The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS 4 - Corporate Culture Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Guys... If i post pics of an essay that I wrote that has already been marked, would someone be able to give me better feedback than what I've already got?
Original post by Ekam
does anyone have the jan 2013 paper?

Don't have it but i've done it... if i remember rightly, the section b questions were on information management, economic climate and ethics.
If the question involves a 'weak culture' could that also mean a toxic culture?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1063
Original post by nadster
Guys... If i post pics of an essay that I wrote that has already been marked, would someone be able to give me better feedback than what I've already got?

okay..probably will help with my revision
Original post by BARCEMO
okay..probably will help with my revision

-1.jpg
-2.jpg
-3.jpg
thanks
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by nadster
-1.jpg
-2.jpg
-3.jpg
thanks

Realistically in an exam situation could never write that much, i'm lucky to write 1 3/4 typed in an exam. How do people do that?!?
Original post by YoloPirate
Realistically in an exam situation could never write that much, i'm lucky to write 1 3/4 typed in an exam. How do people do that?!?

It took me about two hours to write that haha and i still couldn't score near to full marks... under exam conditions I write around 3-4 sides per question (handwritten)
Original post by Ekam
does anyone have the jan 2013 paper?

If you PM me your email address I can send you the January 2013 Paper/Mark scheme?
Reply 1068
Original post by nadster
-1.jpg
-2.jpg
-3.jpg
thanks

well it seems like you keep repeating the same words at the end of your sentences, the examiner may pick up on this and catch on that you aren't actually evaluating... i reckon during your paragraph should put in a 'depends on' line to get more evaluative marks....i can't read your teachers writing :rolleyes: ... could you look at mine please? its on leadership
For globalisation, can I write about Tesco opening fresh and easy stores in America? Also for the same topic what would be some good examples?
Original post by BARCEMO
well it seems like you keep repeating the same words at the end of your sentences, the examiner may pick up on this and catch on that you aren't actually evaluating... i reckon during your paragraph should put in a 'depends on' line to get more evaluative marks....i can't read your teachers writing :rolleyes: ... could you look at mine please? its on leadership

Yeah that's true, thanks. And sure :smile:
Original post by linabina94
If the question involves a 'weak culture' could that also mean a toxic culture?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not too sure. For example, Eron had a STRONG culture since his employees were "bringing home the bacon" and they were trying to reel in profit with the bonus culture that Eron had created, but it was TOXIC since it led to fraud which resulted in the downfall of his company (7th biggest in America) and imprisonment of himself and Skilling (not sure if just Skilling or both?)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1072
Could someone tell me how many businesses we are meant to refer to in either of the questions. I know we're required to research a number of businesses in depth but in terms of answering a question would it be better to refer to just a couple or more so five or six?
Reply 1073
Original post by nadster
Yeah that's true, thanks. And sure :smile:

thanks
Original post by nadster
-1.jpg
-2.jpg
-3.jpg
thanks

As you may have noticed you answear the question using examples which could of have been costly in the real exam..
so instead of jumping straight into the question state your point explain it with theory annnnd thennnn use the examples.. hope that helps
Does it matter which order we explain/give evidence using the PEEL technique? Does anyone have a recommendation of which should be done first (explaining or providing research evidence).
Original post by butterflyy
For globalisation, can I write about Tesco opening fresh and easy stores in America? Also for the same topic what would be some good examples?

Of course you can and not sure whether you can read my reading but here you go:
-4.jpg
Original post by CGEEZ_95
Could someone tell me how many businesses we are meant to refer to in either of the questions. I know we're required to research a number of businesses in depth but in terms of answering a question would it be better to refer to just a couple or more so five or six?

We're told to refer to 2 businesses and the item in Section A and 3 businesses in the Section B essay, with the possibility of mentioning an extra 1 to justify your line of argument
Original post by BARCEMO
thanks

Sorry to be nosy, I had a look at your paper because I'm having difficulty finding how much to write. Just wanted to note that Richard Branson's first venture was a student magazine for which he raised capital (about £5000) from his grandmother. (Taken from his book 'Like A Virgin')
Original post by iggyDash
As you may have noticed you answear the question using examples which could of have been costly in the real exam..
so instead of jumping straight into the question state your point explain it with theory annnnd thennnn use the examples.. hope that helps

Thanks a lot :smile: & My teacher told me off when I made my point before including my example.... she says not to :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending