The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1060
Original post by minniiee
but somethings that you count as junk food are not neccesariyl junk food

for example would you eat a burger if you made it yourself
(like verything except the bread maybe?

That's fine. As long as it isn't junk and I don't exceed my daily intake, its healthy :yep:

I've developed an addiction for avocado's, beetroot and baby spinach lately :colone:
Original post by Akkuz
That's fine. As long as it isn't junk and I don't exceed my daily intake, its healthy :yep:

I've developed an addiction for avocado's, beetroot and baby spinach lately :colone:

avocados are disgusting

and you've set yourself a daily intake?
of what?
Reply 1062
Lindt is amazing but nothing beats Ferroro Rocher... :coma:

i knooooooooww
i told my mum she has to have the house full of gazoz and gofrets when i get back from franceland hahha

so what are you/arent you eating?

It must be hard to find Turkish food there. :sad:
if we're talking american surely its all about the hersheys?

Hearsheys maybe is the most famous American chocolate, but that does not mean its very good. Its actually got some weird chocolate wannabe flavor I think. Yeah for American, Ghirardeli is way better.
Reply 1064
avocados are disgusting

and you've set yourself a daily intake?
of what?

Avocado's are heaven! :sogood:

Calculate BMR (Basic Metabolic Rate) using an online calculator. That'll tell you how many calories you need to consume per day to maintain your weight.

And as I;m in my final year, I can't find much time to hit the gym, so nutrition is paramount.
Original post by Mr.Messy
Lindt is amazing but nothing beats Ferroro Rocher... :coma:

It must be hard to find Turkish food there. :sad:

theres quite a lot of kebab shops but ive not seen nout else
and i refuse to eat kebab unless im in turkey

Original post by Zebracolors
Hearsheys maybe is the most famous American chocolate, but that does not mean its very good. Its actually got some weird chocolate wannabe flavor I think. Yeah for American, Ghirardeli is way better.

oh i like hersheys
my mum brought me a massive slab of dark choclate hersheys and this wee white chocolate one with like lil crunchy choclate balls in it
it was soooooo yummy :smile:
Original post by Akkuz
Avocado's are heaven! :sogood:

Calculate BMR (Basic Metabolic Rate) using an online calculator. That'll tell you how many calories you need to consume per day to maintain your weight.

And as I;m in my final year, I can't find much time to hit the gym, so nutrition is paramount.

eurghh noo
its like the one veg i dont eat
even though technically its a fruit but you knw what i mean
fair doos im one of those people that doesnt do much exercise if any and eats what they want but still stays the same
all though what i want tends to be healthy so i guess thats why...
Reply 1066
theres quite a lot of kebab shops but ive not seen nout else
and i refuse to eat kebab unless im in turkey

I guess you don't eat much kebab then. :P
Kebab in London is fine tbh all the same.
But whenever I'm in Istanbul I have to have iskender kebab. om nom nom :colone:
Original post by Mr.Messy
I guess you don't eat much kebab then. :P
Kebab in London is fine tbh all the same.
But whenever I'm in Istanbul I have to have iskender kebab. om nom nom :colone:

donner in england is gross though
nowhere near as good as in turkey
bleurgh
il have an adana or something in one of the restaurants in the uk
(thheres an amazing one in covent garden)
but thats it
think im going turkey in the summer though ::smile:
Reply 1068
i love turkish people
Reply 1069

think im going turkey in the summer though ::smile:

Which part? I was supposed to be going Ankara this week, but had to postpone it because of an exam :colonhash:
Original post by Man-Utd
i love turkish people

thanks
we love man u
or at least in my vague not really interested in football way
Original post by Akkuz
Which part? I was supposed to be going Ankara this week, but had to postpone it because of an exam :colonhash:

probably olu deniz
filthy tourist i know
haha
ive never been to ankara is it nice?
most of my family is from istanbul so...
Reply 1072
probably olu deniz
filthy tourist i know
haha
ive never been to ankara is it nice?
most of my family is from istanbul so...

Olu Deniz is nice, although I was young when I went there.

Ankara is a tad boring. Maybe because I've been there a lot. There isn't a beach or anything really. Just a standard capital city.

I've been pretty much everywhere in Turkey. My favourite places are Istanbul and Bodrum, for sure.
Original post by Akkuz
Olu Deniz is nice, although I was young when I went there.

Ankara is a tad boring. Maybe because I've been there a lot. There isn't a beach or anything really. Just a standard capital city.

I've been pretty much everywhere in Turkey. My favourite places are Istanbul and Bodrum, for sure.

i used to have a summer house in a small village close to bodrum
its so pretty with all the white buildings
but ive not been there in literally years

fair doos

yeh olu deniz is nice :smile:
and if im going on holiday with a few others which i may well be its either there or marmaris and i REALLY dont wanna go there
Reply 1074
i used to have a summer house in a small village close to bodrum
its so pretty with all the white buildings
but ive not been there in literally years

fair doos

yeh olu deniz is nice :smile:
and if im going on holiday with a few others which i may well be its either there or marmaris and i REALLY dont wanna go there

It's all the same in those places anyway. Loads of tourists. Bodrum's become too overcrowded tbh. I live on the west coastline during the summer months, where there aren't tourists. Just miles of coastline :biggrin:
Original post by Akkuz
It's all the same in those places anyway. Loads of tourists. Bodrum's become too overcrowded tbh. I live on the west coastline during the summer months, where there aren't tourists. Just miles of coastline :biggrin:

sounds beautifull :smile:

mycousins live on the coast in cannakale and the seside there looks lovely but i didnt like the town much :s-smilie:

at least olu deniz is still quite quiet and still relatively little known
its sorta got enough night life and activities to keep my friends entertained but is quiet and sorta "turkish" enough (as in its not over run by essex and you can eat a meal without chips)
Reply 1076
sounds beautifull :smile:

mycousins live on the coast in cannakale and the seside there looks lovely but i didnt like the town much :s-smilie:

at least olu deniz is still quite quiet and still relatively little known
its sorta got enough night life and activities to keep my friends entertained but is quiet and sorta "turkish" enough (as in its not over run by essex and you can eat a meal without chips)

Ah really want to go cannakale. Haven't had the chance. I will go sometime soon. I've heard it's really nice. Fair bit of historical stuff there too.
Original post by Akkuz
Ah really want to go cannakale. Haven't had the chance. I will go sometime soon. I've heard it's really nice. Fair bit of historical stuff there too.

the fairy house things are pretty coool
but other than that i wasnt overly impressed
and oh my goodness i got bit to buggery but whatever flying creatures there happened to be there
dying again... we're useless at this...
Reply 1079
dying again... we're useless at this...

It's hard to keep it going when only 3/4 regularly post in here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending