The Current Year 12 thread 2016-2017

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jp14utd)
    Yeah I know it sounds bad
    It's mostly down to Further Maths and the fact that my school forces me to take five AS subjects because of it. But hopefully I can convince them to let me drop Spanish (which I despise despite loving it in GCSE)
    I'm doing FM too and an EPQ so yh :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamza772000)
    I'm doing FM too and an EPQ so yh :/
    Oh yeah how is EPQ? Think I'm picking it up later down the school year

ReputationRep:
    Still, 22 frees... I would get so bored tbh
    Our frees are quite from it; we aren't allowed to leave school bar for break and lunch and thus we are expected to use our so called "frees" as "private study" in which we are expected to revise, seek help from teachers, and complete homework. In reality, there has never been such a period where I have not studied.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah how is EPQ? Think I'm picking it up later down the school year
    Had my first lesson on Tuesday, seems boring for me :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hxfsxh)
    Our frees are quite from it; we aren't allowed to leave school bar for break and lunch and thus we are expected to use our so called "frees" as "private study" in which we are expected to revise, seek help from teachers, and complete homework. In reality, there has never been such a period where I have not studied.
    Ah fair enough, I mostly use my frees to relax because I feel like I can barely catch a break with the amount of lessons I have per day

ReputationRep:
    Had my first lesson on Tuesday, seems boring for me :/
    Yeah I've been told by my friends who have started it that it's not the most exciting way to spend their free time on but I feel like I need everything I can get for UCAS points

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've been told by my friends who have started it that it's not the most exciting way to spend their free time on but I feel like I need everything I can get for UCAS points
    True, I think I'm gonna do it about "The History of Mathematics" :/

ReputationRep:
    True, I think I'm gonna do it about "The History of Mathematics" :/
    Ah well, good luck anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Ah well, good luck anyway!
    Thanks, will be needing loads of that You too!

ReputationRep:
    Ah fair enough, I mostly use my frees to relax because I feel like I can barely catch a break with the amount of lessons I have per day
    Yeah fair enough, I mean 4 frees; take advantage of it

ReputationRep:
    [i][b]-
    Santan Dave (who btw has a new EP out that I would highly recommend).
    This

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm Jade.
    I enjoy ice skating and go every week, I am taking German, Mathematics, Computer Science and Physics.
    My favourite subjects are Maths and Coding and Astronomy.
    I think I'm the future I would like to go into astronomy or computing, both would be amazing, I really love space, maybe I'll program the mission to mars, you never know. ^-^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XLittleSparrowX)
    Good, thanks, really fun! I was settling in well until I got bronchitis

Yourself?
    Good, but tiring Wbu?
    It's good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdeptDz)
    This
    Right? Can't believe he's only a year older than us

ReputationRep:
    hey guys...I think I've posted on here like twice since school began oops
    is anyone else finding aqa chemistry hard? like super duper incredibly hard? my teachers are going through the topics really quickly and it's stressing us all out
    I'm finding edexcel snab biology, aqa french and (i think aqa?) maths fine so far, it's just chem that's killing me slowly!

edit: I have 14 frees per fortnight. we're not allowed to leave during them but we can leave during lunch. after half term we can leave at lunch if we don't have any lessons after it. I normally spend my frees doing homework or relaxing~

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm *withholds name in fear of people from school finding me*

I play the violin and did my Grade 7 in May (in 5 orchestras - feel free to lol @ my geeky life) I got 11A* and an A^/A** in Further Maths at GCSE, but I swear its just because i have a photographic memory!

Im taking Chemistry, Biology, Maths and English Literature, and I think at the moment my favs are Chem and bio they're super interesting!

I'm hoping to become a doctor and study medicine at uni (liking the look of UCL, Imperial and Cambridge atm although i keep changing my mind!). Hopefully my A levels turn out as well as my GCSEs, and I can get some good work experience which is SO hard to find and I'll get a place (fingers crossed!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tea2345)
    Hey I'm *withholds name in fear of people from school finding me*

I play the violin and did my Grade 7 in May (in 5 orchestras - feel free to lol @ my geeky life) I got 11A* and an A^/A** in Further Maths at GCSE, but I swear its just because i have a photographic memory!

Im taking Chemistry, Biology, Maths and English Literature, and I think at the moment my favs are Chem and bio they're super interesting!

I'm hoping to become a doctor and study medicine at uni (liking the look of UCL, Imperial and Cambridge atm although i keep changing my mind!). Hopefully my A levels turn out as well as my GCSEs, and I can get some good work experience which is SO hard to find and I'll get a place (fingers crossed!)
    omg I got 11A* (one of them in further maths) and 2A and saaame I just have a good memory so I crammed like the night before each exam
    good luck with your studies!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icy_typhoon)
    omg I got 11A* (one of them in further maths) and 2A and saaame I just have a good memory so I crammed like the night before each exam
    good luck with your studies!
    well done!! hahaha my memory isn't that good, literally revised for months and made revision cards for EVERYTHING like i now have piles just sat in my room because i can't bring myself to throw them away lol so tragic

ReputationRep:
    Right? Can't believe he's only a year older than us
    Yep, Jkyl + Hyde is still my favourite

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to Cambridge masterclass soon? I booked for Chemistry :awesome:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.