Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AFC_123456789)
    Stats: Ukcat 670 and what I thought was a decent r and r form. Yet I'm still on hold and someone got an interview with a Ukcat under 600?

Lol ok.
    You do know interview selection is based only on r&r form right? As long as u meet the minimum academic & ukcat criteria your R & R form will be read. It's only when they have a tie in r & r score that ukcat comes into consideration. Hope u hear soon good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Stats: Ukcat 670 and what I thought was a decent r and r form. Yet I'm still on hold and someone got an interview with a Ukcat under 600?

Lol ok.
    It's all about the roles and responsibilities form, ukcat is not used in borderline cases I believe

ReputationRep:
    Cheers lads, I didn't know this! Hope you hear soon too. Is keele anyone else's last chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottemc1234)
    They don't use the ukcat unless it's borderline, interviews are based on the R&R form. So the experiences you've gained. Obviously that person had a really good work experience background. UKCAT is practically irrelevant with Keele unless you're faced with someone who's scored the same on their R&R form. I hope we hear soon as last week when I rang, they said we should all know by Friday of this week!
    By Friday????? 😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱 😱
    Well Monday's gone and Tuesday's almost gone with total silence following a full week of activity from Keele...feels like the calm before the storm! At least our wait will be over by the weekend! It's been a long 4 months.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know if we get paper to do workings on in the maths test at interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhodesmartha246)
    does anyone know if we get paper to do workings on in the maths test at interview?
    Yes, you get a few small sheets with a pencil and a simple calculator

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wombatt)
    Yes, you get a few small sheets with a pencil and a simple calculator
    ah thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephannalee)
    Thought it was 250 out of 500
    I'm currently visiting keele and managed to talk face to face with one of the admissions people , I was told this year ~500 interviews and 170 offers so about 3:1 chance of an offer after interview . Not great odds but hey ho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WALMO)
    I'm currently visiting keele and managed to talk face to face with one of the admissions people , I was told this year ~500 interviews and 170 offers so about 3:1 chance of an offer after interview . Not great odds but hey ho
    how come only 170 this year? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephannalee)
    how come only 170 this year? :/
    Because keele is more of a first choice uni for people so they aren't handing out as many interviews basically

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WALMO)
    Because keele is more of a first choice uni for people so they aren't handing out as many interviews basically
    It makes sense to be honest! I wonder how many offers have gone out? I don't understand how they can send out offers when my application hadn't even been looked at when I last rang! It was one of the last ones yet people have offers/interviews? I think they should review everyone's before handing out offers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WALMO)
    ahh thats really really stressful, was already nervous for getting a place post interview, this makes it worse!!

ReputationRep:
    OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!! Guys, I have just received an interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe this is actually happening. Cannot describe how happy I am! Thank you sooo much for all the tips and motivation you all have given me (and everyone else).
    Email came through @16.41
    Good luck to everyone who's still waiting to hear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sara0928)
    OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!! Guys, I have just received an interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe this is actually happening. Cannot describe how happy I am! Thank you sooo much for all the tips and motivation you all have given me (and everyone else).
    Congrats!!!!!!!

I'm soo happy for you 😁😁😁

ReputationRep:
    Whoooo whoooo!!!!!! So happy for you girl congrats!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just got my interview email now! Omds finally!!!! God is great

ReputationRep:
    Wow!! Well done I'm really pleased for you

ReputationRep:
    Just got my interview email now! Omds finally!!!! God is great
    Congratulations !!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm so happy for you guys but it's driving me insane. I'm losing hope everyday and jumping every time I get an email, it's seriously starting to not only effect my uni work but also my health as I can't sleep! If they can just let me know either way id be grateful. If after all this time it's a rejection I've wasted so much time on the application process I would be really gutted as I don't know what else to do. Is anyone else still waiting? They did tell me last Friday that mine was one of the last ones currently being processed but I'm losing hope with all the other interviews being given out 😔

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottemc1234)
    I'm so happy for you guys but it's driving me insane. I'm losing hope everyday and jumping every time I get an email, it's seriously starting to not only effect my uni work but also my health as I can't sleep! If they can just let me know either way id be grateful. If after all this time it's a rejection I've wasted so much time on the application process I would be really gutted as I don't know what else to do. Is anyone else still waiting? They did tell me last Friday that mine was one of the last ones currently being processed but I'm losing hope with all the other interviews being given out 😔
    I'm still waiting, i'm trying to be positive but the wait is killing me

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.