The Student Room Group

A2 AQA Geography GEOG 3 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TJ_gym
Could they ever ask about how seismic waves helped determine the earths structure?

I don't how you could write at length about just that as the only difference is that S waves travel only though solids and then saying about the time taken between each depths can help build a picture of what elements and materials make up the different depths of the earth.
If they were to ask something like that I think they'll ask something like 'describe the features of seismic waves and explain how they have helped determine the earths structure'
Although not sure how surface waves can be included with that :/
Would really appreciate if they'd just recycle old questions rather than coming up with new weird ones -__-
Would anyone be able to post a link to some decent notes or explain "economic development and change related to urbanisation (world cities)? All I can find on the Internet is copies of the mark scheme for 2013 which isn't proving much help.
Original post by tcameron
Thanks, but I meant the actual content of that essay if something like that would come up and not really the struture

In summary it would be yes would it not? Arguably a tsunami especially in the case of the 2004 Boxing Day Tsunami, the Tsunami was deadly. Took more lives than Mexico and Kobe Combined. Caused more damage, had a wider damage radius (reached Somalia, Sri Lanka ect) Where as earthquakes can be mitigated for far easier. There is no easy way to stop a 20m wave but people can build earthquake proof buildings.
Is anyone going to revise the Volcano case studies considering it came up last year?
Original post by tcameron
Would really appreciate if they'd just recycle old questions rather than coming up with new weird ones -__-

amen
Original post by Luis Suarez
Is anyone going to revise the Volcano case studies considering it came up last year?

Its always worth looking at, but probably not in as much depth.
What is planning and management?
Can it be part of sustainability so waste and transport management ? And the dharavi slum case study management ? I'm a bit confused!
Thanks but why is it andesitic lava though?

if it was at a constructive margin, it would be basaltic.
As destructive margins you get andesitic lava.. its contaminated with other stuff
Original post by Milzy56
yep we did four as well finished in march, i am the only one in my class still revising all 4 really hard but can't bring myself to drop one

I'm the same, just in case a really weird question comes up that I don't want to answer

Im doing two earthquake case studies and just one volcano because at this point i really cant be annoyed with geography lol

It's probably best not to rule anything out, although it is unlikely the same topics will come up, you never know what AQA will do and they may throw it in regardless. :frown: Exams suck
Original post by L1lly
What is planning and management?
Can it be part of sustainability so waste and transport management ? And the dharavi slum case study management ? I'm a bit confused!

My answer to that is yes for all of those
It basically interlinks with your urbanisation case study
Mine in Nairobi for urbanisation but I also have it for planning and management and also for waste management. It should all be credited

Yes, the 40 marker may be on volcanic and seismic events
Even if it's on plate tectonic theory, you need to know the volcanic case studies to justify your points
But I doubt any of the shorter mark questions will be on volcanoes
Thanks for clearing that up!
Reply 1055
Any predictions for tectonics or climate essays?
Is anyone able to share their answer to a short answer question on LDCs in world cities?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What would you include in a 40 marker on sustainability for world cities? Do you guys have any examples or brief notes. I am very confused along with others I have spoken to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by B345
Any predictions for tectonics or climate essays?

look back through the thread theres loads mate
For anyone doing the 25 markers for ecosystems look at the nutrient cycle, i think it could be the source (gersmehl's diagram) hasnt been up yet (7marks)
Structure of an ecosystem (8marks)
Something on tropical biome (10marks)

This is what im thinking, someone else please give an opinion?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending