Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woody.)
    We did four stations (1.5 hours each), one of them was respiratory examinations.
    Ah, that makes more sense.

Even if it was a waste of time, it'd got to be better than a day of lectures, no?

ReputationRep:
    Am I right in thinking that cholinergic receptors are split into nicotinic (ionotropic?) and muscarinic (metabotropic?).

So a 'ligand-gated ion channel receptor' is synonymous with 'ionotropic receptor'?
    Correct on both fronts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fission_Mailed)
    Ah, that makes more sense.

Even if it was a waste of time, it'd got to be better than a day of lectures, no?
    Well, I actually quite enjoyed it (Onychophagia was saying he didn't). It was nice to have a bit of a change from the pure science, although I'm quite enjoying that too now (though still hopeless at it!).

(Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Correct on both fronts.
    Thank you (: I'd rep you if I could but I'm being told I must rep others before I can again! I think I'm getting my head over it now, I shall try and write it all down to get it straight in my mind.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I actually quite enjoyed it (Onychophagia was saying he didn't). It was nice to have a bit of a change from the pure science, although I'm quite enjoying that too now (though still hopeless at it!).
    Is it bad that I always thought Onychophagia was a girl? :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think 'Nail biting' is a particularly feminine name, but I've certainly made the same mistake with many other members!

ReputationRep:
    Right, thanks for the clarification! So there are ionotropic receptors and metabotropic receptors (the main divisions?) )
    dependents what you mean by main divisions, there are lots of receptors that aren't GPCRs/ionotropic (tyrosine kinases, guanylyl cyclase linked, serine-threonine kinases... etc etc)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Locke)
    dependents what you mean by main divisions, there are lots of receptors that aren't GPCRs/ionotropic (tyrosine kinases, guanylyl cyclase linked, serine-threonine kinases... etc etc)
    The two main divisions are metabotropic and ionotropic.

Tyrosine kinase would e.g. be under the metabotropic
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Did any of y'all meet Dr Pemberton on Thursday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    This is obviously an issue without a "right" or "wrong" answer.

It's going to be down to opinion.

But mine would be is, whilst your considered such that you shouldn't partake in normal society, nor should you have any bearing on the daily running of the country.

Again it's subjective and there are arguments on both sides.

Maybe you're just ahead of your time
    Legal human rights aren't a matter of opinion - there are definate rights and wrongs.

For instance, we don't ritually beat prisoners, no matter how many people have the opinion that such a thing is a good idea for those who break the law.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Crash)
    Legal human rights aren't a matter of opinion - there are definate rights and wrongs.

For instance, we don't ritually beat prisoners, no matter how many people have the opinion that such a thing is a good idea for those who break the law.
    Legal human rights or legal British rights?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    Lesson learnt. Never miss sportsnight for anything PDS related :p:

I just get a nice lie-in on thursdays. It'd be rude NOT to go to sportsnight. It's quite bad that one of my biggest achievements of this year is my 100% sportsnight attendance record. Something to say when I run for captain at the AGM.
    A 100% record is definitely something to be proud of. I was part of that elite group up until Wednesday; I can't believe I gave it up. :cry:

Yes. :sadnod:

Being mistaken for a girl on an online forum = -1000 lad points

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onychophagia)
    A 100% record is definitely something to be proud of. I was part of that elite group up until Wednesday; I can't believe I gave it up. :cry:

Terribly sorry old boy. :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Legal human rights or legal British rights?
    Legal Human Rights, as per the ECHR we signed up to, put into our own legislation in 1998 and clarified in subsequent law cases.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitalis)
    Hey guys
    Word up. Long time no see.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Word up. Long time no see.
    Long time never seen :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitalis)
    Hey guys
    Hey how's it going dude!
    Where've you been - is it because you've been busy being a gunner? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onychophagia)

You're not a girl? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    Long time never seen :p:
    Pedant.

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Just you wait.
    Oh, I know lol. It's only going to get worse! But at least I'll be a doctor and get paid for that **** :p:.

It's small consolation, I know... but better than no consolation.

I know, I know, you're going to argue about accountability.

Bah, leave me alone and let me sulk :p:.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.