Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    did anyone hear back from greenhill?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by torres657)
    is it for FT role?
    No I applied for a summer role.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olly_price)
    No I applied for a summer role.
    but in their website opening date for SA London is 12th September

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bolt16)
    did anyone hear back from greenhill?
    No have you?

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone hope the summer's going well Are the Citi SA positions only in North America, are there not any in EMEA?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apriori1234)
    Hey everyone hope the summer's going well Are the Citi SA positions only in North America, are there not any in EMEA?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes there will be. It's only August guys. Most banks don't even open until September.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by econibpe)
    I was only recently introduced to the contact and I haven't even approached him yet. I was asking to find out how much to realistically expect - chill with the hostility mate.
    there´s zero hostility dude, the last thing I have time for. Just don´t really see the point of you asking if you know more about it than the people you are asking.

Good luck with the family friend you just met, hopefully GS IBD in NY

ReputationRep:
    These DB work experience questions. Wtaf.

Edit: OMG there's more general questions nearer the end. DB can go f**k themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JimbobJam)

Edit: OMG there's more general questions nearer the end. DB can go f**k themselves.
    I love this

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JimbobJam)

Hahaha, I would say the formatting of the application form annoyed me more than the WE questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dante991)
    Hahaha, I would say the formatting of the application form annoyed me more than the WE questions
    the interface is so poor, shameful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by econibpe)
    My contact is an MD, does this make things much better?
    Speaking from my own experience and the networking I've done, MD's aren't going to have much of an impact on who's being recruited for SA. You're better off networking with analysts or associates.

ReputationRep:
    first round for Lehman, anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gsbs2)
    Looooooooooooooooooooooooooool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gsbs2)
    Got a first round from Bear coming up in two weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No have you?
    no nothing yet

ReputationRep:
    Anyone done the numerical for DB yet?

ReputationRep:
    For those asking about the Greenhill applicant process - this is from an article posted two days ago by a recent intern.

"
    The Greenhill application process is fairly straightforward, starting from filing an online application form and then taking the standard internet based quantitative test. After the test, if successful at this stage, candidates will be invited to have a phone interview with The Recruiter. The questions are fairly standard and mainly involve understanding your desire to join the industry and your personal story. The next stage will be a face to face interview with The Recruiter, whether at the offices or through video conferencing, and will include slightly more technical focused questions. The final stage of the interview, is the first time that the candidate will meet with Greenhill staff. The structure may have changed slightly since I interviewed, but it involved around 3-4 fairly short 20 minute interviews with Associates, VPs and above. The questions are very interviewer dependent but generally cover fit, background and may touch upon technical knowledge.
    "

'The Recruiter' being Freshminds

ReputationRep:
    Anyone done the numerical for DB yet?
    in the past, I think it is the same provider as CS's one

ReputationRep:
    For those asking about the Greenhill applicant process - this is from an article posted two days ago by a recent intern.

"
    The Greenhill application process is fairly straightforward, starting from filing an online application form and then taking the standard internet based quantitative test. After the test, if successful at this stage, candidates will be invited to have a phone interview with The Recruiter. The questions are fairly standard and mainly involve understanding your desire to join the industry and your personal story. The next stage will be a face to face interview with The Recruiter, whether at the offices or through video conferencing, and will include slightly more technical focused questions. The final stage of the interview, is the first time that the candidate will meet with Greenhill staff. The structure may have changed slightly since I interviewed, but it involved around 3-4 fairly short 20 minute interviews with Associates, VPs and above. The questions are very interviewer dependent but generally cover fit, background and may touch upon technical knowledge.
    "

'The Recruiter' being Freshminds
    cheers

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.