Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    A sad day, with the silver lining that the condition has been found in time.
    Absolutely. Muamba is right. Life is more important.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper

Third film coming out this year that is based on an Indian cricketer after Azhar and MS Dhoni.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Stokes, Bairstow, Smith, McCullum and Williamson are Wisden's players of the year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    James Taylor has retired because of a serious heart condition. What a shame. No more Nottingham or England for him. Apparently, he has the same heart condition as Muamba had, so it's obviously better safe than sorry on occasions like this. He's such a talent, though. I can't imagine what he's thinking.

He tweeted: “Safe to say this has been the toughest week of my life! My world is upside down. But I’m here to stay and I’m battling on!”

He requires an operation, which will take place in the coming days.
    Was upset to hear about this, since the UAE series he has looked at home on the international stage, certainly would've had a succesful international career but like you've said better safe then sorry, cricket is insignificant compared to life - just a shame it was only discovered after he worked so hard to get back into England setup.

Despite the bad news, it certainly adds more pressure on next few wks of County Championship with a middle order slot and potentially an opening spot available
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by JoJo9)
    Was upset to hear about this, since the UAE series he has looked at home on the international stage, certainly would've had a succesful international career but like you've said better safe then sorry, cricket is insignificant compared to life - just a shame it was only discovered after he worked so hard to get back into England setup.
    It's great it has been caught so early, but I agree.

It's just worth remembering that - usually - the first we hear about these sorts of things is when a player collapses or has some sort of trouble during a match or training session.

It's a shame that umpiring gaffe cost Taylor an international hundred during the opening match of the World Cup last year.

(Original post by JoJo9)
    Despite the bad news, it certainly adds more pressure on next few wks of County Championship with a middle order slot and potentially an opening spot available
    I'd back young Ben Duckett from Northants to play his way into England reckoning sooner rather than later. A remarkable start to the season from him, scoring 280+.

ReputationRep:
    Surely now shikhar dhawan has to be dropped from the indian team.

Bat & Bowl Team Opposition Ground Match Date Scorecard
    6 Sunrisers v KKR Hyderabad (Deccan) 16 Apr 2016 T20
    8 Sunrisers v RCB Bangalore 12 Apr 2016 T20
    13 India v Australia Mohali 27 Mar 2016 T20I # 553
    23 India v Bangladesh Bangalore 23 Mar 2016 T20I # 547
    6 India v Pakistan Kolkata 19 Mar 2016 T20I # 541
    1 India v New Zealand Nagpur 15 Mar 2016 T20I # 535
    73* India v South Africa Mumbai 12 Mar 2016 Other T20
    21 India v West Indies Kolkata 10 Mar 2016 Other T20
    60 India v Bangladesh Dhaka 6 Mar 2016 T20I # 521
    16* India v U.A.E. Dhaka 3 Mar 2016 T20I # 517

only 2 good scores. Worthless player, he plays the ball to close to his body and then gets caught behind

ReputationRep:
    I feel like Shikhar Dhawan, like many of the Indian players, would benefit massively from playing county cricket overseas. It will improve their temperament and their technique in different conditions. Shikhar is just in the worst form of his life, at the moment, and I do think that we should drop him until he finds some confidence again.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Gambhir and Uthappa are such an exciting partnership for KKR, who are the only IPL team to have four Indian batsmen in their top five.

Today was Gambhir's 28th half century in the IPL. That's some going.

I really like the look of the Sunrisers' team, but you can't deny it doesn't lack depth. Once Warner holed out today, they were on a hiding to nothing.

Dhawan is in horrid form, and Morgan isn't doing much better. Both players are clearly shy of confidence, and even though the dismissal of the latter was some exceptional fielding, you have to say that Sunrisers losing wickets cheaply in quick succession hampered their gameplan.

It's hard to be aggressive and on the front foot once wickets tumble.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I really like the look of the Sunrisers' team, but you can't deny it doesn't lack depth.
    It took me ages to work out the double negatives in this one
    But I'm still not sure, as you're basically saying "can't say it lacks depth", but that agrees with the first part so then you wouldn't have the 'but' there. Hence, I'm pretty sure you meant "can't say it doesn't lack depth", but then why do you like the look of the team
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Herath retires from T20s and ODIs. Will always remember that 5 for 3 he racked up against NZ at the World T20 in 2014. A really effective player.

ReputationRep:
    Chris Gayle with another lowvscore, but again, Kohli and AB save the day for RCB.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I wonder which helmet Cook will wear...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    So, Cook has bowed to the ECB and started wearing their approved helmet... and he gets dismissed for one after facing just five balls at Sussex!

He had worn the old design during his ton against Gloucestershire last week before receiving stern words from the board.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Well, well, well.

Pakistan want to offer a controversial recall to Salman Butt for their forthcoming tour of England, but it looks like the UK Home Office will block the move: http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan...ry/999979.html

ReputationRep:
    Butt making a return - he's hardly performing so well to be considered. But by allowing Amir back, the other two will want a similiar path back but not keen on their return having only recently accepted guilt.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Excellent knock from Bairstow, to celebrate his Wisden accolade. Fair enough, Hampshire are depleted and have a practically non-existent bowling attack, but Yorkshire are firmly in control and will surely retain the County Championship if they can maintain this form.

ReputationRep:

incredible
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Real shame about Mark Wood's injury - eight weeks out - but Finn has reacted really well against Warwickshire and is more than forcing the selection issue.

ReputationRep:
    Excellent knock from Bairstow, to celebrate his Wisden accolade. Fair enough, Hampshire are depleted and have a practically non-existent bowling attack, but Yorkshire are firmly in control and will surely retain the County Championship if they can maintain this form.
    Not the only double century so far.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Go on Trotty! Him and Robson both firing, while Cook makes 1 and Compton makes 6. I look forward to hearing the debates as to who should open this summer...

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.