Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    Big Spoilers The Name of the Doctor not too big though not leakage
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Attachment 215857Colin Baker returns as the 6th Doctor and bessie is back too.Clara will have to try to save the Doctor from threats by the Great Intelligence in all 13 of his incarnations from what I've read and Colin is back!
    That is leakage to me it's basically the plotline, kindly edit your post.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed, none of that was in the official bbc trailers or announcements, so it is clearly stuff that's been leaked.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do the spoilers above contain leakage? Sorely tempted to read them but I have been successful in my quest to not spoil the plot so far and I don't want that to change.

(Original post by Feefifofum)
    Just going to ignore the established rule of no spoilers for the finale, even in spoiler tags? Great.
    The rule doesn't apply to the usual stuff we would spoiler about an episode though, right? i.e. official posters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)

Anybody else think we need those clockwork enemies back from the Fireplace episode.
    I don't think they'd be scary enough in another situation. Their scare-factor (which wasn't huge already) was the fact they were dressed up...

ReputationRep:
    Agreed, none of that was in the official bbc trailers or announcements, so it is clearly stuff that's been leaked.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Actually that image was released BY THE BBC on their official website...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when the ep with David tennant and billie is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoRo)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think that's classed as a spoiler...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know EXACTLY what will happen in the next episode and all I will say is that fans of the classic series will not be disappointed! Also, the last 5 minutes... :O

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rascacielos)
    I don't think they'd be scary enough in another situation. Their scare-factor (which wasn't huge already) was the fact they were dressed up...
    That's the point. They lack any emotion, their cold and logical, they can travel through time so are powerful and can disguise as anything.

Also does anybody wonder if showing the 50th on the big screen when it airs is testing the water for an actual movie?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    That's the point. They lack any emotion, their cold and logical, they can travel through time so are powerful and can disguise as anything.

Also does anybody wonder if showing the 50th on the big screen when it airs is testing the water for an actual movie?
    I doubt it. If they were going to do a movie then it would have been the 50th anniversary itself. What better occasion?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    At this point as some others online are saying I think the "leak" is fake, not a single spoiler online nor any downloads that have slipped through the net.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drbluebox)
    At this point as some others online are saying I think the "leak" is fake, not a single spoiler online nor any downloads that have slipped through the net.
    There are (or at least were because I can't find anything now either) a couple of spoilers online. But they could easily have been faked, I suppose. I agree it's strange that no one has leaked the whole plot. Although I suppose that could be explained if only a handful of people received the hard copy in the US.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do the spoilers above contain leakage? Sorely tempted to read them but I have been successful in my quest to not spoil the plot so far and I don't want that to change.

The rule doesn't apply to the usual stuff we would spoiler about an episode though, right? i.e. official posters.
    No, not the posters, but the words in his post are spoilers that haven't been released, it's leaks.

(Original post by The Batman)
    Actually that image was released BY THE BBC on their official website...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes but the spoilers in his post weren't.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but the spoilers in his post weren't.
    I just read it. I'm not sure they were leaks:

(comment on the potential spoiler above)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The thing about Clara saving all the Doctors is speculation I've seen elsewhere - I don't think it's confirmed plot. It was based on the potential image of Colin Baker in the background of one of the official photos.

ReputationRep:
    There are (or at least were because I can't find anything now either) a couple of spoilers online. But they could easily have been faked, I suppose. I agree it's strange that no one has leaked the whole plot. Although I suppose that could be explained if only a handful of people received the hard copy in the US.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I do find it strange because the leakage for The Impossible Astronaut/Day of the Moon was much worse with full spoilers released everywhere but noone made too much of a fuss about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Response to speculation on the finale

Spoiler:
    Show

We've also seen David Tennant reprising his role in filming, possible that the doctors time lines are crossing and Matt Smith isn't playing the current doctor, but a previous doctor during the 50th anniversary episode?
    Exactly. That's what the events are leading me to believe, including a certain piece of unspoiled info in this topic -.-

(Original post by SoRo)
    Spoiler:
    Show

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spoiler:
    Show

50th.

ReputationRep:
    I think this "leak" is just the BBC trying to drum up interest in the finale... and didn't actually happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HotfireLegend)
    Exactly. That's what the events are leading me to believe, including a certain piece of unspoiled info in this topic -.-
    :eek: Clever! Really, really clever. That wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Do you think we might find out who the 12th Doctor is then (if that speculation is correct)? Blimey, it could be Clara.

They say Matt Smith is confirmed for the next series. If that's true, then it would still work, wouldn't it? We'd just be watching the Doctor in the past.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Clever! Really, really clever. That wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Do you think we might find out who the 12th Doctor is then (if that speculation is correct)? Blimey, it could be Clara.

They say Matt Smith is confirmed for the next series. If that's true, then it would still work, wouldn't it? We'd just be watching the Doctor in the past.
    Spoiler:
    Show

I am guessing season 8 (? I don't know how the seasons/series work here, but I will say '12th doctor' for simplicity) is going to be a past doctor. It could be a story of conflict, the doctor trying to get his body back and that sort of thing, to work out why he regenerated to a past form. Something like that. Would work very well in the 50th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HotfireLegend)
    Spoiler:
    Show

I am guessing season 8 (? I don't know how the seasons/series work here, but I will say '12th doctor' for simplicity) is going to be a past doctor. It could be a story of conflict, the doctor trying to get his body back and that sort of thing, to work out why he regenerated to a past form. Something like that. Would work very well in the 50th.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    So you think the 12th Doctor is going to be one of 1-10 (well, the ones that aren't dead anyway)? I think that's unlikely, somehow.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2018
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.