The Student Room Group

F581/ F582 Economics June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fas
what raw mark woulds 78 UMS have been ?

idk around 47/60 ?
Original post by popo
The Phillips curve shows the relationship between unemployment and inflation and i used it in one of the questions.

So when are the deadlines for getting your script back and a remark ? i read the photocopy is 20th sept. Surely there is a long deadline seeing as AS student havnt started school yet

deadline for photocopied script is 23rd August. deadline for a remark is 20th september.
Reply 1062
I got a B overall, A in unit 1 and C in unit 2, 68 (ums) but I really want an A overall for economics, shall I retake it???? Thanks to anyone who replies
Reply 1063
I'm sure this question has been asked before, but would someone be kind enough to explain how awarding top marks at A2 works? Is it necessary to obtain over 80 marks in both AS exams to be with a chance of getting an A* at A2 or do I need over 90 at both AS exams?

Thank you in advance
Reply 1064
Original post by lisa96
I would retake it since after starting A2, AS macro will seem much easier in a way. F582 was marked more harsher this time as well. Some of my class mates got An A in f581 but a mid B in F582 so they missed out on an A overall by a couple of UMS. It didn't help that the grade boundaries were extremely high in June as well.

I would say go for it, but resits will be in June next year along with all your other exams. Good luck x

hmm okay, I'll take that into consideration. yes the grade boundaries were :frown: ahh that must be annoying! are they retaking it? ahh I know, but luckily it would be in may right? as A2 is in june? Thank you for replying btw, I appreciate the help, Thanks, Good luck to you too xx
Original post by lisa96
Did you do Transport or Work and Leisure?

I and my class did transport economics which wasnt too bad. i say that now though after spending hours studying it.

Original post by Nerd2
Congrats man, did you get into your uni of choice?

Btw do you know how much was needed for an A overall,
I know that 280 UMS overall was a B, how much was needed for an A?

Thanks man, and yeah i got into my fist uni choice :smile:

And A is 320ums, what did you get overall for econ and for transport? And did you get into your uni choice aswell?
Original post by lisa96
I'm doing work and leisure. What grade did u get in transport and global?

High B in global

B in transport
Reply 1067
Original post by iggyDash
I and my class did transport economics which wasnt too bad. i say that now though after spending hours studying it.

Thanks man, and yeah i got into my fist uni choice :smile:

And A is 320ums, what did you get overall for econ and for transport? And did you get into your uni choice aswell?

I got a C overall. Isn't it crazy how you can get Bs in all 3/4 modules, but fail the other module and end up on a C, from that you should be able to work out what I got for Transport lool :frown:
Terrible.
Hi everyone. Can I have advice about whether yo do A2 economics as ive heard it really is hard!
Reply 1069
DOES anbody have the Economics F582 Summer exam. I got a D in it and i want to see whether i should ask for a photocopy of my script or a remark. Thank you
It's never been this high for 80 UMS in F582 (49/60).

The high boundary really messed up my UMS.
Original post by Kenny Loftun

same :s I got 78/100 which means I got about 48 marks... definitely sending in for a remark
Original post by Kenny Loftun

i dunno what the **** OCR does , this paper i thought i'd ****ed up , then the high grade boundaries the day before sent me into a mass panic , turned out i'd got 94 UMS !

however Micro , 44/60 for an A , thought i;d got atleast 90 UMS on it was confident for that one on results day - a C -_-

**** you OCR. just **** you.
Original post by Robbie242
same :s I got 78/100 which means I got about 48 marks... definitely sending in for a remark

you getting a photocopy first ? that's what im doing with micro :smile:
Original post by Fas
you getting a photocopy first ? that's what im doing with micro :smile:

yh of course don't want to take risks haha. I just really hope it goes up by exactly 8ums again haha, or at least 2 so I have straight a's bar S1
yh of course don't want to take risks haha. I just really hope it goes up by exactly 8ums again haha, or at least 2 so I have straight a's bar S1

haha yeah i only need my micro to go up by 1 UMS to give me my overall A for Economics , but would love it if it went up by 15 ( to get an A in the micro ) !
Original post by Fas
haha yeah i only need my micro to go up by 1 UMS to give me my overall A for Economics , but would love it if it went up by 15 ( to get an A in the micro ) !

Omg OCR are top notch ***** haha 1ums!?!?!? I feel sorry for you bro. 15 for me would be insane, my ums would be around 93 for cambridge then :colone:
Omg OCR are top notch ***** haha 1ums!?!?!? I feel sorry for you bro. 15 for me would be insane, my ums would be around 93 for cambridge then :colone:

yeah man such ****ing queers hahahaha

haha yeah i mine went up 15 ums , i'd have about 86% i think :tongue:
Original post by Fas
yeah man such ****ing queers hahahaha

haha yeah i mine went up 15 ums , i'd have about 86% i think :tongue:

I knew I should've gone to a school that does edexcel haha, all my edexcel exams have being kind to me :tongue:

haha I'd have about 88% which would tie with further maths and hence it would secure a decent average.

Man I just can't even comprehend how I dropped 12 marks? If it was the essay I'm gonna laugh because I got 18/18 in micro... I know for sure I lost 2 calculation marks but everything else I have no idea... hopefully my photocopy shows examiner slip ups!
I knew I should've gone to a school that does edexcel haha, all my edexcel exams have being kind to me :tongue:

haha I'd have about 88% which would tie with further maths and hence it would secure a decent average.

Man I just can't even comprehend how I dropped 12 marks? If it was the essay I'm gonna laugh because I got 18/18 in micro... I know for sure I lost 2 calculation marks but everything else I have no idea... hopefully my photocopy shows examiner slip ups!

ye gonna say cos i was reading through this thread earlier today ( i got THAT bored ) and you and me wrote some pretty similiar stuff for the essay and i HAD to have done quite well on that , otherwise i would never have got 94/100 ! the essay is really subjective though , i assume you got one harsh examiner so maybe on the remark you get a nice one haha :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending