Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA English Literature GCSE 2015 JUNE SUMMER *OFFICIAL THREAD* OMAM AIC Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kilomontari)
    !!!!!!

I compared My Last Duchess to The River God for pride, I writ a lot about structure and how they are both proud of their power and how they are both proud of killing a women. Nobody else compred these two, have I ****ed up?
    Definitely not. So many people compared these. I did Ozymandias

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Anyone else do the My Last Duchess question? I compared it to Ozymandias.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i compared my last duchess to les grands seigneurs as they use possessive language and they are proud of their belongings(men and duchess)? is this wrong please guys reply im literally crabbing myself!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awsomedude)
    i compared my last duchess to les grands seigneurs as they use possessive language and they are proud of their belongings(men and duchess)? is this wrong please guys reply im literally crabbing myself!!!
    No that's fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    No that's fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thank u so much, u have literally taken so much load off me i can finally enjoy my half term revising the other subjects

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monaa_)
    What did people write for the unseen poem???
    I wrote about love being worth the pain etc lovesickness n having no power over it. Went on a bit of a tangent.

ReputationRep:
    I compared Mametz Wood to At the Border, 1979 because they both talk about place. Then for the unseen I talked about how the poet/speaker used all the negative things to emphasise how much she loves the person it's about/for. I spent 45 minutes on the first one and wrote about 3 ish sides and 30 for unseen and wrote 2 sides but in the past my work has been more quality over quantity so I'm hoping for a B but an A would be amazing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Izzy6785)
    yes same! and I compared to quickdraw. sadly didn't have time for a conclusion though I'm confused though now people are saying the unseen was about love for her child? I didn't get that hahaha
    the sister maude Q was hard- my friend compared it to brothers!
    Same here, I didn't do a conclusion because I thought I wouldn't have enough time for the Unseen section. But who said the Unseen is about Love for her Child? The emotions she was described definitely points towards romantic love sickness. I put down on how she describes Love as the best and worst thing in the world as well as saying it encompasses and is the cause for most emotions. And as for that Sister Maude question, I read it once, straight away going "Nope"

ReputationRep:
    RELATIONSHIP POETRY QUESTION.....For some reason I compared the Manhunt to In Paris with You.... does this sound compatible I actually dont know why... I chose Quickdraw first but then I rethought and I did In Paris with You.

ReputationRep:
    i forgot to write about effect on reader. What is the highest grade i could get?

ReputationRep:
    I compared manhunt with farmer's bride. i forgot to write about effect on reader. What is the highest grade i could get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by savannahwilddd)
    I compared Mametz Wood to At the Border, 1979 because they both talk about place. Then for the unseen I talked about how the poet/speaker used all the negative things to emphasise how much she loves the person it's about/for. I spent 45 minutes on the first one and wrote about 3 ish sides and 30 for unseen and wrote 2 sides but in the past my work has been more quality over quantity so I'm hoping for a B but an A would be amazing
    I compared the same poems as you, and wrote the same number of pages for each question. Interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Could i get an A if i forgot to write about the effect on reader?

ReputationRep:
    I compared my last duchess with sing song , I feel like I am the only one who did this 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ***** questions, just compared My Last Duchess to Medusa as a go to poem cos I blanked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MVEMJSUNP)
    RELATIONSHIP POETRY QUESTION.....For some reason I compared the Manhunt to In Paris with You.... does this sound compatible I actually dont know why... I chose Quickdraw first but then I rethought and I did In Paris with You.
    I was going to do the same but then I thought sister maude will be better. It's fine as long you made some decent comparisons

ReputationRep:
    I DID SISTER MAUDE WITH NETTLES - is that okay??

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else do sister maude and sonnet 116?

ReputationRep:
    I did Manhunt with Farmer's Bride... Was that a good choice??

ReputationRep:
    IMPORTANT

CAN YOU USE SONNET 116 AND SISTER MAUDE? FOR TRUST
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Will the examiners take any marks of, for not writting a conclusion for the unseen poem, however i put 'In conclusion,' and i ran out of time.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.