Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cuddledumpling)
    Well done and congrats! I would definitely firm Nottingham its by far one of the most prestigious in the UK for law it will really boost your graduate employment chances. You should go and visit them if you can......I personally don't like the Warwick campus and surrounding area very much so I'm a bit biased.
    Thank you Yeah, I too have heard a lot of not-so-nice things about the Warwick campus (especially about the town), so maybe not. I'm gonna visit Leeds in Febuary and compare it to the Nottingham campus (which I really liked). But as at now I'm probably firming Notts

(Original post by crocface)
    If you want to continue to become a Barister/Solicitor I would think Nottingham has the most impressive reputation of the 3. Check this survey out:

http://www.chambersstudent.co.uk/med...university.pdf
    Wow that was pretty detailed. And it helped put things into perspective. Thanks a lot crocface. Nice name by the way

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to:
    Oxford (got an interview)
    Birmingham (unconditional)
    Leicester (unconditional)
    still waiting on KCL, Warwick and Oxfrdddd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vbreak3)
    I've applied to:
    Oxford (got an interview)
    Birmingham (unconditional)
    Leicester (unconditional)
    still waiting on KCL, Warwick and Oxfrdddd
    I want a KCL offer so bad :"( How did you prepare for the LNAT? And how much time did it take you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruby17)
    I want a KCL offer so bad :"( How did you prepare for the LNAT? And how much time did it take you?
    I bought a book on amazon (can't remember the name, but it had a blue cover with a cog on it ) and worked through most of it. Did the same for the essay and used the LNAT simulator. I did that for like 2 weeks before my test.

I swear I was ****ing up in the simulator and questions in the book, always going over time, I was surprised when I finished the actual mutliple choice part of the LNAT 3 minutes early.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vbreak3)
    I bought a book on amazon (can't remember the name, but it had a blue cover with a cog on it ) and worked through most of it. Did the same for the essay and used the LNAT simulator. I did that for like 2 weeks before my test.

I swear I was ****ing up in the simulator and questions in the book, always going over time, I was surprised when I finished the actual mutliple choice part of the LNAT 3 minutes early.
    Oh gosh, I have mine on the 7th and I'm so nervous. I have Mark Shepards book and I've done the practise tests, but I still feel i need crazy more practise as in some tests I'm scoring less and others more. Ill be so glad when its over Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham offers? I'm still waiting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Efoster221)
    Nottingham offers? I'm still waiting
    When did you send your UCAS off? It took about 4 weeks for mine to go to the law school after which I heard 3 weeks later ( they send an email saying the law school have recieved your application and give you a time period of when you'll hear)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyfilmbuff)
    When did you send your UCAS off? It took about 4 weeks for mine to go to the law school after which I heard 3 weeks later ( they send an email saying the law school have recieved your application and give you a time period of when you'll hear)
    November, I've got an email about the lnat saying that people may be gathered and held or something to that effect I think I may be apart of that but not sure Thanks for the reply, you got an offer?

ReputationRep:
    November, I've got an email about the lnat saying that people may be gathered and held or something to that effect I think I may be apart of that but not sure Thanks for the reply, you got an offer?
    Ah ok I sent mine October time. When did you do your LNAT? Yeah I did, it's my first choice

ReputationRep:
    Ah ok I sent mine October time. When did you do your LNAT? Yeah I did, it's my first choice
    November 24th, ahh well done what they offer you grade wise? What did you get last year/predictions?

ReputationRep:
    November 24th, ahh well done what they offer you grade wise? What did you get last year/predictions?
    Oh ok, I shouldn't imagine you'll be waiting much longer so don't worry. Is it your 1st choice? They offered 3As. Last year I got ABBC but there were situations out of my control that affected them. I'm predicted 3A*s this year yourself?

ReputationRep:
    I sent mine off on November 2nd, took LNAT in October and still no offer! I also received that email, I don't think we should be waiting much longer (hopefully)

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok, I shouldn't imagine you'll be waiting much longer so don't worry. Is it your 1st choice? They offered 3As. Last year I got ABBC but there were situations out of my control that affected them. I'm predicted 3A*s this year yourself?
    Debating between them and Leeds, last year I got AABB predicted AAB so unsure about getting an offer but just have to wait and see

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for UCL and Warwick! I know it's only been a month since I sat my LNAT (16th Dec) and nearly two months since I applied (17th Nov) but I'm impatient now... How is everyone else doing?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have law offers for Cambridge??

ReputationRep:
    has anyone got an email from LSE saying that they need four more weeks to reach a decision?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YaYazooGirl)
    Still waiting for UCL and Warwick! I know it's only been a month since I sat my LNAT (16th Dec) and nearly two months since I applied (17th Nov) but I'm impatient now... How is everyone else doing?
    Oh you're doing much better than me and one of my friends! We've applied for the same uni's bar Nottingham/Kings and we've both been rejected from Oxford unconditionals from East Anglia and I have an offer from Nottingham. STILL waiting for Warwick and Bristol and we applied the first week of October. I would stop worrying if I were u!

ReputationRep:
    I did my LNAT in October 5, sent off UCAS on 13th
    still havent heard back from KCL or Warwick...

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting for Warwick... I applied in mid-October, so it's been nearly 3 months.

I've seen other people online get Law offers from there, so I was presuming a rejection (though I'd rather they just tell me than keep me waiting if that's the case), but as I'm clearly not the only one still waiting, I'll try and stay positive.

The annoying thing is that Warwick, as they didn't require the LNAT or interview, has essentially had all the information they need from the beginning. Since I first applied, I prepared for the LNAT, sat the LNAT, got an offer from the LNAT uni (Birmingham), was called for interview at York, sat the interview at York, got an offer from York... while Warwick required no extra steps and still hasn't made a decision.

Waiting is painful.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else have an offer from LSE/ Bristol??

I'm still waiting for Kings and QMUL so to those have offers, when did you get them and when did you apply?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 23, 2016

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.