Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Of all the countries... Australia's vocals, Russia's performance, Belgium's dancing... ****ing ANY OTHER COUNTRY

ANY

OTHER

COUNTRY

but no
    Ukraine

the lady sounded like an Arab woman crying after she found out her husband was cheating mkay it wasn't appealing at all and I wanted to die during that performance like wtf
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    If it had been 100% public vote, we'd be off to Moscow.

If it had been 100% jury, we'd be off to the outback.

But it's 50/50 and we're off to Kiev. Make of that what you will. :beard:

ReputationRep:
    I'm so happy Ukraine won! And that new voting system was amazing, so intense.

ReputationRep:
    So guys, what political statement are we gonna make with our song next year so we might actually have a chance of winning (or at least finishing in the top half)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And why the **** would any sane person vote for the epilepsy triggering 'performance' Georgia put on...

are we ok?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by The Epicurean)
    Germany came last as I predicted, and have overtaken us to be Europe's most hated Israel done surprisingly well. Wanted Australia to win, but watch Ukraine and Russia battle it out was exciting.
    I remember them winning the year they bailed everybody out.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Aph)
    And a dismal end for us after all the hype.
    What hype? The UK were always going to do badly after we chose such an ugh song.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    With Australia failing to win, the Brexit vote just went up by ten percentage points
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by smartalan73)
    So guys, what political statement are we gonna make with our song next year so we might actually have a chance of winning (or at least finishing in the top half)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Something something EU referendum, something something we're buggering off and/or sticking around?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    And why the **** would any sane person vote for the epilepsy triggering 'performance' Georgia put on...

are we ok?
    Haha. I can't figure that one out. I'm trying to think maybe there was some political reason (one that I can't yet think of )
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    oops yes i forgot about that, even so, i'm diSSAPPOINTED IN EVERYONE WHO VOTED UKRAINE
    I agree. It was annoying and not a good song.

But I like the new voting system.

ReputationRep:
    Suchhh bulllll, if the UK votes to leave, this will be the reason yes

(Original post by The Financier)
    With Australia failing to win, the Brexit vote just went up by ten percentage points

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Epicurean)
    Haha. I can't figure that one out. I'm trying to think maybe there was some political reason (one that I can't yet think of )
    Maybe they were blinded by all the bright lights and clicked the wrong button

ReputationRep:
    This is deffo worth leaving the EU for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smartalan73)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Left the EU

Hence us being hated by the ******** countries. The jury system voted for the song, it was catchy better than our last few we sent in past years

*******s

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Im actually heartbroken

ReputationRep:
    I picked a crap year to watch my first Eurovision.

Wish I saw this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    Something something EU referendum, something something we're buggering off and/or sticking around?
    Should've done that this year, some song that not so subtly implied that we'd leave the EU if we didn't win!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    This is deffo worth leaving the EU for
    True

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    How does Oz qualify exactly anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.