Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    My insurance is AAB too (Nottingham)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Backslash)
    Perhaps spending less time on TSR and more time revising will mean that it doesn't matter where we pick as an insurance! Haha
    Haha! :grin: Definitely! Except I just can't resist the urge to log in these days..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Backslash)
    I got rejected by Durham today...! But at least I can FINALLY firm Oxford! What is everyone else putting for their insurance (if you don't have an unconditional)?
    UCL! I am a bit worried about having it as my insurance though, cos I probably won't get accomodation for the first month or so if I go there. I live close enough to cope with living at home for a bit but I don't want to miss out on all the freshers bonding!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pieceofheaven)
    Hi guys! quick question for the medics - when you apply for student finance, does your course code come up as BMBS and Medical Sciences? because that's what mine said on the letter, even though it was different on the website /: quote me if you reply!

on a more general note... yaaaaaaay oxford x

Hey fellow medic yup on my online finance account the course says MEDICAL SCIENCES and the qualification says BMBS, hope i've helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frankie)
    Hey fellow medic yup on my online finance account the course says MEDICAL SCIENCES and the qualification says BMBS, hope i've helped
    Thanks so much ive just sent off the confirmation form now....ahhh !
    What college are you going to be at? Even though we all have lectures together

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pieceofheaven)
    Thanks so much ive just sent off the confirmation form now....ahhh !
    What college are you going to be at? Even though we all have lectures together
    No problem I'm just waiting for my parents to send my evidence, the system is being daft with my mums account so she's doing it by paper
    I'm going to be at Christ Church, I cant wait!!! where are you going to be at?
    Yeahh I like that fact, although there are only about 150 medics so its not surprisingly really :P but it means we'll all get to mix even if we're from different colleges
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frankie)
    No problem I'm just waiting for my parents to send my evidence, the system is being daft with my mums account so she's doing it by paper
    I'm going to be at Christ Church, I cant wait!!! where are you going to be at?
    Yeahh I like that fact, although there are only about 150 medics so its not surprisingly really :P but it means we'll all get to mix even if we're from different colleges
    Another ChCher

Hello thar!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04ghicks)
    Another ChCher

Hello thar!
    Helloooo!!! what are you going to be studying??

Are you looking forward to going up to Oxford in october??

ReputationRep:
    anyone else getting excitedd??

ReputationRep:
    i want to put endinburgh as my insurance, even though my offer from there is harder (AAA including either Portuguese of French- Ox just said AAA... I do 2 other subjects)

Although it's really risky its the only other place i want to go.

I also have an UEA AAB offer (excluding portuguese)......... but I'd probably reapply if I had to go there.

I guess it would mean if I got A*A*BB or A*ABB there'd be two unis that might take me.

Is this stupid?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoose)
    anyone else getting excitedd??
    Hey, another St. John's-ian! Did you also recently receive an intimidating reading list and pre-going up essay?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone!

Completly late in finding this thread! Chemistry at Somerville Got my letter on Christmas Eve, best Christmas present ever!

Any other Chemists/Somervillians out there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel*)
    Hi Everyone!

Completly late in finding this thread! Chemistry at Somerville Got my letter on Christmas Eve, best Christmas present ever!

I'm a Chemist! Worcester hopefully
    Excited??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoodlie)
    I'm a Chemist! Worcester hopefully
    Excited??
    Yay! Hello Yes I am! Are you?

ReputationRep:
    Yay! Hello Yes I am! Are you?
    Very Just want to get exams out the way now! Do you know anyone else doing chemistry (at Oxford)?

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait for autumn! Do chemists get reading lists? They do have examples of books you could read, but they don't really say "Read this! (or else...)". Maybe that's for the good of all of us, seeing as those books cover pretty much the first three years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoodlie)
    Very Just want to get exams out the way now! Do you know anyone else doing chemistry (at Oxford)?
    Yeah same here! Nope, I've been trying to find people I met at interview but I'm not having much luck. The only other person I know doing chemistry is a girl at my school and she's going to Scotland. Anyone you know?

And I'm not sure about the reading lists.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same here! Nope, I've been trying to find people I met at interview but I'm not having much luck. The only other person I know doing chemistry is a girl at my school and she's going to Scotland. Anyone you know?

And I'm not sure about the reading lists.
    I know 2 girls who also got in to Worcester, and 1 who is probably going to St John's, but I'm sure we'll all get to know each other pretty soon once we get there

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone!

Chemist St. Annes

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone!

Chemist here (Univ)!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.