Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    1. Two unsucessfuls so far,one interview coming up and not heard from the other two universities.The way its going looks like i be entering UCAS extra again next year and trying to gain a place that way ah well.At least i will be receiving feedback from the two universities i didnt get into

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiningmer)
    Ah I hope so. I really hope we get to go to our top choices next year.

I got an offer for York too 17 in my High School Diploma and at least 6.5 in IELTS, I actually thought it would be lower since that's what they asked for Warwick and Nottingham but it's an offer nonetheless. :woo: I'll definitely have to work harder but I really think I can make it :p:

Awww, I'm so happy for you! :woo: It's strange that they made you a high offer (like Sheffield did for me) and mine was so low though... :rolleyes: Didn't you take your IELTS yet? I already took mien so I had this out of the way, however Glasgow still gave me conditions for the IELTS :rolleyes: But I heard that is quite usual, they just didn't check yet.
    Is Notingham your top choice? I don't even know which mine is, I like all of my choices :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer from Sheffield. The conditions are that I must achieve grade 6 in my overall diploma and 6 in mathematics and a science subject. Guess what's the maximum possible grade. The chances of anyone achieving this are dangerously close to zero. I don't really think those guys know how the Bulgarian system works...

ReputationRep:
    I sent off my application today, but I am an international student, so I have to wait longer for the welcome letter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterflyleg)
    I sent off my application today, but I am an international student, so I have to wait longer for the welcome letter?
    My welcome letter took exactly a week to arrive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FieldLeftBlank)
    I have an offer from Sheffield. The conditions are that I must achieve grade 6 in my overall diploma and 6 in mathematics and a science subject. Guess what's the maximum possible grade. The chances of anyone achieving this are dangerously close to zero. I don't really think those guys know how the Bulgarian system works...

They probably don't! I had already thought that my offer was unusually high (more like AAA, although they ask for AAB ). So my studying Politics in Sheffield might actually not work out, because of my Biology grade Then they're second condition was 10 of 15 points in Mathematics I'd never get that average if I only have a 10 Math! I think that's another hint that they don't really know the system

I don't know what the entry requirements but if they are AAB I'd email them (that's what shinigmer suggested only a few posts above though but I think I don't have the guts to do so... :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I hope I won't wait longer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la_mariposa)
    Awww, I'm so happy for you! :woo: It's strange that they made you a high offer (like Sheffield did for me) and mine was so low though... :rolleyes: Didn't you take your IELTS yet? I already took mien so I had this out of the way, however Glasgow still gave me conditions for the IELTS :rolleyes: But I heard that is quite usual, they just didn't check yet.
    Is Notingham your top choice? I don't even know which mine is, I like all of my choices :eek3:
    No I haven't taken the IELTS yet... I'm thinking of doing it in April though.
    Yep my top is Nottingham, although when I applied it was Warwick. It has always been Warwick but I researched Nott and I fell in love with it. Plus I think I have lower chances of getting into Warwick so I rather not be too disappointed... I'm still thinking about what I would do if I got an offer for Nott and Warwick for Economics, Politics and International Studies because I really liked that course but they on't have it in Nottingham
    Anyway, as long as I have an offer I'm good. At least now I know what I'm working towards and even if york is my last choice I would still be completely thrilled to go there :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la_mariposa)
    They probably don't! I had already thought that my offer was unusually high (more like AAA, although they ask for AAB ). So my studying Politics in Sheffield might actually not work out, because of my Biology grade Then they're second condition was 10 of 15 points in Mathematics I'd never get that average if I only have a 10 Math! I think that's another hint that they don't really know the system

I don't know what the entry requirements but if they are AAB I'd email them (that's what shinigmer suggested only a few posts above though but I think I don't have the guts to do so... :rolleyes: )
    Well... the thing is, we have 2 state exams at the end of this year, one in Bulgarian Language Literature and one we choose ourselves. The main problem is the first one. 30% of the exam mark is comprised of a composition (more like an analysis) based on a certain literary work. One out of about 110. Which, as you can see, is simply cruel. And the only way to get the maximum grade in your diploma is to get more than 95% in that exam. You can see my point now

ReputationRep:
    One week in and I've developed a nervous twitch to go with the compulsive checking of Track - even at unreasonable hours.

I'm not sure I'm going to make it gang XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    Are you applying through a school or college? Because if so then the application will have gone to your tutor to complete the reference. Then he/she sends it off.
    Yes. I saw her send it to ucas WITH the refrence.

ReputationRep:

Your application has been processed by UCAS. You will be sent a welcome letter and will then be able to log in to Track, which allows you to check the progress of your application. You will need your Personal ID number and the username and password you used when making your application.

:awesome:

OMG IM ON TRACK LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)

Your application has been processed by UCAS. You will be sent a welcome letter and will then be able to log in to Track, which allows you to check the progress of your application. You will need your Personal ID number and the username and password you used when making your application.

:awesome:
    Good times! My status has been like that since Friday, and I haven't been able to log into track until today. Said it couldn't identify my email address when I tried the 'forgot ID' function. But it's all fine now! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sakuj0)
    Good times! My status has been like that since Friday, and I haven't been able to log into track until today. Said it couldn't identify my email address when I tried the 'forgot ID' function. But it's all fine now! :awesome:
    :dances: We shall obsess over track!!!

ReputationRep:
    OMG I AM ON TRACK NAO TOO omg yay, I will actually live on that now untill I get some news!

ReputationRep:
    welcome to track addicts anonomous....

ReputationRep:
    i can log onto Track and i havent received my welcome pack yet my application was processed yesterday and all it says now your application has been sent for consideration so just the waiting now lol

ReputationRep:
    Guys, dont worry about the lack of acknowledgments; i got my offer from bath before i got any contact from them. I was originally stressing when i heard other applicants had interviews and i didnt even have an acknowledgment. In the end it turned out fine and i got an Offer without having to go down.
    Good luck every1!

ReputationRep:
    Do universities give out offers at the weekend? Not that someone saying no will stop me compulsively checking every hour =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterflyleg)
    Nope it takes about a week. It comes in air mail so it's really quick.

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.