Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsalx)
    Where are predictions for the calculator paper taking these questions into consideration??
    Should be up on OnMaths/MathsGenie sometime soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YAY GCSE)
    What were questions 8,9 and 10 because they arent on here
    Working on it. 8 is here now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethanyjx)
    If I got around 70-80 what will I need for an A* in the next paper think i got about 82 if im lûcky
    i'd suppose if you picked up 5-10 more marks you'd be fine but if you were lucky then just do the same in the next and you''l be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GKT)
    Are these questions below foundation or higher? ?
    Higher.

ReputationRep:
    So... the last question. I think there were multiple ways to answer it and from what I have seen, nobody appears to have done it like me on this thread. Although my maths teacher said that I was correct and my friend got the same as me in the exam so I really don't know. I ended up with 1/4 - ((root(1/6)) / 6). Anyone else get similar and how did you go about it? I used the areas. I know it was only 3 marks but just for the bants.

ReputationRep:
    The first question for the volume of a prison I'm sure was 3 marks not 2? Easiest 2/3 marks ever!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caitlin_po)
    i think that's roughly correct
    I'm pretty sure they are lower than that. If not, I'm screwed!

ReputationRep:
    GUYS PLS READ i got the correct coordinates for Q but i accidently wrote it in the wrong way round!! i wrote -2, -3 do you think my examiner will give me the mark? it was an ACCIDENT ;-;

ReputationRep:
    for one of the questions the answer was 7/5 but i simplified down to 1.4 can I still get the mark for this?

ReputationRep:
    For the floor vanishing question was it 7.5 x 5 = 35.5 ?? I got 35.5 and said it wasn't enough

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blessingmariee)
    Midpoint. I am so confused as to how that is the answer and not 3,4.75?
    Because you are trying to find the midpoint not Q... I think!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethanyjx)
    For the question about the tiles I did a completely different method that everyone I've spoke to and came to the conclusion that :
    No. because she has enough to cover 37.5m^2 but needs to cover 50m^2 so she's 12.5m^2 short
    DID ANYONE GET ANYTHING SIMILAR // know if I will get any marks? I was pretty confident on that question lol
    lol, that's what i put too im sure we would at least get full method marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LogicalFallacy)
    25(4-π) maybe?
    It does, however you don't need to apparently according to that teachers unofficial mark scheme.

ReputationRep:
    Is it okay that i wrote 100TT cm^2 - TT25 cm^2 instead of 100TT cm^2 -25 TTcm^2

ReputationRep:
    And I thought this was meant to be in a %age of the entire £800 and not just the rent though i probably just misread lol
    Spoiler:
    Show

Question 11(?). What percent of his total spending is his rent now?
    Answer is 36%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyson12302)
    Apparently its T = 5x + 20y.
    I think i put T = x + 4y, which is the simplified form of 5x + 20y. Is that wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iMacJack)
    I did not sit the paper - I will need the question information to be able to give you an answer.
    Give me answer to the following question
    Workout total number of teachers when the probability for female teacher is 3/5 and there are 36 male teachers? It would be my pleasure if u do that

ReputationRep:
    I got 38 in the paper (round about) lol I am going to fail 😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alicerose.j)
    How were we meant to do the distribution of the box plots question? I basically filled the whole space with writing, comparing range, IQ range and median. Were we supposed to work anything out??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You got the right points
    You literally just have to write:
    • range is greater for 18 year olds than 16 year olds
    • interquartile range ""
    • median is lower for 16 year olds than 18 year olds

ReputationRep:
    how many marks would you say for a bare minimum C guys?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.