteering opportunities abroad, gp shadowing aswell as attending various medical workshops, plus science workshops enough for medical work experience.

Also if I read, 4 books from medical reading lists exp 'trust me, I'm a junior doctor', would this show interest in my chosen degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i emailed Exeter to let them know that I was unavailable for interview between Nov 29th and the 12th December since I was going abroad to do some work exp. I got an acknowledgement of that email a bit more than a week ago, after interviews were starting to get handed out. I still haven't heard anything yet, so I'm not sure if it means I'm going to get rejected or if I'm just going to get an interview later, maybe feb. it's looking quite ominous though... :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missfats)
    Is 5 medical volunteering opportunities abroad, gp shadowing aswell as attending various medical workshops, plus science workshops enough for medical work experience.

Also if I read, 4 books from medical reading lists exp 'trust me, I'm a junior doctor', would this show interest in my chosen degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, that's way above average!

Furthermore...Exeter don't even require work Exp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Django)
    Yeah, that's way above average!

Furthermore...Exeter don't even require work Exp
    Aha no way!
    Im not completely sure that I'm heading to medicine, so would I be able to apply for more then one course at the same university for example, medicine and biological sciences.
    They are pretty much similar degrees, so would they look down on me, if I am not completely sure, even though I will have 'above average' work experience.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Aha no way!
    Im not completely sure that I'm heading to medicine, so would I be able to apply for more then one course at the same university for example, medicine and biological sciences.
    They are pretty much similar degrees, so would they look down on me, if I am not completely sure, even though I will have 'above average' work experience.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, for such related degree it's usually fine! (Eg at Exeter for example many med applicants have biological sciences offers)
    Obviously check with the unis before you apply, some may ask for an additional PS geared more towards that subject but generally it's fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahwab)

That's what it looks like they've been doing based on last years thread. People interviewed in December were either rejected, accepted or put on a deferred decisions list. Then there were February interviews with mainly grads and internationals but a few undergrads too. Then these February interviewees were either accepted or rejected. If they had space then they gave offers to Decembers deferred decisions list, which sounds like a little like this years reserve interview list. So either they had too many applicants they wanted to interview this December and created this reserve list just for the December batch and will still interview in February or they will not interview in February and will use the reserve list to fill up any remaining spaces. Thoughts?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Maverick07;52135929]That's what it looks like they've been doing based on last years thread. People interviewed in December were either rejected, accepted or put on a deferred decisions list. Then there were February interviews with mainly grads and internationals but a few undergrads too. Then these February interviewees were either accepted or rejected. If they had space then they gave offers to Decembers deferred decisions list, which sounds like a little like this years reserve interview list. So either they had too many applicants they wanted to interview this December and created this reserve list just for the December batch and will still interview in February or they will not interview in February and will use the reserve list to fill up any remaining spaces. Thoughts?

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE

I like your thinking! I live in hope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maverick07)
    That's what it looks like they've been doing based on last years thread. People interviewed in December were either rejected, accepted or put on a deferred decisions list. Then there were February interviews with mainly grads and internationals but a few undergrads too. Then these February interviewees were either accepted or rejected. If they had space then they gave offers to Decembers deferred decisions list, which sounds like a little like this years reserve interview list. So either they had too many applicants they wanted to interview this December and created this reserve list just for the December batch and will still interview in February or they will not interview in February and will use the reserve list to fill up any remaining spaces. Thoughts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    CBA to read last years thread lol.
    But our ideas still connect and I guessed correctly?

But I thought reserve interviews were defo weird.
    You might actually be onto something...

ReputationRep:
    So who will I be seeing tomorrow? xD

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah, I think you should read Kumar & Clark's cover to cover if you want to show the slightest bit of interest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopes)
    Nah, I think you should read Kumar & Clark's cover to cover if you want to show the slightest bit of interest.
    I'll make sure I do that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaska)
    So who will I be seeing tomorrow? xD
    Meeee!! So nervous

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.