Turn on thread page Beta

Fantasy Football League 2007/08 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've made a little bit of progress up to 34th - that's just the way I like it too; climbing quietly and steadily. No need to go crazy and run off just yet - I'm quite happy to let you guys do that for now. :p: Long, long way to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil_zak)
    OMG guess what Anneka your joined 10th with me but none of my players have played so...:p: I hope my players perform and get me to top 3 where I belong
    :laugh: Exactly! I'm 10th by pure coincidence and complete fluke.

(Original post by Hubert Poo)
    I've made a little bit of progress up to 34th - that's just the way I like it too; climbing quietly and steadily. No need to go crazy and run off just yet - I'm quite happy to let you guys do that for now. :p: Long, long way to go.
    Very true. ;yes;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    I have a similar view. I don't expect to be top because I don't watch enough of the Premiership to know of any hidden gems within the fantasy league.

ReputationRep:
    I just hope Tevez does the job and get me as much as Gerrard did last gameweek , if he does that I should be okay and hope my GK and defenders all keep clean sheet

Lets just say im very optimistic

ReputationRep:
    I am joint third and have 7 guys left to go tomorrow, and then will scramble Persie back into my team, or Cesc. DECISIONS!!

I'm comfortable with things right now, though. I'm hoping to stay with the pack early on, no need for haste.

ReputationRep:
    Im only on 42 points, have 10 players playing today so if i get some good results then ill be back with a chance, only the start tho plenty of time to go

ReputationRep:
    Tevez has gone up 0.2m now. Im pleased with that seeing as I got him in for 8.5 2 days ago. A whole host of midfielders have dropped 0.1m now.

ReputationRep:
    My Little Brother is 78TH IN THE WHOLE COMPETITION. He should savour the moment because after gameweek 2 is over he's gonna be a lot lower than that.

ReputationRep:
    Tevez - up 0.2? Thats ridiculous.

We'll see if he lives upto it tonight - If he plays well, i'll be straight on the computer swapping him for Johnson before Tevez moves upto 9.0 or something!

ReputationRep:
    It is ridiculous, but it's obvious why he's gone up when you see that his transfers in is over 55,000.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lfc4life)
    It is ridiculous, but it's obvious why he's gone up when you see that his transfers in is over 55,000.
    Yeah, true. However it's a huge assumption by 55,000 people. As it's his first game with a new team. Secondly, looking back at last season he wasn't all that with West Ham with the exception of the last three games where he really excelled and played well. Not really the most consistent of players. I could be proved wrong today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR 51NGH)
    Yeah, true. However it's a huge assumption by 55,000 people. As it's his first game with a new team. Secondly, looking back at last season he wasn't all that with West Ham with the exception of the last three games where he really excelled and played well. Not really the most consistent of players. I could be proved wrong today.

Last nine games really- 7 of which they won mainly thanks to Tevez.

ReputationRep:
    with the talks of faye (bolton) now going to newcastle, will he play tonight do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    with the talks of faye (bolton) now going to newcastle, will he play tonight do you think?
    Its too late to change him either way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    Its too late to change him either way.
    yeh just wondering really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    crap, I brought him in and Terry is still out so he better do.

ReputationRep:
    imo ANY playing Manchester United striker at 8.5 is a bargain. Better to take a risk and buy him now than when he's .5 more expensive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spamking)
    imo ANY playing Manchester United striker at 8.5 is a bargain. Better to take a risk and buy him now than when he's .5 more expensive.
    Even bettter when you buy him for 8.5m hours before he rises to 8.7m.

ReputationRep:
    Even bettter when you buy him for 8.5m hours before he rises to 8.7m.
    Yeah, hopefully he scores tonight which will probably mean 8.8 by the end of the GW. I hope Gilberto goes down again, I plan to get him as soon as he's fit.

ReputationRep:
    Should I swap Johnson (Everton) for Tevez ? - I know it's too late to make an effect now.

I've also got Toress upfront, but i'm keeping him until next week, to see how he plays.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 6, 2008
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.