The Student Room Group

Edexcel S2 - 27th June 2016 AM

Scroll to see replies

Surely I'm not the only one who thought this paper was easier than last year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tizzydag
lol dw u may lose 3/4 max.

yeh thats alright !
How many marks would I lose for using n instead of 0.2n in my working even though I stated 0.2n was the mean? I did all the right working but as a result, got the wrong answer :frown: biggest silly mistake ever
Reply 1043
I got 1/12 Pi ??
Anyone?
Need help someone. For the 8 marker, Q6, I got np = 0.02n and npq = root 4/25^2
So I used these values for the whole question! And obviously couldn't find the right answer.
I however used the correct method to work out the "answer" just with the wrong values at the start.
Anyone know what I could get out of 8?

Thanks pls respond :frown:
Original post by iMacJack
Surely I'm not the only one who thought this paper was easier than last year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, it was a straight forward paper.
There were few tricks like usual, but still straight forward tricks :biggrin:

For Q1 part b) did we have to say Mean and Variance are approximately equal?
Reply 1046
Original post by exclamationmark
How many marks would I lose for using n instead of 0.2n in my working even though I stated 0.2n was the mean? I did all the right working but as a result, got the wrong answer :frown: biggest silly mistake ever

That would have detrimental effects i'd say you got the first 2 or 3 marks max for getting to that stage and nothing on the rest?

Sorry to burst your bubble
What marks for 100ums?
Does anyone got the model answer for the paper done today
Reply 1049
Original post by 979797
49 pi

you ****

Looks like the pie wasn't shared evenly, some people got 151/3. WHAT THE FOK LAD?
Reply 1050
Original post by avi haria
Does anyone got the model answer for the paper done today

if you go back to page like 35 there is people putting all their answers. As for an unofficial mark scheme it wont be until probably tomorrow or the day after.
Original post by AlexFrangos
Anyone who did S2 IAL?

I did!! wanna discuss the answers?
Original post by fefssdf
for K you had to use the fact that F(3) = 1, and that F(2)= 0 so then you ended up with two equations in terms of a,b, and K, and then you used these to isolate out K on its own and then just solved for it ? so K was 1/9

You could've also used the fact that the area of the pdf is equal to 1 for the simultaneous equation, I got 1/9 too.
Original post by SugarCoatedCart
You could've also used the fact that the area of the pdf is equal to 1 for the simultaneous equation, I got 1/9 too.

ohh yeh
Original post by Honey badger123
What marks for 100ums?

Pretty sure its never been below 75 for 100
Original post by SugarCoatedCart

Well yeah that's the same thing... if the area of the pdf is 1 you're integrating to get the cdf between 3 and 2 which is F(3) - F(2) = 1
Anyone with the model answers for the ial s2 paper
can't think of anything i got wrong (perhaps 6 part c i put 57 instead of 56) otherwise everything i put down was the same as people i have spoken to.

So i think minimum 72/75 (including random mistakes)

any ideas on grade boundaries?
Original post by dnpnstn
4 marks

I'd guess one for using E(R) to find E(A), two for finding E(R^2), one for accuracy of the answer

You get nothing for using E(R) . Don't lie to yourself.
I thought the paper was quite tough.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending